Yeti

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Decided to waste some money on a Yeti. I haven't bought a cooler in many years, currently have one of them huge Coleman white ones that holds like 100cans. It gets used on long weekends, and I have two normal ones that I use on the typical 2-3 day weekends.

I ice them down at the start of the trip with cold beers, a frozen milk jug, and to the top with ice cubes. Depending on the heat it can last through the first night into the next afternoon, or just a bag or two of ice when really hot.

My question is this, I currently pack a case of beer, 12 pack of pop, and a half a case of water in it. Leaves not a ton of room for the ice.

What size Yeti do you Yeti guys recommend I pick up for that amount of items, leaving me enough room for a weekends worth of ice.

If I am going to put $400+ down on a cooler it better not need ice before the weekend ends, or mrs johnr will not approve of my spending habits again...

By the way the kids picked me up a Yeti tumbler, works freeeking awesome. The ice will last 2-3 drinks or more. Never seen anything like it.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im getting a pelican because it has latches that click shut and is cheaper. I have to wait for the purchase though until i make my final installment on my used forklift.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well beminoid aka dusty has one and it is awesome. It is very heavy though. The front latches are very nice and the cooler is about a hundred bucks less than the yeti. The cooler will hold ice in sub freezing weather indefinetely.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
4wKLz.jpg
it catches bigger fish than you

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pelican 65qt. It's awesome. Same thing as a yeti but about $100 cheaper. It's got actual latches not a bungee strap, molded handles plus handles that flip up not rope. Put 40# of ice in the cooler and a week later in the boundary waters I had 22# of ice left. Ice melts right away to get insulation cold but once it does, ice lasts a long time

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard that if you leave the lids open on enough yeti's they will stop global warming. :;:smokin

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

But I want to be as "cool" as the Yeti guys, will this less expensive cooler shun me from the in crowd? :::

In all seriousness, looks like a nice cooler where would I find one, and is 65Q big enough for about 2 cases of beverages and ice?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Revelation 3:12

And wheneth the fishers are moved to spendeth great sums of their gold coinage on magic boxes that halt the warmeth of their wine, this shall be a sign of the end times.

Iceman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hold on to your money johnr and check out rtic coolers half price same concept

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Revelation 3:12

And wheneth the fishers are moved to spendeth great sums of their gold coinage on magic boxes that halt the warmeth of their wine, this shall be a sign of the end times.

Preach it! ;:;bowdown

I remember the great FBO Yeti Cooler Wars. To pre-chill or not to pre-chill. And how do you pre-chill something that friggin big? LOL

cornman53

Founding Member
Founding Member
The kids bought me a Yeti 45 for fathers day and took it to the lake over the 4th. We were able to bring it on the boat, it was a bit big but heavy. We put 20 lbs ice in and 3 days later it was gone, but everything was still cold. A couple tips would be use cold ice (0 degrees) and not the wet ice. And pre cool everything prior to putting it in the cooler.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want a pelican with a cushion on top to sit on.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right on, I damn near went out and bought a Yeti when I heard how they could turn a 10 lb bag of ice into a 15 lb'er.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard cadavers stay froze inside of yeti coolers without even pre-cooling them...

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to Bismarck Runnings and compare them side by side, wife and I did and wife really liked the Yeti better as did I. Bought a brand new tundra 75 off e-bay for more than a hundred bucks off retail on a buy it now free shipping deal. Would have liked a 65 but couldn't turn down the deal.
I have the 30 oz Yeti tumbler as well and it keeps my coffee hot for at least 6+ hours with no refills. Have used it the last few weekends out on the water and as stated can mix about 3 drinks on one ice fill.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76