Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 95 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 25.2%

• Total voters

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree. No dog in this fight. Sounds similar in some ways to the food tax vote coming up in SD.

My .02 is that you’re eliminating a tax, but putting the government in a place to make up new ones to cover their costs. I hope it works out, but I don’t know if what you’ll get will be better or worse. Good luck!
It scares the dickens out of me just thinking that people are putting this must trust in legislators . it's a No vote from me, I don't trust em that much.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh man, here we go….i’m a no vote for the property tax measure. It’s too vaguely written and benefits corporate businesses and the like. I can’t argue with the over taxation of our residential properties, but to rid our state of property taxes in the way this bill was written is foolish. There are too many outside interest groups pushing for it. That should raise a red flag. My hope is that it’s voted down by the people and the ND elect sees that changes must be made and do so accordingly in this year’s legislative session. If they fail to do so, then let’s vote on a measure that addresses what’s best for every resident and community we call home. This measure is sexy to most, but it’s brush stroke is too wide. A yes vote with how this measure is written will create more harm than good. I completely agree with less taxes, less spending, and less government, but we have to use sensible logic to accomplish this.

I am not for and never will be for replacing one tax with another. There has to be answer for how will we pay for the things that are needed upfront instead of afterwards.

I hope this measure up for a vote sends that message……..

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
A yes vote excludes Walmart, Menards, Holiday Inn, you name it from paying property taxes. Out of state land investors will target residential, commercial, and agricultural lands to name a few. Again, this measure is dangerous.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 327
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53