Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 104 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 25.2%

• Total voters

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about a sobriety check point, can you go past one of those with out stopping?

Game check you cannot drive past, or the sheriff or HP will run you down.
Yep, in 2005 when I had my elk tag, all I knew was NDGF had a mandatory check station north of Teddy Roosevelt's south unit. All they had was a pickup, horse trailer, and a camper at the check station with no sign, well...there was a sign about half a mile before it, but it looked like just someone out for a weekend of horseback riding.

So, I drove past the actual checkpoint and just after I turned back around, I ran into the warden coming after me. Yes, they will absolutely chase you down if you look like you are a hunter running the checkpoint.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Horse trailer? Are you sure they weren’t out stocking mountain lions?

Hah, I just knew someone was going to bring it up. As I recall, the cat trailer was supposedly blacked out with guards making sure nobody could look in it. The openings on this one were not covered and the JA warden staffing the site would be the last one I'd want on any super-secret cat transport mission. Every time I've run across him in the field (3 times?), only thing he ever seemed interested in doing was giving you the 3rd degree and treating you like a criminal.

I suppose they could have pulled a fast one on me and had the cats in the camper though. I never did look in there. :unsure:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Early voted today, and it was a yes on 4 and 5, pretty sure I went no on the rest. Court house was quite busy with early voters. You could take the ballot home with you to fill out, but it appeared no one was doing that, the tables were full.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I don't support law enforcement fishing expeditions. Roadside checkpoints are borderline unconstitutional. You want to see more money collected raise the fines. Your hate isn't more important than my 4th amendment rights
Kaamaalllaa used to be against roadside checkpoints, she flipped tho and now supports roadside checkpoints..........

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You have to stop but don't have to answer any questions as that is your 5th amendment right. You also have a 4th amendment right not to be searched or ID unless you're suspected of a crime. They have to have RAS to ID or detain you. RAS = Reasonable Articulate Suspicion that you have committed, are committing, or about to commit a crime.
Oh boy..so really you pull into one. They ask for license and registration you don't have to give it to them couldn't they say that's suspicious?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't DUI checkpoints have to be set up as to allow you to turn and avoid them ? And I believe they are not allowed to chase you don't if you do turn off.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe so. But I think they'll always claim some sort of infraction per their training.
There's a ton of YouTube videos where people just refuse any questions and keep asking if they are detained. If they detain you with no crime, they're setting themselves up for a lawsuit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 412
  • This month: 188
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 66