Measure 2: Marijuana Legalization

Will you support the legalization of high THC cannabis in ND?

• Yes

Votes: 71 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 36.5%
  • Don't care... Hand me another beer!

Votes: 23 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
But then due to always something beer never did help me out either.

In the old days, girls had morals. db

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Yes vote but don't see it passing. Too many on the red team are still stuck on reefer madness and/or already burnt out having it on the ballet a second time. The budget lies they were allowed to include isn't going to help get red votes either.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am like @NPO_Aaron. Was pretty anti MJ for years. Believed the rhetoric and middle school drug video scare tactic shit. The last several years I’ve seen it through a different lense and I’ve changed dramatically. My wife is a physical therapist in a legal state. The majority of her clients from college age to retirement home resident manage pain with recreational marijuana. I’m glad there’s that option readily available and all those folks are not on opiates. We have a very close friend that basically had her life ruined because of seizures. We had to witness several of them. No doctor in the country could help her go more than a handful of hours without a violent seizure. Now she takes edibles every time she feels one coming on. Hasn’t had a seizure in years and now has 3 kids.

I typically wouldn’t share this much, but I feel people really need a change of perspective and I would like to see others be helped like I was. The topic of MJ has become extremely personal to me since my daughter died 1.5 years ago. Had to experience and witness shit I legitimately wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. Day one of counseling they warn you about the fact people like me almost always become an addiction and/or self harm statistic. And then the pricks tried to write some drugs on me. I use MJ probably a couple times a week. Manage my stress and emotions. Massive PTSD moments and just straight up depression is toned back very quickly. I’m so incredibly thankful for that option and I have no shame in it.

I’m VERY strict on not using alcohol when I’m stressed or sad. I just simply won’t go down that violent and addictive road. I hardly even drink socially anymore because the shit scares me. And I used to drink A LOT.

There’s a reason Jeffrey Dahmer had to get drunk before killing, raping, and eating dudes and not high. 74% of adults suffering from a substance use disorder first struggled with an alcohol use disorder. Alcohol is the ultimate gateway drug if you’re looking for it. If you’re against legalization of weed, you better also be for alcohol prohibition or embrace your hypocrite label.

I drive to Anchorage often, they have a very large homeless population. Those folks are all holding paper bags and needles, not bongs.

Last edited:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, people like to point out the local burn out that is not living a productive life and label him a burnt out stoner. How does one know that person would have been any different if their choice of escape would have been different? And what about all the successful people that have and do use the devil's lettuce? Seems like choosing your example to fit your narrative.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
I think you can choose examples to fit your narrative on both sides of this issue. If this does pass(which I hope it doesn’t), our state legislature will have it butchered beyond recognition on what is proposed. I’m 100% for medical.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a yes from me. I've watched alcohol and opiates ruin lives, not so much from cannabis. I work with recovering heroine addicts weekly and the only gateway drug I've seen for that is prescription opiates. The only real negative to cannabis use (besides the obvious of being under control of a vehicle while high) is the heat from smoking isn't good for lung tissue. The rest of the negative things being spread before voting day haven't been substantiated by any data, it's scare tactics and embellishment. IMO adults should be able to make the decision if they choose to or not to use it. The way it seems, commercializing cannabis is going to be the best way to make sure it is safe and consistent. I think it's time.
This is from someone who was very against cannabis for a majority of my life because I was told to be. Once I did some research for myself, my opinion changed.

This is why I love America. Let the people vote.
100% the same as me.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
wife use to take up to 1800 mg of ibuprofen a day for rheumatoid arthritis now with a little mm at night hardly takes any.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There was a time when three class system was important with five kids in a smaller class B and we knew certain schools year end and year out we could not beat. And when my school lost its class c and was forced to complete with class B schools back in early 60 and then finally being shut down when i was in the eight grade. Lost our colors and our nick name to be no more. Still have the one letter i got and the pendant "Go Pirates". It was best for my future.

And there was a time i had no use for pot heads and still do not but understand the need for some to have it for their quality of life. Glad that i do not need it. Just leave my old mill alone and i will leave your pot alone.

But being old now, i spend more time looking at the coffee thread. Old does have its advances. db

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
100% yes. A close friend has PTSD and once a month she drives to Montana to get her stuff. The change that she talks about and the results that I have seen are amazing. Plus, just being able to kick back, relax and slow things down doesn't hurt either.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a fuckstory in "toddler" development.

Would you want someone "pissing hot" flying your jet, operating your locomotive/heavy equipment, delivering your child or operating on your brain? IMO with the current trend the Fed needs to (my lord I'm loathe to say this--maybe watch a "range war" movie on INSP) drop the hammer on states with an "acceptable" amount of THC in the bloodstream.

After the covid bullshit how could anyone trust Fed guidelines?

Now let's say this happens:

AGAIN: I concede all negative attributes of alcohol: On average the human body is able to process and expel 1oz per hour mostly through the lungs no matter the point of ingestion. THC is fat soluble and will remain detectable for 70(ish) days.

Most "drunk" standards are .08; with most good jobs at zero tolerance for booze or dope. Why should the MJ "celibate" support those "less responsible"?

Why can't a high stress employee smoke a jay after a shift? Let's say the Fed limit is (arbitrary) set at "73" (the "coolest" prime number): How the hell will the "pilot" know the limit while enjoying a smoke or a brownie? Tobacco is evil and pot is virtuous?!! How the hell is smoking anything "good"? It's all about control.

The Soviet Union spent more on "Peace and Love" here than arming the gd Vietcong.

Two good jams:

That is all.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most "drunk" standards are .08; with most good jobs at zero tolerance for booze or dope. Why should the MJ "celibate" support those "less responsible"?

The simple answer to this: If you work in a zero-tolerance environment, you should expect greater compensation because you are not using the stuff. I don't want my pilots or cab drivers stoned, but I'd hazard a guess that I have a better chance of getting a sober chauffer in the air.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
I just looked at the National map of which states recreational is legal, it very closely mirrors the Red and Blue map of our political divide, and appears to be creeping inward. Maybe it’s just coincidence?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I sent my post to Hotrod Impala Guy. Here is his take:

"I think it should be legal. I think the regulations and technologies needed to ensure you don't have impaired people flying, operating heavy machinery, or driving are all feasible. We just haven't gotten serious about finding those solutions yet. I personally think it will come down to something like a quick reflexes or hand-eye coordination test. After all, we can usually tell when someone is impaired and shouldn't be trusted with the lives of others. Technology can be developed to observe the same things we see, especially now that AI is so common. The piss tests are stupid, IMHO. Anyone who's used any kind of chemical substances knows that over time the effects are lessened - almost to the point of going away. The chemical is still present, but the behavior evidence is not. The "functional" alcoholic comes to mind. And on that notion, I have to admit I'd rather my pilot was a functional pot smoker than a functional alcoholic."

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some more tedium: There does come a point when blood/piss is zero and breath is not. 6.5 Creedmoor!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14