Yeti

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I myself couldn't see spending the extra money on the grey/silver model and went with the original :
11386555_379155945611566_1070929827_n.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
fairly certain this is what the back of JaunR's truck looks like pre-lake weekend:

2015-11-10 18.33.38.jpg

haha, I actually found one of these without the lid while I was walking my dog up at the lake. I picked it out of the ditch, and am planning on writing YETI on the side of it for my buddy who has an upcoming birthday yet this summer.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That looks like a foam seat cover! Praise odin, my letters have been getting read!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you are going in them for beer, pop, and water they don't last that long 2 days over half your ice is gone. Over the fourth we used my buddy's he has a 115 or 120 yeti. i brought 3 of my 60 coleman with ice to refill his precooled YETI on tuesday night, by friday morning we were buying more ice. now had people not been going in it constanly it may have kept the ice a bit better, but what good is a cooler full of ice if you never open the thing?
I get my ice at free.com so i fill 3 wheeled coolers thursday, I keep the beer in one, pop and water in another, and the other usually gets split between those two and a smaller boat cooler duringthe weekend. by sunday i have no ice left or beer so it is time to go home.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was at Sam's Club the other day. They have an Iqloo something or other that's rotomolded and whatever else Yeti thing for $200. It looked like a carbon copy of the Yeti.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is a decent review of some of the better coolers out there;

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/essentials/363-the-big-cooler-showdown

Yetis are nice but I would't spend the money on one if only using for 2-4 days at a time, access to more ice is fairly close, and you will be in and out of it quite often. A coleman will do the trick for much cheaper. With that said, I do enjoy both of my yetis but they were gifts as well. Up here it shines as I use it for week plus long hunts, hauling loads of salmon, and on the occasion I get out halibut fishing. I fill it with ice on base before I go anywhere because it's the cheapest. You should see what they charge in the small towns up here for a crappy bag of 5lb ice.

For size, I wouldn't go any smaller than a 75 quart. They fill up fast. I don't have access to a big walk in freezer so I pre-cool mine with my well water. The water is probably in the upper 30's for temp and it helps quite a it.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeti's are not just coolers. IT is a LIFESTYLE!
:;:rockit

I own 4. Biggest being a 75. It is a lot easier to move 2 smaller coolers than 1 big cooler when they are full.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also have a pelican and it kicks ass on the yetti. far better built.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I could help you out with pre-chill.

Find my HS girlfriend. With a slightly above average queef ... She'd freeze it solid.

She was one frigid B

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Decided to waste some money on a Yeti. I haven't bought a cooler in many years, currently have one of them huge Coleman white ones that holds like 100cans. It gets used on long weekends, and I have two normal ones that I use on the typical 2-3 day weekends.

I ice them down at the start of the trip with cold beers, a frozen milk jug, and to the top with ice cubes. Depending on the heat it can last through the first night into the next afternoon, or just a bag or two of ice when really hot.

My question is this, I currently pack a case of beer, 12 pack of pop, and a half a case of water in it. Leaves not a ton of room for the ice.

What size Yeti do you Yeti guys recommend I pick up for that amount of items, leaving me enough room for a weekends worth of ice.

If I am going to put $400+ down on a cooler it better not need ice before the weekend ends, or mrs johnr will not approve of my spending habits again...

By the way the kids picked me up a Yeti tumbler, works freeeking awesome. The ice will last 2-3 drinks or more. Never seen anything like it.

THAT should answer some critics... the can coozie is also amazing btw...

I have the 65, and that alone might be a little small for what you want... we roll with the 65 and a 35 for weekends, and don't even use the fridge in the camper... the 35 is the perfect boat cooler for us... if starting over and having a big family, i would start with a 105 or 110, and pick up a 35 or 45 next year for the boat...

but, yetis suck and are overrated... like loomis, lund, ranger, glock, and honda, they're just not worth it...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76