Mercer county deputy killed

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for letting me play along guys.

For the record - there’s not a darn thing wrong with a spirited web debate.

We were setting up the Christmas tree and the mood just struck me to try to play peacekeeper. 😁
Sometimes a little intervention is all that's needed. 😉

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
My youngest son passed away 2/6/2014. He was 27. He was into marijuana pills, etc. Was very delusional and thought everyone was out to get him. I thank my lucky stars I did not provide him with a weapon. He died of an accidental death 2/6/14. To this day we do not think it was a suicide but rather over medication. RIP son. Sorry for venting

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My youngest son passed away 2/6/2014. He was 27. He was into marijuana pills, etc. Was very delusional and thought everyone was out to get him. I thank my lucky stars I did not provide him with a weapon. He died of an accidental death 2/6/14. To this day we do not think it was a suicide but rather over medication. RIP son. Sorry for venting
My Prayers are with you 3Roosters. So very sorry for your loss no matter what our views are I stand buy that and wish you nothing but the best.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m so sorry to learn that. Can’t imagine.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m so sorry to learn that. Can’t imagine.
I can't either..ya know my views and the way I look at things are completely different then the next guys and there experiences..I know for myself I need to start having a little more open mind about things because it may not just be how I see things..there may be another way to view them. It's very hard to do that though not having those types of other experiences whether they are bad or good. But I know for myself I need to try and be a little more open minded..that's also why I don't like the personal insults..you just never know what the next guy has gone through. I also want to thank 3Roosters for telling us that..I can't imagine how hard that was. I have kids of my own and hope to never ever experience that but also know it's a real possibility this day and age. So again 3Roosters very very sorry.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So sorry to hear this. I can not even imagine going through that. It makes me take a step back and realize that we all have our own demons to deal with, some worse than others. And most others, we don't even know about.

RANGER 1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had a very difficult time reading this thread. As a member of law enforcement and still serving, (year 33) we need to either cancel this thread or change the direction as to where it is going, although I don't know if that is possible. This is going way off topic. Deputy Martin lost his life protecting the public who he took an oath to serve and die for. I don't care if it was a politician's family member or not, that has nothing to do with this, he probably didn't even know it at the time. He didn't know what the intentions of this person was, and he and his fellow law enforcement officers did what they thought was best to protect others. I will tell you that his intentions were nothing less than doing what he thought was right, and he gave his life doing so. Politicians' family or not, he would have done this no matter what. So please leave his name out of this conversation if you are going to turn this into a shit show, OR honor him for his 18 years of service to the people, this State, and this Country. A Law Enforcement Officer leaves their house every day knowing that they might be involved in any of these three things. 1. They might have to save a life. 2. They might have to take a life, and 3. they might have to give a life. Deput Martin did the latter, and we should honor and respect him for that.

DEPUTY PAUL MARTIN 10-7 EOW 12/06/2023. Rest in peace brother "WE GOT IT FROM HERE."

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Camper has brought the worst out in us as we write to each other. db
It’s either me or Biden, right db? I told you, you spend way too much time obsessing over me. It’s almost like your first teenage love.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for your loss 3R, addiction doesn't just take from the addict, it takes from everyone who loves that person. I believe that is what happened to arrowden, his demons told him it would be easier then to ask for forgiveness and for help.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had a very difficult time reading this thread. As a member of law enforcement and still serving, (year 33) we need to either cancel this thread or change the direction as to where it is going, although I don't know if that is possible. This is going way off topic. Deputy Martin lost his life protecting the public who he took an oath to serve and die for. I don't care if it was a politician's family member or not, that has nothing to do with this, he probably didn't even know it at the time. He didn't know what the intentions of this person was, and he and his fellow law enforcement officers did what they thought was best to protect others. I will tell you that his intentions were nothing less than doing what he thought was right, and he gave his life doing so. Politicians' family or not, he would have done this no matter what. So please leave his name out of this conversation if you are going to turn this into a shit show, OR honor him for his 18 years of service to the people, this State, and this Country. A Law Enforcement Officer leaves their house every day knowing that they might be involved in any of these three things. 1. They might have to save a life. 2. They might have to take a life, and 3. they might have to give a life. Deput Martin did the latter, and we should honor and respect him for that.

DEPUTY PAUL MARTIN 10-7 EOW 12/06/2023. Rest in peace brother "WE GOT IT FROM HERE."
I did it for 24 in the military. You must be some kind of a horse. It caused me to hate people and half hate dogs. Guaranteed I'd be right there with Derick Chauvin. God Bless you and keep you safe. A reminder: ALWAYS KNOW your EXACT location and relay this FIRST on a traffic stop.

That is all.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very SORRY for your loss.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry: I used to have a hell of a time beating "location" into the kid's skulls. They always wanted to give "reason" first and "location" last after a dissertation. People are still amazed and love to play with radio like a cat, ball and string: STOP DECLARATION/LOCATION, number of occupants: You should "NEVER" have to request a "roll by" as you KNOW all unoccupied units on the net are automatically headed in your direction.

This tactic used to piss off "minorities" in Minot housing when my shift was on as many felt they were due some sort of deference on Hip Hop night.

1702181232718.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88