FBO a sinking ship

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I appears the ship there is going down. Gotta love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I have mixed emotions. It was a daily endeavor for me since the very beginning. Too bad the current regime chased everybody out.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, some mixed feelings here, but it is what it is. I wonder if Murdock will show up here, or Bobcat, Timmy... I hope Quincy does not,

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The lights are on but nobody home over there....Pretty quiet on that site lol.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The whole thing is unfortunate for them. For you young kids on here, learn from what happened to FBO and who is gaining from their loss. This is a great lesson in both hiring practices and how to run a small business.

Running a website like FBO or NDA you absolutely have to take some of the bad with the good. Again, it's like running a bar. The majority of those that made FBO what it was didn't see eye-to-eye with the new FBO leadership, were axed from the site, and are now here on NDA having a good time (in a different bar). He expected his customers (who had other entertainment options) to conform to his new-world-order and free men revolted.....You tell me who the problem was.

I could probably guess the way that Toby voted in the last election, and they like to bill themselves as the party of tolerance. Unfortunately his true lack of tolerance clouded his vision and he forgot the purpose of what FBO was all about...making money for his boss. As it sits now they have a couple left wingers doing the majority of posting....just like Nodak Outdoors. He tried to create a monarchy and it failed.

Vollmer...thanks for the freedom!

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i really try to not wish ill will on anyone... but fbo got to be a real drag with all the suck... regrettably, i was part of the suck...

i was foamit on the other site, and must admit that i would post new political threads to antagonize, and would get sucked into threads because they were on top at the time, and because i happened to agree/disagree with them... i don't know if it was the brilliance of v to put the political stuff at the bottom, or just simply all the good content here that really drowns out all the negativity... look at the political threads... bout 1% of the content???

for some reason, there is too much to do here to argue with people i disagree with on 10% of the things we may talk about... i no longer have a drive to antagonize these people, or seek a Thumbs Up from people i happen to agree with... brilliance on the programming end, and great input from the 350 odd members here...

props to v and all contributing members... first class all... Thumbs Up

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good points ndwalleyes. I've got to wonder, are there guys (I use the term loosely) who hit these sites with an agenda to destroy the site? Lets face it; there are some on the other site that did nothing but create animosity. I think it may be prudent to figure out a way in advance to deal with those types without putting it all on the moderator (Vollmer).

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good points ndwalleyes. I've got to wonder, are there guys (I use the term loosely) who hit these sites with an agenda to destroy the site? Lets face it; there are some on the other site that did nothing but create animosity. I think it may be prudent to figure out a way in advance to deal with those types without putting it all on the moderator (Vollmer).

At some point those that like to create animosity may show up here. They are the bad we have to tolerate. I think the "reputation" part of this site will help with that as we will be able to point out the problems to Vollmer. As far as destroying FBO, their management did it to themselves.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only real gripe on FBO was the deletion of threads when things went crazy, you never knew what happened. I received no PMs or warnings about profanity or scantly clad ladies. I had a buddy, sitting at my own kitchen table visiting, put a nude lady for my avatar when I hit the head. Then he texted me later bout it and I removed it, but I got no warning, no PM, no nothing. Hopefully here the system is more conducive to learning the boundaries as I am sure we will get there eventually fishhit.gif

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
There are tools in place to let the community dictate what NDA will be.

The reputation system, for one. People that receive enough negative reputation will automatically get a timeout. If people do not learn their lesson and continue to earn negative rep, their consequences can stack to the point of being banned ... by the members. On the flip side, members that gain enough good rep will gain additional perks and privileges.

In addition, why be so negative? Am I right? So, I am also developing a rewards system. This will be down the line a little ways, but in a nutshell i will give a quick overview of what it will be:
Members will earn points for various contributions to the community.
Posting a thread that gets people talking.
Posting a fishing report.
Posting photos.
Posting videos.
Posting classified ads.
etc ...
Certain things will gain a member more points, like posting a fishing report for instance.

Members will then be able to use those points to:
Buy tickets for raffle giveaways. (instead of getting sponsors to pay NDA, I will ask them to donate to the prize pool)
Get on site achievements.
Get additional perks/privileges on the site.
and so on ...

more on this in the near future

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
It really is too bad cuz the place was great at one time. I get along with Mod Davis and set his bow up for him last summer but things just went down hill fast.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
"are there guys (I use the term loosely) who hit these sites with an agenda to destroy the site?"

There is a fella over on FBO and the old Nodak that was always making that accusation. I guess I never saw that. The site was doing fine right up until the new moderator decided to impose his will. People that did not want to read political threads did not have to click on them if they didn;t want to read them. Kinda like a car wreck, everyone looks.

Toby sent me a half dozen or so emails. He laid down a line of hypocritical BS in each one of them, chastising for something he allowed others to do without being held accountable. You can not claim credibility or demand respect, they are qualities that have to be earned.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
FBO was a great site I only spent 6 or so years on it but had a lot of fun and met a lot of good friends. It is sad that one guy wrecked the whole site in a madder of a couple months.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Toby sent me a half dozen or so emails. He laid down a line of hypocritical BS in each one of them, chastising for something he allowed others to do without being held accountable. You can not claim credibility or demand respect, they are qualities that have to be earned.

That was the main problem i saw too. no matter how many times you tried to explain it, it just went in one ear and out the other.

Oh well, not my problem.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fbo was what it was. It was on a slow slide. . Imo it was to much the same thing over and over, the site computer issues and the mod technique. Contoversy threads drew the majority of the views and posts.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Freaking awesome :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

This is in response to V's post

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me I'm not talking to myself, am I in a society of one?

Conversations with yourself are the best. lol

I like apples.

Does anyone else like apples?

I do.

Green or red?

Both ...:p

Did we just become a society of 2? I think so ...

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's amazing how fast those bad eggs jumped on Toby's side. I had to chuckle at them, but he sucked it all up and gave them immunity.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's be honest, gst, you did a lot of political feather ruffling over there. I don't intend to start a hyperlink war with you. You made many good points and you made Quincy look like a hypocritical moron most times. For that I thank you. I do ask that you start commenting on the outdoor related topics instead of the ones involving some sort of conflict.

Back to the topic, plainsman now has two defunct websites to aimlessly roam. Let's hope that the Q man and others like him stay put.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75