Chilly

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not the eating kind but could use some for dinner. Its just 32 degree at 12 noon. Was like 20 this morning, frost was thick on the windshield. LB

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
October is always been my favorite month.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
feels good my @ss. Were starting again with north winds over and over and over. See my pic on my icon. It ruins everything including hunting. Blew almost every leaf off the trees

We have maybe at best 2 weeks of fall and then we go straight into winter. Fk wind

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I enjoy the chill, especially on the days that it warms up a bit in the afternoon.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
1666175345602.png

made chili last night getting ready for an upcoming meal at musky camp next week, guessing it will be chilly and the chili will warm us all and give the colon a workout.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If 42 is cold your living in the wrong part of the country hombre
i have had those sweatshirt boys in the boat with me ---- they last an hour and then they are done. 42 and good stiff north wind ---- i keep em dry but they still will wimp

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have had those sweatshirt boys in the boat with me ---- they last an hour and then they are done. 42 and good stiff north wind ---- i keep em dry but they still will wimp
Why didn’t they put a coat on that’s just being stupid. Or is stiff north wind code for some kinda weird stuff? No captn stabn going out there I hope.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why didn’t they put a coat on that’s just being stupid. Or is stiff north wind code for some kinda weird stuff? No captn stabn going out there I hope.

I have a question though -- u are the concrete expert --- my neighbor during this last cold speel. I think it got down to 20 -i dont think it got above 50 during the day- not sure but he poured concrete that evening covered it with a tarp. Is that like no problem. We got special cement up here or is the rule of thumb gone.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a question though -- u are the concrete expert --- my neighbor during this last cold speel. I think it got down to 20 -i dont think it got above 50 during the day- not sure but he poured concrete that evening covered it with a tarp. Is that like no problem. We got special cement up here or is the rule of thumb gone.
If he covered it the concrete will generate enough heat to keep it from freezing. It never stops now with hot water heated material and chemicals to make it set faster. Blankets and ground thawers make temps really a moot point. So to answer it’s no problem

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11