Cannon

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dude drove into the yard today and said whats up with the cannon. I was puzzled as I thought most everyone had a cannon. I know some of you do, 20180418_173316.jpg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That is a very large muzzle loader. Good Lord where did you get that.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome Bud!!! Wonder if the warden would pull you over if you towed that thing down the highway on a trailer with the front half of a buck over one wheel and the back half over the other wheel??

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice, got one similar but we launch potatoes damn near a mile in that thing. Barrel liner and compressed air, cool at night when you give them a chem light soak.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL, I have a non-functioning one that was made by my place's previous owner.

Seeing this thread reminded me that I need to give it a coat of paint.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Used to shoot beer cans full of gravel but could never find them afterwards.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ever looked into the history of it? Date of manufacturing? Could you imagine the stories that bad boy could tell.

Last edited:

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah, I built that years ago. Barrel is a chunk of high presser gas vessel with 1 1/2 inch thick walls. Welded a piece of rebar around the muzzle and used fiberglass cloth/resin to make the taper. Welded barrel lugs, rear plate and the knob on the rear is a door knob. Used to mix up my own flashpowder but pretty much lack the guts to do that anymore.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I built that years ago. Barrel is a chunk of high presser gas vessel with 1 1/2 inch thick walls. Welded a piece of rebar around the muzzle and used fiberglass cloth/resin to make the taper. Welded barrel lugs, rear plate and the knob on the rear is a door knob. Used to mix up my own flashpowder but pretty much lack the guts to do that anymore.
Ha! That actually makes it even better! Very cool!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Made a golf ball cannon about 15 years ago but blew it up and decided it was not a good play thing after all. Apparently you can't just double the charge and stuff 2 balls in her! :;:smokin;:;badidea

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Made a golf ball cannon about 15 years ago but blew it up and decided it was not a good play thing after all. Apparently you can't just double the charge and stuff 2 balls in her! :;:smokin;:;badidea

That's a good one, it's pretty unnerving touching it off for the first time with different projectiles, gonna have to try the beer can one next time we get brave.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
We shoot a potato gun now and then, haven't blown anything or anybody up yet thankfully. Amazing how far those som bitches will fly if you can get the hairspray concentration correct.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ever Tried Starting fluid in it??

Once, set the ignition off with a cord wrapped around a full grain bin, full being the key word here, one piece went through the door of my gravel truck and the other banged off the side of the bin, no more boozing while operating the spud cannon. That's what prompted us to compressed air and barrel so heavy that a fricken tank round couldn't hurt it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5