going north to Canada tomorrow

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We left Thursday morning but got too late of a start to bring horns back at border for vet to look at so only brought back four a piece for now. Balance in friend's camper to get back home next year. Last year i found the biggest 5x5 shed and this year again. Only found a total of seven horns for me. Score in high 140s and low 150s. Not sure where we will go next year but not to the forest.

One guy told the story he woke up to his dog in the middle of the night and when he went outside some wolves were taking a buck down in his yard. He said a nice buck and called game and fish to get tag. Agent came out with tag but after looking and taking pictures he needed to go back to see if he could issue a tag. Wife got a call a few days later and said they could not issue a tag and will be out to pick up rack. Said his sledgehammer took care of that issue.
Will work on some horn pictures. db

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
20230507_213601[1].jpg
20220508_121608[1].jpg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
the four i found and brought back and some mule deer found earlier at a different spot. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
four bars and two with juke boxes. Found friendly bar maid at bar we spent most of day at. Could not find the song but she said maybe fine for me, but the boys back home will need to imagine. db

Went to one farmer who had a building that the roof had fallen in part of it.

Broke open side door and there was a ton of skulls and horns laying on floor. I mean a ton in that building on floor. Pick up two skulls and measure with tape and both would net over 170. A 5x5 and a 6x6. Then a shed 5x5 on tape that measures 170 gross and high 160 net. All three horns clean. Got pictures and will need help to get on here.

But overall, this is a great way to spend with family and friends. Age 76 and hopefully i can keep going. But did not get on all walks and half speed for now. db

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got to forest Thursday morning and sat up camp.
Walk Thursday, Friday and until 4:00 on Saturday and found only 5 brown smaller horns.
Five of us so not good. At 4:00 Saturday broke camp, headed to town and hotel, shower, ate and in the bar by 10;00.
Sunday went back to forest and only found 1 more brown. During those days did find a few white horns. Told the deer are all gone due to the last few hard winters and wolves.

Monday decided to go visit the local landowners and find new spots. They are all friendly up there and showed us many spots to walk. Seen some large deer on the walls and one close to Hanson buck.

First walk Tuesday netted us over 100 horns in back of guy's farmyard. Did walk a few more spots for maybe 20 horns.

Wednesday next farmyard also netted us over 100 horns and a few more in other yards.
Found a bar in a small town at 2:00 and did not get out until 1:30. Hard on the horn finding but just as much fun there. More later.

Every tree patch around the farm has junk and used equipment in it. From JD D to pony drills, Super 92 and 95 JD and even 4x4 Versatile. A ton of stuff. I was in seventh heaven going through.
Found a M-6 Mercury PU and a f-68 Ford. Both with flatheads intact. Late 1940. Said all the Ford need was a battery. But i said a chair for the driver would also be nice. Was prepared to off a few hundred but he said he was already offer 5000 for Ford. So, end of discussion. Canadian funds. GMC is beyond repair but notice the running lights that someone put on.

We had left the ATVs in forest and when we went to get, game and fish was waiting. Guy came walking up to me and I notice he must have spent an hour getting dress that morning. Short hair, clean shave, spit shine from toe to head, vest with shinny badge and gun on left hip.
As he was coming up to me, he said to get license out for him to look at.
License did not know we needed one. So told him did not have. Then ask what the hell we were doing up here.
So, I thought for a minute and told him we were looking for a boob that had maybe escape from their cover and were roaming the woods.
Kids, sometimes do not take things well. Said no license on trailers and no helmets for 4x4. But in the end it was all fine.
More later. db
5k for the Ford? Man that’s a lot of coin for that truck…unless it ran well….then maybe.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Said all it needed was a battery BUT. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was shed hunting, boobs were the last thought on my mind. db ha-ha

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what do you do with all those sheds? Are they worth much, and too who?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Throw them in the pile with several now on the wall. Value of $10-12 a pound and yes, we have a few thousand dollars but do not do for the monies but the enjoyment. Buyers mainly for dogs to chew on. db

PU box can hold 3-400 lbs. at level with box.

Last edited:

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
He's making boner pills out of his sheds i think. Grinds them up and then puts em into little capcels. He's the local boner pill plug up there I heard.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
He's making boner pills out of his sheds i think. Grinds them up and then puts em into little capcels. He's the local boner pill plug up there I heard.
It works! I've been chewing on sheds for years! A little "hard" on the teeth though......

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My cousin raise's elk and some Chinese and Jap business buys them for Aphrodisiac makes good money he does.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88