My Wife and I made it to 20 years!!!

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Congrats to you and your bride KDM...hope you have another 20 and then some!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
First off congrats KDM, and wishing you many more years. For us 51 is just around the corner.

All you that have many years together, what would you say your secret is?
At wedding receptions I can see the fire in the eyes of the mother-in-laws when I tell the newlyweds I'm going to give them better advise than anyone. You can about hear a pin drop. Then I tell them don't take anyone's advice. They know why they like each other. It doesn't take a book, or a busy body to tell them anything. Screw the world and simply treat each other as you would like to be treated. Some say marriage is hard, but if that's true my wife must be doing all the work. Ok shut up smart ass.:)

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats! My wife and I just celebrated 16 years last month. Hardest part for me is raising the 4 renegade kids we brought into the world, but it's been worth every minute!

All you that have many years together, what would you say your secret is? My uncle told me when I got married that marriage was like a hot bath...and just left it at that. I guess it means that we have to figure out how to keep the water hot so we are enjoying the bath (marriage). Not sure...anyway...what wisdom do ya'll have?

CHOOSE to make it work. Both of you will change....do what it takes to keep your marriage strong and make her top priority. Asking God for help never hurts either.

Bob

I did Eleventeen year tour with the first one and now over 30 years with this one! I have a son and daughter which have provided us two granddaughters and a grandson. We also have a foster daughter which has given us two granddaughters! Love them all to pieces! The children is what we live for. Also some advise to keep a relationship going is to go out to dinner at least twice a week like we do! I'll go on Tuesday and she goes on Thursday! Works for me!

Oh, and Congrads on the twenty years!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We will celebrate our 17th year of marriage at the end of this month. Congratulations on your 20th!!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Burn the hay". Will explain it later when I don't have to type it all on my phone. Nonetheless, congratulations. Each day is worthy of celebration in this world. We just passed 11 years and if we make it to 20, I feel pretty confident that "till death do us part" is a no brainer. Good for u!

Coldfront

Established Member
Congratulations, 52 yrs this past Sunday. 4 kids, 7 grandkids and 4 great grand kids and 3 great grands kids. The best part is all but 1 daughter and 2 grand kids live by. Enjoy them all life is to short.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Congrats! My wife and I just celebrated 16 years last month. Hardest part for me is raising the 4 renegade kids we brought into the world, but it's been worth every minute!

All you that have many years together, what would you say your secret is? My uncle told me when I got married that marriage was like a hot bath...and just left it at that. I guess it means that we have to figure out how to keep the water hot so we are enjoying the bath (marriage). Not sure...anyway...what wisdom do ya'll have?

He may have meant that it starts out piping hot but the longer you’re in it, the colder it gets!
A lot of marriages follow that model!!!

Last edited:

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Marriage is not 50/50, it’s 100/100. If you aren’t all in together, you will grow apart, plain and simple!

congrats KDM, you guys are an awesome couple!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
27th. We eloped to NV and got married on the beach of Lake Tahoe.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
It will be 20 years for Judy and I next February. I love her dearly but like all humans of the feminine persuasion, she can go from sweet to bitch in 60 seconds! LOL

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congratulations to you both. 30 this past Feb for the wife and I. As with alot of other things some days seemed long but the years went by in a flash

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats on 20. In November it will be 238 yrs for me and the misses - dog years -

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14