going north to Canada tomorrow

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got the 4x4 out, changed oil. put carriers on and other things, will load tomorrow and me, kid and two others are going 500 miles north and hope to find a horn over the next week. Maybe will also find a bar with the good time locals. db

Attachments

20230425_193752[1].jpg 20230425_193816[1].jpg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
By the way for those that ask for a picture of the 4x4 for sale that is it. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Asked about elk, yes have found a handful over the years but mainly whitetail.
Just find a spot and start walking.
Stop and visit with the locals. They are all friendly up there and most will tell you were to go. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, it was $5000 but it appears they are asking more than that and to replace will be more than what i want to pay. So, decide to keep unless one has $12,000.

Did put the system on so it can go in water but never needed yet
3 pipes come up behind seat db

Last edited:

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck DB! I always enjoy seeing the fruits of your labor when you get back each spring. Can't wait to see the results!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got to forest Thursday morning and sat up camp.
Walk Thursday, Friday and until 4:00 on Saturday and found only 5 brown smaller horns.
Five of us so not good. At 4:00 Saturday broke camp, headed to town and hotel, shower, ate and in the bar by 10;00.
Sunday went back to forest and only found 1 more brown. During those days did find a few white horns. Told the deer are all gone due to the last few hard winters and wolves.

Monday decided to go visit the local landowners and find new spots. They are all friendly up there and showed us many spots to walk. Seen some large deer on the walls and one close to Hanson buck.

First walk Tuesday netted us over 100 horns in back of guy's farmyard. Did walk a few more spots for maybe 20 horns.

Wednesday next farmyard also netted us over 100 horns and a few more in other yards.
Found a bar in a small town at 2:00 and did not get out until 1:30. Hard on the horn finding but just as much fun there. More later.

Every tree patch around the farm has junk and used equipment in it. From JD D to pony drills, Super 92 and 95 JD and even 4x4 Versatile. A ton of stuff. I was in seventh heaven going through.
Found a M-6 Mercury PU and a f-68 Ford. Both with flatheads intact. Late 1940. Said all the Ford need was a battery. But i said a chair for the driver would also be nice. Was prepared to off a few hundred but he said he was already offer 5000 for Ford. So, end of discussion. Canadian funds. GMC is beyond repair but notice the running lights that someone put on.

We had left the ATVs in forest and when we went to get, game and fish was waiting. Guy came walking up to me and I notice he must have spent an hour getting dress that morning. Short hair, clean shave, spit shine from toe to head, vest with shinny badge and gun on left hip.
As he was coming up to me, he said to get license out for him to look at.
License did not know we needed one. So told him did not have. Then ask what the hell we were doing up here.
So, I thought for a minute and told him we were looking for a boob that had maybe escape from their cover and were roaming the woods.
Kids, sometimes do not take things well. Said no license on trailers and no helmets for 4x4. But in the end it was all fine.
More later. db

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93