• I am ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • I am not ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 19 11.1%

• Total voters

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not any more than Im afraid of the long term effects of a myriad of things that arent good for you. Doesnt mean they should be illegal...
I agree MJ should be legal but giving a drug that we know little about the long term usage to millions, no I still think mj has great potential in so many areas it just sucks that the federal government cant get with the program.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
YBbzHfIzKH4G.png

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn't anyone afraid of the long term effects of cannabis use if mj is made legal for recreational use? Once big pharma does get invested with the support of big tobacco, all those clinical trials won't mean anything. Just look at what the information has come out in antidepressants and alzhiemers/dementia treatments, those who have studied these two areas with the help of billions of dollars from taxpayers are no closer to understanding these two diseases then when they started. We are our own worse enemy when it comes to messing with mother nature everything we touch, as human beings, in the long run becomes darker.
I'm more afraid of short term effects of opioids than long term cannabis adult use. And "Those who have studied with the help of billions " that you speak of were more than likely only really looking for a next big pill that will a better seller than their competitions. There is only job security and money to be made in research and pharmaceuticals. Finding cures would put the industry out of work.

You are right what you say about messing with mother nature. She provided us a cannabis flower that worked as medicine for better than 4000 years until the government stepped in and TOOK IT AWAY (Spoken loud so that it may SINK IN.) Then the bait and switch where they approved what they called artificial cannabis in the form of pills. AKA, Marinol (dronabinol), Syndros (dronabinol), and Cesamet (nabilone) all between 50-80 per dose and hopefully they are expiring in a warehouse someplace.

WE THE PEOPLE voted to be able to grow and use the cannabis flower again for medicine and we won... but, in spite , our dictators drug their feet for a couple of years and then gutted and butchered the initiated measure into something that we didn't vote for. They worked hard to make it as expensive and as difficult to obtain as they possibly could. Insurance won't pay for it so you either have to be wealthy or on welfare to be able to afford it. They cut most of the middle class out , the majority of the people who would have benefited from it.

They had a chance to do this right but they took it upon themselves to take the low road and run it into the rhubarb knowing they could get away with it. Please be aware of what all went on with that bill after we voted it in. All North Dakotans DO NOT have affordable access to medical cannabis like we had planned.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
As to long term affects. A couple of years ago I heard Tommy Chong on a podcast. 81 years old, still with it, and sounded way better than our current or previous president. We have a lot of rockers that are in their 70s and still doing shows.

I would like to try some edibles next time
I get to MN or MT. I know people who are able to sleep much better with an edible. Long term stress and lack of sleep are killers.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
As to long term affects. A couple of years ago I heard Tommy Chong on a podcast. 81 years old, still with it, and sounded way better than our current or previous president. We have a lot of rockers that are in their 70s and still doing shows.

I get to MN or MT. I know people who are able to sleep much better with an edible. Long term stress and lack of sleep are killers.
b careful with the edibles, they can be sneaky!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Medical Marijuana. Sure, it should be legal, if there's a scrip for it. No big deal. I'm against the recreational legalization.

And I stand by what I've said in the past. We have voted on this over and over. Why bother voting if when the public says one thing, and it keeps coming back for another vote?

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Medical Marijuana. Sure, it should be legal, if there's a scrip for it. No big deal. I'm against the recreational legalization.

And I stand by what I've said in the past. We have voted on this over and over. Why bother voting if when the public says one thing, and it keeps coming back for another vote?
Not necessarily talking about this issue but should it work that way with every issue and person? If a person loses an election should we bar them from running for office ever again?

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have neuropathy bad in bottom of both feet, have been to more doctors and traveled all over US willing to try anything and all meds and procedures. Tried best CBD and it did nothing for any of my problems, but do know people it has helped. Found one doctor in Bismarck who says he will prescribe THC pills or maryjane if I like, told him when I get to that point of no return I will do it.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

Its not going away, and keeps getting closer to passing. This last measure was well written and should have passed imo. If it were during a presidential election likely it would have. My guess is it will again be on the next ballot in 2 years, if legislature doesnt address the issue sooner...

Bobkat

Established Member

Yep, for me at least, edibles are the way to go - after played around with various methods of administration and availability for 4-5 years. I have never smoked a joint nor plan to, nor used mj in any for recreationally not medically. I have had multiple back surgeries and fusions from sacrum to thorax, but still leaves me with lots of aches and pains and insomnia because of the constant pain. Too much hauling dead moose, sheep and caribou on my back when younger and stupider! LOL Yep, for back problems, I’ve tried pretty well everything suggested here and many other websites, but in all honesty about the ONLY THING that really works is a medical cannibis gummy or other edible,with about 10 mg. of INDICA THC ( NOT SATIVA!). You’ll sleep like a baby and wake up with no hangover or brain fog. The dosage is not critical, and the dosage can be adjusted individually by biting off a hunk of gummy, approximating the dose that works for you. Everybody is often different as far as required dosage,so with gummies you can self whittle away with your incisors and approximate your own required dosage,,.I’ve recently developed a kidney cancer and after having a three week work up I had the kidney removed with their newest ,and greatest robotic surgical gadget! Gummies lowered my opioid use pretty dramaticallly. THC gummies worked better for me than their oxycrap!
Recently had a relative see her doc about insomnia and guess what she got? A prescription for a hundred ambien pills. MUCH MORE ADDICTION POTENTIAL with most medical prescribed stuff than properly given cannibis. The Mayo Clinic is very clear when saying that it is impossible to addict anyone to medical marijuana when properly given and supervised. Period! I’d loved to give her some INDICA cannibis gummies and flushed the ambien down a two holer!
Yet getting approval from a doctor or nurse practitioner in ND to jump through the Govt regulations to get a card can be next to impossible in good old conservative ND! Chiropractors and other paramedical providers should be eligible to fill out those cards too! They treat more musculoskeletal stuff than phzysicians and usually do a better job of it too! Fortunately many other states have it available OTC which benefits travelers or vacationers who run out unexpectedly and some have reciprocity with cards issued from other states, but very few. Like CWP, we need reciprocity between states!
From observing the usual clientele in cannibis shops in several states plus Canada it’s pretty obvious that clientele are two types. 1) the hurting patient that is trying it looking for a true medical relief. 2) a huge bunch of people who get “cards” simply to avoid buying the stuff illegally but only,want it for,recreational use, nothing medical. I have absolutely no Hangul about anyone using it recrea5ionally like booze, as long as it doesn’t get them in trouble with DUI or domestic battles, etc. actually far less with cannibis vz alcohol.
There’s a lot of excellent well done research now on Cannibis, good result and some not so good stuff coming out about it. At this point as a physician I’m not even convinced it is addicting, and if so, it sure isn’t very addicting. Minimal risk compared to its alternatives like opiods, benzodiazepines, etc. we definitely need loads more GOOD research about possible uses. It’s not a wonder drug but lots of its variations and usefulness are only now being sorted out.
Way past time to make it legal recreationally and even more importantly legal to do proper research on it, etc. the WCTU in 1935 sure poisoned the mj water and put USA and most of,the worlds about 90 years behind where we should be, in research.
I’m not trying to ba a salesman forTHC and only mean to reassure fellow hunters/fishermen about how benign the stuff is. There’s all kinds of totally WRONG stuff you’ll read and hear about medical cannibis, so take most of it with a grain of salt, but do not be afraid of looking into it and trying it! You can’t hurt yourself with trying it, nor can you kill yourself with an overdose. You won’t die, just sleep for a week or two.
Some days I wish I wasn’t retired and could try a few gummies or equivalent for conditions,that seem very amenable to small doses of THC., we winter in Az and am lucky to know a couple of docs who have semi retired and do nothing but cannibis therapy. Loads of great information from these fellows. They caution to be very careful - for example, even giving one paitientone low dose cannibis gummy is a felony and you could end up in the slammer for a long time with grey haired or no haired conservatives cheering all the way! I’d rather go hunting and fishing so scratch that!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You can’t hurt yourself with trying it, nor can you kill yourself with an overdose. You won’t die, just sleep for a week or two.
Dang, sounds scary. A plant that makes a person happy and relaxed. Good thing we’re still dumping a pile of legal resources into that. Just as important as fighting the stuff in schools that kids can literally die by just touching…..

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76