You guys ever eat road kill?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am reading this thread over the last day and thought about it and I have never eaten roadkill that I know of until tonight.

I arrived home from work tonight and as I enter the garage I notice my wife with our 2 boys(2&4) hovering over the sink/ cleaning station. Upon further inspection my wife is cleaning a rooster, and this kids are all kinds of excited. My 4 year old sees me and explains that mommy hit this pheasant with her car and now we are going to eat it. OK I suppose, grabbed him and we walked the trees looking for a couple more for the table with no luck. When we get back in the house there was supper on the stove, fresh pheasant. The boy and I sat down to eat and he absolutely devoured it, and this comes from a kid that we fight with every night to eat his food. It was pretty good, just afraid from now on all he is gonna want to eat is stuff hit by mommy's car.

That is awesome my 4 year old is a picky eater also. One day he will eat a bunch of something the next te we make it only a couple bites.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is awesome my 4 year old is a picky eater also. One day he will eat a bunch of something the next te we make it only a couple bites.

At our house, the answer to the question, "What do you girls want for supper?", is always "Mac n cheese n hot dogs". To it's credit, it's quick and easy to make... otherwise, the menstruating skunk seems better and better...

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I crockpotted 7 pheasant breasts yesterday and then shredded the meat. Half was used to make enchiladas, and the rest is for whatever.

My 2-year-old isn't keen on spicy food (can't blame him) but he had seconds and thirds of the shredded pheasant. Made me one proud papa.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19