NDA Jedi Ice Fishing Bonanza

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't drink any kind of tea, don't like the taste. I can drink beer, or Limon or Morgan cokes.

I have a stainless steel tank of a stomach and really no preference for booze unless you try to serve me gin. Those teas are fantastic though. Enough to make the 36 mile round trip off the interstate on our way home from college.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a stainless steel tank of a stomach and really no preference for booze unless you try to serve me gin.

same here except lowland peat-soaked dentist office tasting scotches - YUCK

and domestic beers - but only cuz they give me gout

anybody who has a family member who suffers from gout - and drinks domestic beer - please PM me and I'll give you the lowdown on how eliminating domestics knocked mine down by 95%

cue the old man gout jokes :;:howdy- but anybody who's had it or watched family members suffer with it knows it super duper sucks

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allopurinol is your huckleberry!

I have so far made it through with prednisone to knock down a flare once every year or two (usually when I "cheat" and drink domestic)

the thought of daily meds makes me leery (I've never been on a daily med my whole life other than antibiotics when sick so I'm paranoid)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as it is kosher to shit on the ice if the need arises, and no one will rub it in my face. Drinking ice cold Busch lights, and deer snausage sometimes gives me the grippers.

I also have a buddy who ended up with gout, the doctor asked him about his drinking, and told him to cut it down and to drink cherry juice, so he mixed his Bacardi with cherry juice and claimed it tasted "pretty god damn good" and took care of his gout.

the best offense is a good defense.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Indomethacin is what worked for my yearly flare-up of "pseudo-gout". Not making it up, that's what the doc called it.

Feel it coming on, in the joint of my big toe, and start on the Indomethacin. Usually all better by the next day.

I'd rather stick a milkbone in my mouth, and a hungry dog up my ass, than suffer from gout.

And here come the jokes...;:;popcorn

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
why does domestic beer cause gout??

no flipping idea - and I've googled till my fingers bled

- - - Updated - - -

Indomethacin is what worked for my yearly flare-up of "pseudo-gout". Not making it up, that's what the doc called it.

Feel it coming on, in the joint of my big toe, and start on the Indomethacin. Usually all better by the next day.

I'd rather stick a milkbone in my mouth, and a hungry dog up my ass, than suffer from gout.

I used that for a few years. It made me feel kinda creeped out. Hard to describe fuzzy/warm not-in-good-way. Prednisone is WAY faster and stops it cold.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
no flipping idea - and I've googled till my fingers bled

- - - Updated - - -

I used that for a few years. It made me feel kinda creeped out. Hard to describe fuzzy/warm not-in-good-way. Prednisone is WAY faster and stops it cold.
Prednisone does its job very well. Too well. Takes a toll on your body though.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Did you at least start with a gerbil or did you go straight to a hungry dog ?? Asking for a friend . Lycanthrope does have his shy side you know !

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
same here except lowland peat-soaked dentist office tasting scotches - YUCK

and domestic beers - but only cuz they give me gout

anybody who has a family member who suffers from gout - and drinks domestic beer - please PM me and I'll give you the lowdown on how eliminating domestics knocked mine down by 95%

cue the old man gout jokes :;:howdy- but anybody who's had it or watched family members suffer with it knows it super duper sucks

Thats interesting. I have a buddy who doesn't drink beer at all because of gout. We always kind of laughed because he drinks plenty and his diet is what that docs says will give it to you but he swears it's every time he has a couple beers he's laid up the next day.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a true alcoholic, insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting do not to have gout.
Goutisnarly

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 47
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18