class b state tourney

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am NOT a "basketballish" person, not even a little during tourneys etc. But, I just watched the 1st two quarters of BB I've sat for since likely high school 20+yrs ago. If the NBA were even 25% as entertaining as what I just saw in the ND B tourney title game, I might be enticed to watch that as well.

I would agree completely, I don't know B ball but you can tell those Indians been playing together for a long time.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man 4 winds has been fun to watch! Damn good ball players on both ends of the court!

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Obi-Wan just wait till you see the Legacy sports complex. Then take a good look at the bowl. All paid for by tax money. At least Shiloh's complex was not paid for by tax money.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Fun game to watch, the Indians got into their game and that was all she wrote. Our Redeemers was a class act watching them after the game.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
How did McKay sit just about the entire first half and still end up high scorer? He will be back next year. Excellent.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no doubt Coach Feller is a good coach, have watched a few of their games and he does a nice job and you can see the kids he has have been taught fundamentals at an early age. Had a relative that coached in their system so watched it with a bit of interest. I also know other coaches that have a work ethic their players and fans beleive is "second to none" as well.

But to say those kids have a harder work ethic than others that as a team are not as successful is foolishly assumptive at best. Yes those parents may be able to afford both financially and time wise to take their kids all around during the summer. Many parents that have talented kids that maybe would like to can not either because they or their kids are working full time in the summers or they simply do not have the funds to do so.

Surrey may not be the best example at this point given it's bedroom community status with Minot. I am curious though what is the fear of having a 3 class system to people like yourself.

From your emboldened statement and last paragraph I can see the base teachings of a Christian school may have fell a bit shorter than what you learned in the gym.

It appears others opinions have no value in that good Christian based education you received eh?

??? Could someone please tell me when Surrey PUBLIC School started giving "good christian based educations"?

- - - Updated - - -

:;:exactlyYES!!!!! Thank you thank you, does this mean I am still the dumbest motherf#cker on the internet? :cool:
Bar none
- - - Updated - - -

Back in 2001 the first year north border Eagles coop with pembina neche in all sports. They won state that year then the outcry came out because they won. It was not fair or the last team to win back to back state titles was a coop Mayport cg two different times

I remember that year... that was the year that we went to the state tournament. Didn't north border lose to Cando by like 40+ points earlier in the year? And then they ended up beating Cando pretty handily for the title.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, Cando had a Mr basketball finalist Evan Lindahl, who's Dad used to be Walhallas principal/science teacher/basketball coach. That senior class players were exactly how Four winds played. Full court press run and gun basketball. They NBE had multiple 100 pt games that year, the reason, my opinion, I think the school board decided to co op with Neche and Pembina was to beat the Cando Cubs because of the Lindahls. That group of guys played basketball year round from 1 thru 12 grade and Lindahl was a part of that group. Good memories though but the Mayport CG teams who won back to back trophies two separate times were beating top ranked MN and Class A boys basketball teams. One of the Mayport players went to UND, graduated became a asst. coach under Glass. I think he is a head coach for Neb. Omaha I think but not 100%.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no doubt Coach Feller is a good coach, have watched a few of their games and he does a nice job and you can see the kids he has have been taught fundamentals at an early age. Had a relative that coached in their system so watched it with a bit of interest. I also know other coaches that have a work ethic their players and fans beleive is "second to none" as well.

But to say those kids have a harder work ethic than others that as a team are not as successful is foolishly assumptive at best. Yes those parents may be able to afford both financially and time wise to take their kids all around during the summer. Many parents that have talented kids that maybe would like to can not either because they or their kids are working full time in the summers or they simply do not have the funds to do so.

Surrey may not be the best example at this point given it's bedroom community status with Minot. I am curious though what is the fear of having a 3 class system to people like yourself.

From your emboldened statement and last paragraph I can see the base teachings of a Christian school may have fell a bit shorter than what you learned in the gym.

It appears others opinions have no value in that good Christian based education you received eh?

??? Could someone please tell me when Surrey PUBLIC School started giving "good christian based educations"?

My apologizes, I thought perhaps you had been "recruited to play for Coach Feller from Surrey to ORCS. ;)

I am curious though what is the fear of having a 3 class system to people like yourself.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I remember that year... that was the year that we went to the state tournament. Didn't north border lose to Cando by like 40+ points earlier in the year? And then they ended up beating Cando pretty handily for the title.
Didn't Carrington win the year Surrey went to state? Kleinsasser was on that team.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carrington may have won it the first time surrey went to state back in the early 90's not sure tho. When I played in it in 01 North Border beat Cando for the championship and we were simply outplayed by Dickinson Trinity and ended up taking 4th.

I can't say whether I'm for or against a 3 class system yet... the only proposal that I have seen for a 3 class system is the one outlined in the Forum. Class A turns to Class AA but stays the same. The next 40 highest enrollment schools then makes up the new "Class A" and then the next 80 schools makes up the new "Class B". Ok, fine and dandy, this all sounds great, but, in the proposal they outlined, the "State tourney would consist of the 4 best schools from the new "Class A" playing the 4 best schools from "Class B".... What would this solve? People will still cry and whine about having to play the private schools in the state tournament....

Maybe they should just make a 4 class system? Class A, Class B, Class N and Class P. Lets segregate the shit out of highschool sports. Would that make you guys happy? Oh, and lets not forget the participation trophies too! I'm gonna insert the ::: button for those of you who may not have picked up on it...

It will be interesting to see what the other proposals are for this 3 class system. The one that is on the table now I don't like.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, Cando had a Mr basketball finalist Evan Lindahl, who's Dad used to be Walhallas principal/science teacher/basketball coach. That senior class players were exactly how Four winds played. Full court press run and gun basketball. They NBE had multiple 100 pt games that year, the reason, my opinion, I think the school board decided to co op with Neche and Pembina was to beat the Cando Cubs because of the Lindahls. That group of guys played basketball year round from 1 thru 12 grade and Lindahl was a part of that group. Good memories though but the Mayport CG teams who won back to back trophies two separate times were beating top ranked MN and Class A boys basketball teams. One of the Mayport players went to UND, graduated became a asst. coach under Glass. I think he is a head coach for Neb. Omaha I think but not 100%.

everyone remembers lindahl, but how about that Mitchell kid that played with them those years? if i'm not mistaken he moved to cando after playing on a crappy (at best) border central team? word on the street at the time is (gasp) he was RECRUITED! without Mitchell they get beat. we had lindahl completely shut down and Mitchell went off against us. or there was a Woodrow kid that moved from sarles to munich to play ball. this crap has been going on for a long time and is not isolated to parochial schools. I heard a rumor that good ball player a couple years back from linton actually moved from Bottineau and lived with his aunt to play in linton? just a rumor

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Call of the night: He passes up court to Threeirons.........it's one against four........that's not gonna stop him.......HE SCORES!!! good stuff right there ;:;bowdown

In a post game interview with Threeirons, he stated "I'm just happy to have won a state championship and I'm happy to say that I'll be graduating high school before my 30th birthday."

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets get rid of the school programs all together and just go with all-star teams as that appears to be happening already.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
In a post game interview with Threeirons, he stated "I'm just happy to have won a state championship and I'm happy to say that I'll be graduating high school before my 30th birthday."

I think you're only provided a public school education until you're 21 years of age.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 38