Winter Vacations

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That looks amazing I tried to eat a different kind of ceviche every day. We went on a snorkeling trip and Im not much for ocean swimming so i sat on the boat ate fresh made food and drank it was a great time. We are planning a trip in for next year. Talked about Costa Rica but I heard alot of the food is bland and boring there. Have you ever been?
nope

hope to someday

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
{ am 77 yrs. old use a walker to get around. Go on a 2week cruise every year. Don't get off the ship anymore. I drive to the port of departure.
Yes cruises are great, best damn food and more than enough all day to eat. Good fun did Alaska cruise, west side of Mexico out of San Diago and out of Florida south to islands.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_7137.jpeg

We are at the adults only one (first time at this one)on the far right.Light green semi circle Opened in 2019
Have access to all the other ones.

Fourth time at Barcelo. In 2019 brought the whole family here for Christmas ( daughter, son, daughter in- law and 2 grandchildren ages 4.5 and 1.5).

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Headed to Grand Caymen in a couple months for kids senior vacation trip. Was there 8 years ago and have wanted to go back since. Super clean, American speaking, take American money or CI money, fabulous beachess, very safe and American friendly. Doesn't hurt its a British Overseas Island governed by the queen. Drive down the street and go to a Napa auto parts if you feel a little home sick, lol. Not over fished and you get to the "wall" within a mile of the coast so you can go deep see fishing without spending hours to get to deep water. Its a fishermans paridise. 20k ft deep caymen trench is only 12 miles out.

The bad, they drive on the wrong side of the road, it can get little pricey, and the travel sucks. You'll spend 18-20 hours from ND, either on the way there, or the way back because your almost garrettee'd to have a 10ish hour layover somewhere.

also, no all inclusives on the islands. Frankly, I have no desire for that so this fit us great. Rent a beach house and car and make the island your own.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headed to Grand Caymen in a couple months for kids senior vacation trip. Was there 8 years ago and have wanted to go back since. Super clean, American speaking, take American money or CI money, fabulous beachess, very safe and American friendly. Doesn't hurt its a British Overseas Island governed by the queen. Drive down the street and go to a Napa auto parts if you feel a little home sick, lol. Not over fished and you get to the "wall" within a mile of the coast so you can go deep see fishing without spending hours to get to deep water. Its a fishermans paridise. 20k ft deep caymen trench is only 12 miles out.

The bad, they drive on the wrong side of the road, it can get little pricey, and the travel sucks. You'll spend 18-20 hours from ND, either on the way there, or the way back because your almost garrettee'd to have a 10ish hour layover somewhere.

also, no all inclusives on the islands. Frankly, I have no desire for that so this fit us great. Rent a beach house and car and make the island your own.
Can recommend as well. Been there twice. I don't recall travel times being that long though.

Rum Point area is my style.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rum Point area is my style.
Our beach house is only a mile or two away from rum point. didn't get up to that area last time but i understand that to be the quieter side of the island. Have heard rum point is great for good food and drinks!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our beach house is only a mile or two away from rum point. didn't get up to that area last time but i understand that to be the quieter side of the island. Have heard rum point is great for good food and drinks!
Right. We like it quiet and laid back.

Seven Mile looks like a rat race - never even drove up it. 😫

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nothing is safe anymore I bet Mexican drug cartel are making “clean money” off tourism and resorts.
Probably..still doesn't take away the fact i feel safer there then Fargo..that's no joke either. Walk near cash wise near I94 at 10pm during the summer..tell me you feel safe. Been to cancun and all over cancun.. to many times to count..been out at all hours..never ever felt unsafe.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't even imagine going on a vacation unless I have a bow or gun.

Bout the only place that even slightly interests me is Australia/ new Zealand.

People say, " it's awesome" to see skimpliy clad bikinis on the beach"

I've seen enuff skimpily " naked" clad beautiful ladies for free in my younger years.
Would rather see a big dall sheep through a scope

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are going on a cruise in mid February out of Orlando and thru the Caribbean islands. We have a couple days in Orlando to kill some time and looking at a fishing charter of some sort or everglades adventure. Any ideas or recommendations?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were runnin late this year --- cruise out of barcelona 1st of June

Walleye Slayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_7137.jpeg

We are at the adults only one (first time at this one)on the far right.Light green semi circle Opened in 2019
Have access to all the other ones.

Fourth time at Barcelo. In 2019 brought the whole family here for Christmas ( daughter, son, daughter in- law and 2 grandchildren ages 4.5 and 1.5).
I will second this resort. We have stayed here 2 times. Once at the colonial and once at the Adults only.
We plan on going back at some point. The food was fantastic!! some pretty decent snorkeling right off the beach at the resort also

Walleye Slayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headed out to New Orleans in a week or so to take a cruise to Belize, Honduras Cozumel and Costa Maya. Hopefully it will be a good trip. I will report back after.

Walleye Slayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are going on a cruise in mid February out of Orlando and thru the Caribbean islands. We have a couple days in Orlando to kill some time and looking at a fishing charter of some sort or everglades adventure. Any ideas or recommendations?
We went to Gatorland. It was a fun day they had some shows nice little walk around Gator zoo.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will second this resort. We have stayed here 2 times. Once at the colonial and once at the Adults only.
We plan on going back at some point. The food was fantastic!! some pretty decent snorkeling right off the beach at the resort also
Sitting on the balcony watching the ships come in drinking my coffee was fun to watch in cozumel.

cozumel boats.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't even imagine going on a vacation unless I have a bow or gun.

Bout the only place that even slightly interests me is Australia/ new Zealand.

People say, " it's awesome" to see skimpily clad bikinis on the beach"

I've seen enuff skimpily " naked" clad beautiful ladies for free in my younger years.
Would rather see a big Dall sheep through a scope
I really enjoy being able to wake up when I wake up, have a hardy breakfast, hit a neat little tourist trap, have some afternoon cocktails, eat a 5 star meal, bang the mrs, and repeat for 8 days.

Hunting/ fishing kicks ass, but is not a vacation even remotely. Set an alarm, eat some quick shitty breakfast, work your ass off to get to the spot you need, mostly stay away from the booze, eat a bag of shitty homemade jerky your buddy is proud off, go to bed alone, and repeat...

It is pure delight to be on an actual vacation with zero deadlines, or missed opportunities, etc. Just you, your wife, and whatever the eff you decide you want, and of course warm weather, hot chicks, cold drinks, and people waiting on you like you are a prince.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14