Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 107 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 25.7%

• Total voters

Tinesdown

Established Member
Have read alot felles the property tax is is way to much imo they tax u on the size of a dwelling its not right. Have a home in williston nd and its 35 bills tax fuck me bad brother. Lets stop caring about paying gnf robbers 38 bones for a duck stamp when does this shit stop.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand how they can't write a property tax measure that is only for your primary residence as a ND resident. According to people I have talked to they feel it won't get support, however it seems to solve a lot of the issues the no voters have.
I proposed a primary residence cut of all property tax, however If it is a second home or vacation home it will be taxed at the current mil system. If your primary dwelling is also used as a daycare or some other business that is run from that residence, that you profit off it will get taxed. If your land is being rented/leased or used for agriculture it will get taxed. However if you have land and use it as a hobby farm where you have a couple livestock for your personal use, and you are not realizing any notable income from them, any crops, rent, or hunting lease. That property, if it also houses a primary dwelling will be property tax free.
If you are a farmer or rancher your house/farm/ranch headquarters will be property tax free but your land that is being used to make income will be taxed at the current rate.
Basically if you make money off of the property in question or it is a vacation/second/rental property it gets taxed.
I was told that this wouldn't get the backing of small business, farmers, ranchers, as well as the big business money that would run it into the dirt for the fear of having to pick up the tab for the loss of revenue from personal primary dwellings. Personally i think it would be great, it would still tax large ag, big business, as well as out of state interest in our state. Also it would give you the chance to outright own your actual primary residence, also it would have to have a section to disallow foreclosure from specials and merely put a lien on said property if delinquent.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats exactly what I’m saying. We waste a lot of money and peoples time teaching our kids useless bullshit. Gender fluid studies and calculus 7. It’s all bullshit. It wastes their time by not preparing them for the real world and it wastes our time in increased costs and taxes. We’re paying more and getting less like everything else in this goddamn world. Let’s get back to teaching kids what they really need to know to thrive in society and those who are more gifted and talented can continue with advanced classes. This “no child left behind” bullshit is leaving all our kids behind when it comes to being ready for adult society.

That "No child left behind" is Bullshit! To me its like no child gets ahead.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was in high school there was consumer's math. Common sense shit like how much money your job paid /month, what each utility cost (set amount) / month, grocery (set amount) /month, and what you would have to have at (ex.) 4% interest for a loan to purchase a vehicle. Figure it out or you were going in the hole. I'd guess half the kids in school couldn't even figure that out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 466
  • This month: 204
  • This month: 165
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74