Muck Boots

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at getting some Muck Boots, but there are so many different styles. Is there a good "all season" boot that keeps you warm in the later season, but not too hot in Sept/October? I usually wear an uninsulated pair in Sept/October, but then switch to insulated in November. Are the Artic Pro ones really warm? I guess if I can't get an all season one, I'd go with the super insulated ones for late season as the ones I have aren't that good. Let's hear your Muck reviews.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have the arctic pros that i wear for late season, that with arctic shield boot insulators that you wear over are a for sure win! keep in mind ive been in the tree stand from anywhere from -15 to -20 when it gets that cold i put hand warmers in the insulators.. they are awesome.. for my hunting early season into october i have a pair or trail blazers that work really well... if you put on a few miles you will get warm cause they have some insulation, but for me the further i walk to the stand is probably 1/2 mile... i love my mucks.. awesome hunting boot, not awesome if you are putting a lot of miles on, but for just hunting the tree stand they are perfect!

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, awesome for sedentary activities such as bow hunting or ice fishing. I wish they could make some that were that warm but breathed better, though.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Arctic pros and they are very warm. I wouldn't consider them an all season one. If I wear them when its above 25 degrees or so my feet are on fire.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Arctic pros and they are very warm. I wouldn't consider them an all season one. If I wear them when its above 25 degrees or so my feet are on fire.

Agreed.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
we all have them at my house... the arctic pros are great for what they are intended, but not in warmer weather...

my bride has poor circulation after freezing both her feet in her teens... she wears the arctic pros all winter and has never had cold feet, but they are even too much for her in late spring and early fall... she has another pair a notch or 2 down from them for warmer weather...

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
On my second pair of Arctic Pro's +++, also on my second pair of Wetland Mucks that I use all fall for both bird and bow hunting..

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must have the worst appendage circulation ever. I get some cold feet in my arctic pros. I'll be trying the lacrosse alphaburly 1600g boots this winter.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Artic pros are great for ice fishing bowhunting and I wear them all winter trapping. Dirty how much toe room do u have in your boots?

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the chore boots and I wear them ice fishing most of the winter but I know if im just going to set up the house and sit I will wear my pack boots. I like how with the mucks my feet stay dry no matter how many holes I drill in a day

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 1000g insulated boots from Guide Gear. Not that warm. I ended up wearing my Sorel boots last winter in the stand in late November when it was really cold. My feet still got cold. And the Sorels I have claim they are warm to -100 (or something like that). Anyone have experience between the Arctic Pros and regular Sorels? Any difference? I don't want to spend another $200 on a pair of Mucks if they aren't any warmer then my Sorels. My feet never get cold in Sorels when I wear then snowblowing and stuff.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Artic pros are great for ice fishing bowhunting and I wear them all winter trapping. Dirty how much toe room do u have in your boots?

Plenty of toe room. I landed at that thought too so I bought some thinner merino socks to help create some extra space. I think the only option left is just to light my feet on fire.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
i had mentioned in here that i have the trail blazers and love them for deer hunting, and i just saw Cabelas is running a sale on them 79.99 starting this saturday, this is one of their door buster sales.. just giving you a heads up

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
i had mentioned in here that i have the trail blazers and love them for deer hunting, and i just saw Cabelas is running a sale on them 79.99 starting this saturday, this is one of their door buster sales.. just giving you a heads up

Do you use the trail blazers for stand hunting? That's what I need them for the most. I still can't make up my mind which ones I'd like. Leaning toward the arctic pro just because they are rated for the coldest.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the wetland or waterfowl mucks or something like that. They have a few hundred of thinsulate. I use them in warm (not hot) weather too. They are great for spring and fall temps and even summer farm work. They are a good all around option.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
just picked up another pair of arctic pro steel toes on sale at tsc for $99 - reg price $179... didn't need a second pair right now, but couldn't pass it up... screamin deal...

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the "brushland" muck boots. Great 3 season boot. Clean very easily and dont hold scent like leather boots. I do wear them icefishing occasionally, especially late ice and when chasing pike on tip ups. Really cold weather, your feet will get cold, really warm weather your feet will be on fire. I love them for bowhunting, general chores outside (especially those that which require work in "muck"), late season bird hunting, and also cold weather fishing (spring and fall). Can get feet wet fishing and loading and unloading boat, while feet stay plenty warm. Which reminds me I need to get out on a fall fishing trip asap.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
LaCrosse 8in Miners are the best work boots in existence. I don't GAF about other opinion. They are a bit hot in the daylight months. I've found I can deal with it and keep pressing. Maybe I got lucky.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75