Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 19.5%

• Total voters

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plus hiring 3 pilots, still need to do maintenance on new planes, need a hire a ride to and from the airport, jet fuel is $6-$8 a gallon, guessing they use quite a bit more fuel than a car.

Yep, I'm sure traveling by car is WAY more expensive. :rolleyes: ...boozer...

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plus hiring 3 pilots, still need to do maintenance on new planes, need a hire a ride to and from the airport, jet fuel is $6-$8 a gallon, guessing they use quite a bit more fuel than a car.

Yep, I'm sure traveling by car is WAY more expensive. :rolleyes: ...boozer...
How can they be back in town and at the bar by 3 if they have to drive all day.

Muley14

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they would only do the residential housing, you can just about guess how much the land taxes will be increased. Put it on sales tax and maybe vehicle licensing, ND is way cheap on vehicle licensing. Running stop sign fines should be increased, maybe that would teach people to stop. The stop sign isn't a suggestion.
If property tax was moved to sales tax, the sales tax rate would need to go up about 6%.

Muley14

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or government spending could be reduced by X% . Why is it everyone talks about increased taxation but rarely talks reduced spending?
Removing property tax does nothing to reduce the spend either. It takes people getting on local boards and making local decisions to reduce spending.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they’re having trouble getting the signatures to get it on the ballot I would guess it probably won’t pass even if they do….prepare for more raises in taxes and or values

gillraker

I can’t actually believe our legislators are arrogant enough to think a $500 rebate is actually doing something. With valuations continuing to rise its a wash and a mute point. It’s a slap in the face and almost an insult is the impression I’ve received from most people I’ve talked to about it.
Better read the fine print, may receive "up to" $500 tax credit.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Removing property tax does nothing to reduce the spend either. It takes people getting on local boards and making local decisions to reduce spending.
From my understanding of how this would all work..you are wrong. Basically everything would be revamped..the way the city gets money the way the schools get money..legislature gets involved and so on. So could the spending be the same or even increase..sure..but doubtfull.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
So in a reasonable world, where our taxes paid for needs of the state (and not always the wants), what is the fairest system of taxation? I know fair isn’t fair in life or taxes. But I don’t know that regressive taxation does much to help get struggling families over the hump to better lives. Sales tax, grocery tax, gas tax all hurt the 80k earner much more than the 200k earner. It’s simple math I know, but I if I had to come up with a good tax system I don’t know where I’d start.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they would only do the residential housing, you can just about guess how much the land taxes will be increased. Put it on sales tax and maybe vehicle licensing, ND is way cheap on vehicle licensing. Running stop sign fines should be increased, maybe that would teach people to stop. The stop sign isn't a suggestion.
Property taxes in WY are half of what ND is and the sales taxes are typically 5%, with no state income tax. How does WY get by? Spends less $$$$!!!! Coal, oil and gas also pay most of the taxes.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Property taxes in WY are half of what ND is and the sales taxes are typically 5%, with no state income tax. How does WY get by? Spends less $$$$!!!! Coal, oil and gas also pay most of the taxes.
ND is corrupt..the people in charge waste your money on pet projects...look at the project they want to build by the river in bismarck...complete waste of money...guess who will pay for it...

Last edited:

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the rest of us didn’t have to keep paying child support on the states bastard child that is the city of Fargo, I’d imagine we could easily get to enjoy more tax breaks-No property, income or sales tax.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5