Updated SB 2315 Online

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll say what I've said before. I no longer feel a connection with ND farmers/ranchers. I'll let my purchases reflect that.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'll say what I've said before. I no longer feel a connection with ND farmers/ranchers. I'll let my purchases reflect that.

That must really suck. I have connections to lots of farmers and ranchers that let me hunt all the time if I just ask. They even like to sit down and have a few cold ones after I let them know how the hunt went.
Im glad I don’t just say, “fuck it” when a few of the big operations and a few politicians don’t value those relationships like me, my hunting buddies and my farmer/rancher friends do. I can’t imagine assuming all farmers and ranchers are assholes because the few who do the talking have motives that don’t include hunters.

I hate this bill. I really do. Mostly because of the shenanigans that are taking place with it.
If it keeps moving forward, You guys who think the world is over if it passes better find a new hobby fast!

Last edited:

MULEDEER

Established Member
Totally agree dirty. Personally I could care less if this passes I think in the end it will be better for hunting and hopefully weed out the slob hunters. I do own land close to Bismarck and deal with calls and treaspassers so I am involved on both sides. I never let people who ask to hunt during season as I feel that should be done before season starts. Also this will NOT be the end of the world like everyone thinks

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Totally agree dirty. Personally I could care less if this passes I think in the end it will be better for hunting and hopefully weed out the slob hunters. I do own land close to Bismarck and deal with calls and treaspassers so I am involved on both sides. I never let people who ask to hunt during season as I feel that should be done before season starts. Also this will NOT be the end of the world like everyone thinks
have you thought about how the game and fish will be funded due to the loss of a major amount of revenue?

MULEDEER

Established Member
Well Mabey what I meant was it will be better for landowner/hunter relations. By this I hope hunters will be more willing to talk with the owner long before the season starts. I don’t own a lot but I really dislike when I tell someone no they tell me to F off its their right to hunt. I am hoping this new law will help by getting people out earlier to ask. Not saying it will but we can hope

- - - Updated - - -

As for the funding I would love to see a block management system in ND. Keep in mind I am not totally sold on this bill but something will happen if we like it or not

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Mabey what I meant was it will be better for landowner/hunter relations. By this I hope hunters will be more willing to talk with the owner long before the season starts. I don’t own a lot but I really dislike when I tell someone no they tell me to F off its their right to hunt. I am hoping this new law will help by getting people out earlier to ask. Not saying it will but we can hope

- - - Updated - - -

As for the funding I would love to see a block management system in ND. Keep in mind I am not totally sold on this bill but something will happen if we like it or not

so you are telling us you actually had a guy tell you to fuck off its their right to hunt

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I speak neither German nor Japanese because somebody didn't let it happen. No different with SB-2315. If it goes through it will be because hunters let it happen.

MULEDEER

Established Member
Yes I have been told that a young guy did it I laughed it off. But the rudeness you get from saying no gets old I am sure being close to a large town is part of it. I generally say no since that incident

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes I have been told that a young guy did it I laughed it off. But the rudeness you get from saying no gets old I am sure being close to a large town is part of it. I generally say no since that incident

There must be more to the story, let's hear it

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I speak neither German nor Japanese because somebody didn't let it happen. No different with SB-2315. If it goes through it will be because hunters let it happen.

So this passing would be comparable to hitler winning world war 2? Bold strategy

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No, a fatalistic position that 2315 is just going to happen and there is nothing to be done is defeatist. Do nothing and you are defeated and this bill becomes reality.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

hate to be the guy that breaks it to you but the attitude towards land owners is going to get really ugly I would bet. In fact the whole attitude toward ag in general is.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

https://realestate.findlaw.com/land-use-laws/select-state-laws-on-hunting-and-trespassing.html

All city, county, and state law enforcement officers are authorized to enforce the hunter trespass laws. In 40 states, wildlife officers from the state's wildlife management agency are also authorized to enforce the trespassing laws. In 22 states, posting is not required, which means it is against the law for hunters to trespass on private property without the landowner's permission even if the land is not posted. Where posting is required, some states have laws specifying how to post land. Only a few states have statutes that specifically address hunters trespassing to retrieve dogs or wounded animals. In all other states, hunters may not retrieve dogs or wounded animals on land on which the hunter could not legally hunt.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33