Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 19.5%

• Total voters

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The government should fear the people, not the people fearing the government.

The thought of being afraid of what they will do if real estate taxes go away speaks volumes.
100% agree...do people forget the govt works for us. Not the other way around.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that property of federal income taxes who subsidize that?
I have to pay Federal Property tax on my wife's tribal allotments since I'm not enrolled but living on it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
What needs to change is the automatically getting more money when they increase property values. The law should require an automatic reduction in mills based on the new valuations so total property tax revenue stays the same. Then there should be a required meeting to where the new budget is set and mills adjusted according to needs that year. This way people we voted for have to actually vote to get more money. I still like property taxes over sales and income in that property taxes give govt a set amount of money each year vs variable amounts.
with property tax you will never outright own your property. If you fall on hard times due to injury, illness, age or a multitude of factors and you no longer can pay your taxes your property can be seized by the state.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
The government should fear the people, not the people fearing the government.

The thought of being afraid of what they will do if real estate taxes go away speaks volumes.
Well what is the plan then if you eliminate property taxes? Rick Becker's plan is to cut spending by 1.16 billion and not raise other taxes or impose any new taxes.

Is that the plan?

I'm not against the idea of getting rid of property taxes, I'm just curious as to what the solution is when you put the match to property taxes. Rick Becker's plan will not work in my opinion, no way to cut 1.16 billion in spending in this day and age as to many folks depend on the government handout and free stuff. If the plan is to tell people to suck it up cause the cuts are happening and deal with it, then I'm on board with elimination.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well what is the plan then if you eliminate property taxes? Rick Becker's plan is to cut spending by 1.16 billion and not raise other taxes or impose any new taxes.

Is that the plan?

I'm not against the idea of getting rid of property taxes, I'm just curious as to what the solution is when you put the match to property taxes. Rick Becker's plan will not work in my opinion, no way to cut 1.16 billion in spending in this day and age as to many folks depend on the government handout and free stuff. If the plan is to tell people to suck it up cause the cuts are happening and deal with it, then I'm on board with elimination.
I'm all for this plan! Let's make it happen!!

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope just think the I pay taxes so I should get to go on your land argument is really stupid.
My argument wasn't if I pay taxes but more of if you're receiving tax monies. and for the record, I'm a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them..

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds to me like some are making the same mistake as the last time this was brought up and failed.
Anytime you can eliminate a tax, you best go for it.
Being able to own your house and/or land free and clear of property taxes would be a God's send.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11