SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It'll be a sad day when it passes. Another nail in the coffin for our states hunting tradition as even more will just quit and another nail in those small town businesses that barely make it now and the hunting seasons offers them that little bump to make it through the year.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Land owners don’t give a shit about hunting anymore. They are driven by one thing and that’s profit.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Land owners don’t give a shit about hunting anymore. They are driven by one thing and that’s profit.

Would you go to work for the year knowing you would break even? All of our lives are driven by profit.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
So it makes sense for them to take their frustration out on hunters? Hunters have zero responsibility for farmers profit margins. In most cases hunters support farm policy and farmers in general. Hunters and farmers have a long long history of a dualy beneficial relationship. Seems more and more these days hunters are getting told to go pound sand.

- - - Updated - - -

It all goes back to pay hunting in my opinion. Each side telling the other they can kiss each others rear end.

- - - Updated - - -

So maybe they do have some responsibility for their profit margins? ha ha. :::

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would you go to work for the year knowing you would break even? All of our lives are driven by profit.

What is your definition of breaking even? does your so called breaking even would include paying all equipment and land payments for the year?

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
You should reply to her and ask her if people who own lots in town have the same liability protections if someone gets hurt like those in the rural areas have.

Don't they ? What is the difference in liability protection out in the country VS in town ?

Bump

I am just asking an honest question for an honest answer. You keep bringing it up but you won't ever explain it .

Instincts make me want to raise the BS flag but I don't know the answer. If anything I'd say you have more city ordinances in town that protect you against liability damages but I am not positive on that so please school me.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
im not the one trying to destroy a legacy in ND. I highly doubt any farmer in ND is breaking even. If they are they certainly shouldn’t be farming. Would be time to look at another career.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no pat answer Davey that will cover all cities. Each city makes their own rules. Just like some cities allow chickens and others don't.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
You should reply to her and ask her if people who own lots in town have the same liability protections if someone gets hurt like those in the rural areas have.

Don't they ? What is the difference in liability protection out in the country VS in town ?

Bump

I am just asking an honest question for an honest answer. You keep bringing it up but you won't ever explain it .

Instincts make me want to raise the BS flag but I don't know the answer. If anything I'd say you have more city ordinances in town that protect you against liability damages but I am not positive on that so please school me.

If you go back and look at the other thread the portion of the century code was posted. If I am not mistaken you read it and commented on it in that thread. It has nothing to do with damages but does limit the liability if someone gets hurt while on your land for the purposes of recreation.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
im not the one trying to destroy a legacy in ND. I highly doubt any farmer in ND is breaking even. If they are they certainly shouldn’t be farming. Would be time to look at another career.
Keep up the good work by bashing the landowner, your really helping the cause.

Last edited:

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member

Problem is, I don't think the vast majority of landowners are pushing for this bill. Anyone with half a brain knows this won't ease trespassing issues much, if any.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep up the good work by bashing the landowner, your really helping the cause.
the ship has sailed. The fact this bill is even still alive tells me all I need to know. And I think most landowners are for this bill. We need to push hard at the federal level to end subsidies to farmers

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m a farmer and I don’t want this law. But if eyexer was hunting in the area most all the land around here would have posters on it. I post the land around my home but I have my number on the posters and if people ask they get to hunt! It has nothing to do with profit!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
the ship has sailed. The fact this bill is even still alive tells me all I need to know. And I think most landowners are for this bill. We need to push hard at the federal level to end subsidies to farmers

I have a better chance of having a 3 way with jessica biel and katty perry than subs going away

- - - Updated - - -

tumblr_mwl4qdhUf41qjqxmoo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I told my uncle from MN about this proposed law and he said he isn’t going to bother applying for a tag anymore in ND. He said it’s cheaper to hunt in Missouri and you get two deer. He literally said screw them he is not going to put up with that idiocy. This is not going to be good for our economy and will be even worse once it all is automatically posted.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Farmers will be pissin and moaning when what’s left of Main Street is gone too

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

quote_icon.png
You should reply to her and
ask her if people who own lots in town have the same liability protections if someone gets hurt like those in the rural areas have.

If you go back and look at the other thread the portion of the century code was posted. If I am not mistaken you read it and commented on it in that thread. It has nothing to do with damages but does limit the liability if someone gets hurt while on your land for the purposes of recreation.

I remember that but unless I missed something in the heat of the moment I didn't read it as anything that specified rural property and/or omitted city property .

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

quote_icon.png
You should reply to her and
ask her if people who own lots in town have the same liability protections if someone gets hurt like those in the rural areas have.

I remember that but unless I missed something in the heat of the moment I didn't read it as anything that specified rural property and/or omitted city property .
I believe it reads ag zoned land

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93