So...I got a dog

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice looking dog.
My GSP gets bullied by the yellow labs of a buddy's, my GSP can out run them no problem, and when its been enough, he will let the labs know. They don't fight, but they play pretty hard. I think its good for a dog to be around other dogs and play a bit rough and tumble.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice looking dog.
My GSP gets bullied by the yellow labs of a buddy's, my GSP can out run them no problem, and when its been enough, he will let the labs know. They don't fight, but they play pretty hard. I think its good for a dog to be around other dogs and play a bit rough and tumble.

I agree. Another couple brought their gsp over for some play time. Their gsp is only a month older but huge compared to our dog. They were play fighting very well and I'm happy that our pup was able to keep up. We'll have to get the dogs together for some birds...in Huron, SD.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last 2 dogs been in a kennel in the house for the first year depends on the dog. When they prove to me that they can roam the house with out tearing up the place or making every corner a bathroom. I use to have friends that told me you couldn't have a good hunting dog that lives in the house were very wrong. Gus proved that and so is Jess. I like the idea the dog barks when someone rings the door bell. that's part of the reason I bought a dog so that someone thinks about breaking in wonders how big and how mean. I could never understand why someone would get a dog and the only time they would take the dog anywhere is when it was hunting season. For me it was the connection with the dog as a member of the family that makes them as good as they can be when working with me in the field hunting. Jess and Gus loved to fish and hunt and by spending time with them outside of hunting you get to know how they tick. Dogs are a pack they have to be treated that way... that's my to cents.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11