Can you say recession

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i know one family that the daughter in barrel racing that had a $40,000.00 horse and that was 15 yrs ago
:oops:

If you have that kind of cash to spend on a horse I’m guessing college tuition is probably already taken care of…maybe not though.

You never know about people and their “priorities”.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No god damn donkey is worth 40k!

That’s some expensive damn glue!

...popcorn...

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I shouldn’t be surprised I guess.

I will say this though. Everyone knows I’m a gun nut.

HOWEVER….

IF I EVER spend 40k on a rifle I personally am going to kick my own arse so hard it ends up around my armpits!!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Idk. For the economy to be going down the crapper I’m seeing more money being spent on boats, side by sides, four wheelers, campers , expensive clothes and vacations then I ever have. All the campers and boats being sold are probably people upgrading. I see no slow down in spending what so ever.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never did that with my daughter and still wouldn't!! School is for an education, not to play sports.

Before all the "Soccer Moms" lambast me with the pros of having your kids in 99999 different extracurricular activities just save it! It's gotten WAY out of control and even the soccer mom's have to see this. Problem is they don't care, they live for the shit, more so than most of the kids playing.

It's pretty ridiculous to be that "busy" with bullshit. Anyway...to each their own I guess.

Average Credit Card Debt:​

• Average Per Person: $6,501
  • Average Per Household: $10,479
  • Total Credit Card Debt: $1.26 Trillion
Everyone...take a look at all the new grocery getters out there. They are everywhere...no longer are they vans, etc... they are $80-$100,000 dollar Yukon, Denali,Wagoneer,Suburbans etc. Not sure how a working family of...say 4, can afford these vehicles...plus child care...I just dont know how this is possible... add to that health care...i know i know..many have coverage thru their employer. I surely hope many aren't using credit cards for daily living.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
6-10k will get you a decent started dog. Want a fc on it figure 1000 a month for 9 months for an average of 5 years of training. Then add in entry fees and vet bills. 50 k real easy into a field champion. There are no shortage of dogs going to trainers.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Average Credit Card Debt:​

• Average Per Person: $6,501
  • Average Per Household: $10,479
  • Total Credit Card Debt: $1.26 Trillion
Everyone...take a look at all the new grocery getters out there. They are everywhere...no longer are they vans, etc... they are $80-$100,000 dollar Yukon, Denali,Wagoneer,Suburbans etc. Not sure how a working family of...say 4, can afford these vehicles...plus child care...I just dont know how this is possible... add to that health care...i know i know..many have coverage thru their employer. I surely hope many aren't using credit cards for daily living.
And most of that credit card debt is made by woman, worst mistake the federal government did was giving some woman legal rights to own a credit card.
Perhaps this isn't an average amount and I'm not mathy enough to investigate further but I will consider it plausible.

Attachments

xwzg9S3ns0H9.jpeg
Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was this horse trained by the owner? If it was said horse from my understanding was not purchased for that amount...substantially less and was then trained by the father...after winning a number of races was then claimed to be worth 40k......now is that the worth??? Depends if a person is willing to pay that.
Trained by others and then purchased

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy crap..that's alot for a horse..I know you can win money recovering some of that but dam alot of money up front hoping you win..
she was competing in high-school rodeo at the time. I believe she end up with a scholarship

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
she was competing in high-school rodeo at the time. I believe she end up with a scholarship
Good for her! Anytime you can get school paid for by doing something you truly enjoy is a plus!

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Idk. For the economy to be going down the crapper I’m seeing more money being spent on boats, side by sides, four wheelers, campers , expensive clothes and vacations then I ever have. All the campers and boats being sold are probably people upgrading. I see no slow down in spending what so ever.
I agree seems like people are buying still. Know a couple guys with brand new side x sides that are at or near 40k

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are people still buying boats?
The last few years I have been up at Van Hook for Independence Day.

I sit and stare in shock at the number of $80k+ boats driving by. It's an amazing thing that makes me feel less than amazing as I skipper my $30k pontoon, or $25k Lund around.

Note, neither are worth that at this point since they have a few years on them, that was the purchase price.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most people bought these boats and campers when financing was cheap. I know very few people that have bought toys in the last 2 years and the ones that have can definitely afford it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 314
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 64