Frost on trail cams

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have any tried and true methods for keeping frost off your trail cams? I have been getting alot of blurry pics lately.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are anti-fog lens wipes out there that may help. They are intended to keep moisture from condensing on a surface, so they should work. Note, I have never tried them for this purpose, just on my scopes.

Any good camera shop or hunting optics place should have some available.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if I am trespassing and messing around on your land, now is the time to do it...:;:

a brim of some sort sticking out above the lens would work fairly well too. Keeps the frost off.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only thing I've ever had work half ass for "anti fog" on my eyeglasses was dish detergent. A small drop on each lens then polish to a sheen with a stout tissue. Those anti fog wipes etc need jammed up someone's digestive system as with the -30 windshield washer fluid.

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did some research I saw silica packs inside the camera holder? I dunno I can be the only one with this problem?

svnmag, I feel your pain hunting and glasses suck the big one if you hunt in the winter/rain/snow....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31