Trespass Bill

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy,

This is just one example of why this bill keeps coming back. People that may not really be thrilled about this bill but are just tired of dealing with crap. Good ordinary people that simply are tired of dealing with stuff hoping this might change it some how. They may not even really know how this might help but they are just tired of what happens every year. These people over a couple years time have ran into their legislators and perhaps commented on something and maybe even asked about "that trespass bill from a few years back".

If people go into the hearings with the fools rhetoric of "greedy ranchers" "evil outfitters" "money worshiping legislators" that are bought off with a bottle of scotch ect.... ignoring the reality of why it appears every so often rather than simple direct fact based testimonies about why this will negatively impact the state, communities, future generations those legislators will tire of the typical rhetoric we see on these sites just as those reading it here do.

I suppose so. Sorta like Trump getting elected. Once the #### flows with abandon then even the moderates and former allies get tired of the BS and just want to burn this ##### down. : (

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just emailed the members of the legislature in my District. All of you who enjoy the fantastic outdoor opportunities we have here, best do the same. Be kind and courteous in your email or call. There is strength in numbers so I urge folks to contact your reps and get your voice heard. This bill, if passed, will have a huge effect on our ability to enjoy the great outdoors here. It takes literally 5 minutes to draft a good email and send it out. I am hoping to make the meeting and testify as well. Click on the link below, find your reps and send an email today!

http://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/65-2017/members/members-by-district
This^^^^^. People need to let their voice be heard.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The trespassing that is going on right now with snowmobiles gives all the more support to this bill. The sheriff's depts. and game wardens take many calls on this issue. Lots of rude people out there with sleds that think they own the country side. One of the biggest problems is running over small trees, disturbing wildlife and cutting fences.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
do not follow the plainsman/others play book and make this what he/they always do. It will confirm the reason why this bill with language to impact hunting is being brought forth yet once again.

So your confirming these guys have a get even mentality and will shaft all the hunters because of anger at a few? Ya, I believe that. That's why we have to coddle them when we go there.

Since they are the ones with all the power in ND. They are also as said the only ones with time to go and speak against said bill.

Good Kurt you understand the situation. :;:thumbsup? :;:thumbsup

Thanks for providing another example for guy and others in what kind of attitude and petty fools bullshit would help this bill actually pass plainsman.

Just like the Democrats not ackowledging why Hillary lost, you do not want to acknowledge why this bill emerges every few years

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The trespassing that is going on right now with snowmobiles gives all the more support to this bill. The sheriff's depts. and game wardens take many calls on this issue. Lots of rude people out there with sleds that think they own the country side. One of the biggest problems is running over small trees, disturbing wildlife and cutting fences.
I agree. Unfortunately this bill isn't going to stop them.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose this bill would have stopped these idiots too.:::

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2017/jan/17/three-arrested-near-dakota-access-pipeline-protest-site/

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose so. Sorta like Trump getting elected. Once the #### flows with abandon then even the moderates and former allies get tired of the BS and just want to burn this ##### down. : (

Less wanting to burn this bitch down than just simply tired of it. I could tell you stories that if happened to some of those opposing this bill that would likely make them support it. When you have people standing at the end of trees 100 yards from your house shooting up them at a deer standing not 80 feet from the house your parents are in.............Ya maybe I should call the sheriif/warden, but not really that kinda person.

If you have taken the time and effort to create habitat and a place that is nice for you and your family and friends to hunt, others simply can;t leave it alone..........often times it is those same fellas that claim the wildlife is their property........:D

Will this bill help....probably not ...........maybe so. Not enough for me to support it.

If it passes it will be because of a few attitudes like have been seen on here.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
hmm, I have only heard one snowmobile this winter. probably too damn cold here to ride em. or everybody goes to the mountains. saw one lone track in the ditch along highway two west of williston couple days ago. I'm sure it's not the same in other parts. In regards to the bill, if they pass this they better bring a bill to fund the G&F via the general fund then.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Less wanting to burn this bitch down than just simply tired of it. I could tell you stories that if happened to some of those opposing this bill that would likely make them support it. When you have people standing at the end of trees 100 yards from your house shooting up them at a deer standing not 80 feet from the house your parents are in.............Ya maybe I should call the sheriif/warden, but not really that kinda person.

If you have taken the time and effort to create habitat and a place that is nice for you and your family and friends to hunt, others simply can;t leave it alone..........often times it is those same fellas that claim the wildlife is their property........:D

Will this bill help....probably not ...........maybe so. Not enough for me to support it.

So let me get this straight, you want to pass more laws in hopes of eliminating activity that is already illegal and you have failed to prosecute?
Makes a ton of sense.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member

So let me get this straight, you want to pass more laws in hopes of eliminating activity that is already illegal and you have failed to prosecute?
Makes a ton of sense.

You catch on to part of his post.............................

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member

- - - Updated - - -

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2017/jan/17/three-arrested-near-dakota-access-pipeline-protest-site/

Your right on it wont stop them. I have always believed if a landowner wants to keep people off then they will post it and if not they don't mind you hunting there. There is always commonsense that goes along with that as far as livestock, unharvested crops, wet fields, wet trails and so forth. I don't mind asking permission and enjoy meeting new people and making new friends. Some hunters make it bad for the rest of us and that is why legislation such as this happens. The bill if passed into law will not stop people that choose to knowingly trespass.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have one Colorado Blue Spruce that I have replaced four times. They always think it's an opening in the belt because it's so much smaller than the other trees. Back when they had the three wheelers one guy run right down a row of June Berries. Then he run out of gas just past my yard. I gave him a good chewing. A few years later this crew was laying concrete in my yard. They asked me how I liked living in the country. I said ok except every once in a while you run into an idiot and I mentioned the guy running over the June Berries. One of the fellows got all red in the face and then I recognized him ------ yup. Yes snowmobilers are by far the biggest problem.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes a ton of sense.

kinda sounds like Barry and his vendetta on guns a few years ago

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You catch on to part of his post.............................

no doubt and just to ad context

Capture gst.PNG

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
The comment is a great one imo. I just dont believe it should necessarily be directed toward gst based on what hes said thus far.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

and two lines below says he does not support it read the red

I see what you are saying - I thought he was addressing only what was bold - and used "you" as a general term - not gst personally

- - - Updated - - -

my bad :;:sorry

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
he raises a good point gst - thoughts?

I didn;t contact my legislator to sponsor this bill. I have contacted no legislator to sponsor this bill nor have I contacted any in favor nor in opposition to it. I have not advocated for this bill passage on this site. So how is what he posted a "good point" if it is not accurate?

I have said now a couple times I don't know if this would accomplish the intent or not...............what I have done on here is to try and get people to understand and accept why it keeps coming up every few years despite being voted down.

MOst people on here truly want to foster and keep relationships between land owners, farmers/ranchers and sportsmen on the right track.

Others want to as long as everyone follows their ideals and agendas.

And a small minority don;t care.

My comments here just as are fritzs are for those that do actually care and are going to email/call/testify against this bill to not dismiss or belittle the reasons some may support this bill.

plain and simple.

And for the record I am not in favor of just passing new laws.....I advocate each year with my legislators that if a new law is created there should be an old law taken off.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes a ton of sense.

Well it is not up to me to "prosecute" anyone.

I guess perhaps I am an asshole contributing to the problem for not calling the sheriff immediately.

Even if what was "emboldened in post 229" happened under this new law, I would likely not call the sheriff or warden. I'm just not that type of person.

I simply make it clear it was not appreciated and make it known if it happens again they can then give me their guns or there will be a call to the warden.

I've done stupid shit in my past.(still do on occasion) got my ass chewed and learned a lesson without law enforcement becoming involved and I appreciated the persons willingness to handle it in that manner, so I guess I hope it makes people stop and think.

I must make an impression as there have not been repeat offenders. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I believe there are also higher penalties attached to this bill for those types trespass. Maybe not high enough. Perhaps if they knew a judge would carry that out............??

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 40
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16