Muck Boots

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must have the worst appendage circulation ever. I get some cold feet in my arctic pros. I'll be trying the lacrosse alphaburly 1600g boots this winter.

I'm with you on this one. I bowhunt late season allot on all day sits here and up in Canada. My feet would freeze off in my arctic pros if not for heat packs in them. And that's with the best wool socks and liners available and a size larger boot for room "a must".

There is no comparison warmth wise between the muck arctic pros and the Cabelas Inferno 2000. And the infernos are on sale right now as well for 150 and free shipping.

But cold sits are a thing of the past since I went to an Iwom suit that's for sure no matter how cold it gets sitting from dark till dark! :;:cheers

iwom 009 (2).jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My feet also get cold in my artic pro boots. My feet sweat a lot. What socks would help with that?

Good wool and CLEAR underarm antiperspirant/deodorant in winter. Good socks which don't rub otherwise.

Here2Learn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the fieldblazers. They have worked great for me for "most"-season. With the right socks, I'm comfortable down to about 10-15* sitting in the stand.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Artic pros are great for ice fishing bowhunting and I wear them all winter trapping. Dirty how much toe room do u have in your boots?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on some Baffins. My feet are always warm, but my giant freak show big toe gets cold often.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the Baffin....not sure of the name but their warmest boot. Wore them on Winnipeg and never had cold toes. Their light too which is dang nice. Only for cold times tho. Too warm for the 20 deg days.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
light weight is key IMO

I have an old pair of Red Balls that are very light and I am always happiest wearing them

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the fieldblazer Mucks that I picked up on one of the Cableas sales a few years back. I do love them as early season and waterproof chore/mud boot....I have wore them ice fishing and with the right pair of socks they're ok...if I am sitting with my feet on the ice for prolong periods of time they do get cold, if I stay moving they are pretty good down to about 10-15 degrees...once it gets around 0 or below I would definitely want something warmer, keep in mind these are the fieldblazers not the artic pros

Rustywaterdogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the muck wetlands for early season and the Arctic pros for late season and ice fishing. They both work nicely but I can't wear the Arctic pros if it's warmer out.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
light weight is key IMO

I have an old pair of Red Balls that are very light and I am always happiest wearing them

That is strange my old pair of balls are blue, and rather heavy...

- - - Updated - - -

If I was just looking for a new ice fishing boot, nothing but used while on the frozen lake and fishing 10-12 hours at 10* to -20* what would be my best bet. I don't walk to my spots, its a pickup or ranger ride, so very limited movement other than between holes etc.

Any suggestions for a sedentary fisherman with a need for warm feet?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
red ball boundaries - they don't make em anymore - another item I should have bought 2 or 3 pair
$%28KGrHqJHJC%21E7zG,CvnSBPGG1,ZUvw%7E%7E60_35.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

the rubber bottom is quite thin (light) - I'm sure a barb wire fence would open them up

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is strange my old pair of balls are blue, and rather heavy...

- - - Updated - - -

If I was just looking for a new ice fishing boot, nothing but used while on the frozen lake and fishing 10-12 hours at 10* to -20* what would be my best bet. I don't walk to my spots, its a pickup or ranger ride, so very limited movement other than between holes etc.

Any suggestions for a sedentary fisherman with a need for warm feet?

Baffin no question IMO.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to tsc in bis lady looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned 99 artic pro st. Raider did you find that deal in williston?

Last edited:

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must have the worst appendage circulation ever. I get some cold feet in my arctic pros. I'll be trying the lacrosse alphaburly 1600g boots this winter.

Dirty,

Did you ever get those Lacrosse Alphaburly boots? I never did buy the mucks like I was planning, so now this fall I am buying for sure. Just tried on those Alphaburlys today. I like the bigger calf opening. Are they as warm as the Muck Artic pro? Comfort wise they seemed about the same. Anyone have experience with the these boots?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't. I went with baffin icebreakers. Fished in Winnipeg with an ambient temp of -25 every morning. Feet actually held up nicely.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok. Looking more for a hunting/camo type boot that I can wear in the stand that keeps feet warm(ish). I have a pair of Sorels I use for winter that are rated to -100. I'd like to be able to wear them when its 50, but also when its 10 above.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80