That time of year again

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh waa. Some people have to much time on their hands. I think you should spend more time hunting and fishing and less time bitching about what everyone else does. Are you going to change it by bitching? Hell no! So just go out and enjoy the outdoors. Getting to be a bunch of snowflakes on here. Sorry rant over.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
what does that even mean???

I know I'm a little late with this post but here's what "urban dictionary" says...
Screenshot_20180821-233114_Chrome.jpg

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's why I had to look it up. I thought he was talking about tires;:;rofl

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
10 ply tires and 80psi and you better use super hold for your dentures in my trucks.:;:rockit

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every man knows 10 ply refers to tires the only way a boy would think it refers to toilet paper is if he grew up in a 2 mom household

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I swear, field hunters are the musky fishermen of the waterfowl world. If they weren't so damn pushy about the "right" and "wrong" way to kill ducks and geese, more people would probably pay attention. But after 18 years of hearing the same tired argument, it's just white noise.

I wish I had the time and patience to field hunt regular season. When I was in college, that's all we did. But we skipped class and burned days on end scouting for field. I work 60 hours a week now, and when it comes to getting my almost-5-year old out for a morning of watching the birds and dogs work, I hit the water. Every time. It's relaxing. I don't have to kill myself knocking on doors and beating 10 trucks to the same spot. I just drive to my local WPA, set up in a cozy cove with a dozen decoys, break out the granola bars and snacks, and talk to my boy about whatever comes to mind. I can recall every single hunt I've been with him since his first in 2016, which was actually a field hunt for geese. But other than that single one, the best have been the ones I stress out about the least. A slough, sack of decoys, him and the dogs. Ducks are a bonus, and we often make an extra trip for breakfast or McDonalds or just down a dirt road to see the world wake up.

Sorry if I bust your roost. But if it's not too far off the beaten path and makes for a fun morning for me and my boy, well, tough shit. Mama and sister are waiting back home, and I don't have the time or energy to do it the "right way" any more.

Walleye fishermen are worse than the muskie guys

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Never know what to expect from NDA threads. This one started out as non resident bashing. Shifted gears to millineal hating. Throw in a grammar lesson and now we are on how 10 ply tires are a rough rid. I LOVE IT.;:;hijacked

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never know what to expect from NDA threads. This one started out as non resident bashing. Shifted gears to millineal hating. Throw in a grammar lesson and now we are on how 10 ply tires are a rough rid. I LOVE IT.;:;hijacked

Best thing on the internet for passing the time during the work week!!!

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never know what to expect from NDA threads. This one started out as non resident bashing. Shifted gears to millennial hating. Throw in a grammar lesson and now we are on how 10 ply tires are a rough ride. I LOVE IT.;:;hijacked

Don't forget spelling lessons....:;:cheers

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cutem:
I can feel for the story you told. Same here almost to a tea however before they left they also eliminated the couple of handful of roosters that we had raised. Same story, as neighbor said it was vehicle with MInn. plates. Where unable to find the next day. I understand why the neighbor did not confront them but will never understood why the neighbor did not take the license number down as he knew they were not to be there.
So yes it does affect how things are done going forward and there are neighbors to us that also will do the same thing, just not outsiders.

Why when if one puts some effort into your own plot one can have it all without pissing others off and not be concern about looking over their shoulder. Low life, scumbags, magpies. There's a bunch of them out there.

So it would be nice dodge to spent more time hunting than bitching and enjoying the outdoors. So hopefully the next time I am there, I will not need to bitch as the problem will end at that moment with whoever and not by bitching. Then I can sit back and enjoy with maybe even a smile as I see the end results.

Did I mention they are low life, scumbags, magpies. If not that's what they are. db

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think thats the whole problem with people that observe a situation going down and they don't want to get involved, don't want to be the whistle blower. Just say 'just saw this truck with xx plates, but didnt take the number". If we just sit around and witness shit go down , its never gonna help. We all need to step up and help the landowners we know and like to help when illegal stuff happens because they cannot be on their property 24/7.

I know the central and east side of the state get pounded during waterfowl season. That just gets to me reading that someone pulls down a posted sign off someone's land, thats just classless and shows no respect, don't care if its NR or resident doing it.

I like it when whomever puts name AND phone number on a posted sign, I respect all posted land but I respect the ones even more that put their phone number on the sign. I think legislation should mandate landowner put that info on all signs, even no trespassing signs.
I know some of you will disagree.

All it takes is one no good asshat hunter high on his horse to ruin it for EVERYONE.

If seeing posted signs and you have to go to the length to take them down, you have a personal problem and should take up a different hobby, because hunting isn't for you.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Diversity makes the world go round. Don't know if I spelled that right.

Last edited:

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
I lived in S.E.N.D. for over 40 yrs. I have hunted N.D. for 50 yrs. I guided for many yrs and I can truthfully say I have never heard of anyone removing or tearing signs down. If there was a problem most of the time it was a local going on land that was posted and they knew a guy who knew a guy that had permission.

Most people that come from out of state are pretty good. But you do get some bad apples.

If you want to find out for yourself read the local newspapers. In the court section. Its normally about 60 percent residents and 40 percent nonresidents that get game violations.

Yrs back would go down to the Dam on the James River in the spring and fall and catch Walleyes. You had the same meat fisherman that were there 3 or 4 times a day. The local Game warden got wise to them guys in a hurry and would put a stop to it. A week or two later you read about them in the paper.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31