Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I am ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • I am not ok with the way the state has handled MM

Votes: 19 11.1%

• Total voters

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I didn't read the inforum article, but how much time and money would be saved in the courts and jails dealing with minor offenders? How much better could we utilize our limited police resources? How many resources are wasted on running some college kid through the system that accidently left half a joint in his car? The cop that spends hours on the traffic stop and then paper work to the prosecutor, judge, free meals, etc. I'd venture to guess the money saved on that side of things would tower over the couple million they claim they would lose here.

I had a college classmate acquaintance that was the DD for some people. Doing the right thing, sober as a judge and picking up people at bar close. Pulled over b/c of time of night and got busted for accidently leaving a half joint in his car. 8 police cars participated in the hour long fiasco. All while the streets were littered with drunk drivers.

Bobkat

Established Member
I bought the best I could find after reading reviews. It was also the most expensive at $97 an ounce. Every morning and evening I put six drops under my tongue, for a month. Then I also started rubbing it into my right knee. Nothing. I sure had my hope up too. Very disappointed.
That’CBD not THC, though. I’ve personally had zero luck or relief. From any form of CBC I’ve tried. I recognize that a lot of people do have relief. Try it and see! Purely trial and er4or but. It definitely won’t hurt you, CBD or THC.
THC definitely will ba found to have lots of medical uses. Once more and better research is done, I think a lot of doctors will prescribe or recommend it. Too many now refuse to recommend it as a trial and error thing, just because almost all evidence of efficacy is anecdotal or shetchy done so called research. Don’t believe something just because it says “peer reviewed.” I don’t necessarily agree with this, as anecdotally I’ve seen several, quite a few hurting people helped immensely with properly given mm, in a couple cases completely controlled when ALL other. Treatment from grey beard centers totally failed. NOT a panacea or cure all and a lot of bogus claims do turn a lot of otherwise well meaning physicians off and we potential users are hurt by this nonsense. No it won’t grow hair on your big toe or cure a lot of stuff but it definitely will ultimately be found to have valuable therapeutic uses. I wish politicians would agree.
Recreational is different - I don’t care if someone smokes it or drinks booze at all- medical use is a totally different story.
I’m sure for legalizing it for at least a few hundred reasons. Safer than booze…..

Last edited by a moderator:

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A high society is an easy society to control
This is exactly why federal legalization is never even part of the conversation and exactly why all the politicians are in bed with big pharma.

Approx. 66% of the population is on prescription drugs. Need to keep everyone high on pharmaceuticals so they can be controlled. MJ gives all them medicated folks an alternative that would allow them think again. Can't be having that!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, Big pharma will lose billions when cannabis is legalized so they are spending millions each year lobbying against it and passing money under the table. For anyone that cares about the truth , a lot of people are getting off their opioid addictions with cannabis but big pharma maintains that it's not safe to use as medicine because it isn't FDA approved. If you want to talk about a society that is easy to control lets enter a discussion about federal prohibition , of a medicine, that's been medicine for thousands of years.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems options 1 and 5 in the poll should not be mutually exclusive. i should be able to select both

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems options 1 and 5 in the poll should not be mutually exclusive. i should be able to select both

I think it was when It was set up on the original site , I see where I voted yes on both . I have a circle with a check mark by both and they are in bold print.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quite a few of the same people that are just fine with DEA listing cannabis a schedule 1 drug defined as having no medical value, would be blowing head gaskets if DEA tried to lower the boom and do the same to alcohol.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is exactly why federal legalization is never even part of the conversation and exactly why all the politicians are in bed with big pharma.

Approx. 66% of the population is on prescription drugs. Need to keep everyone high on pharmaceuticals so they can be controlled. MJ gives all them medicated folks an alternative that would allow them think again. Can't be having that!
Gotta Keep people on the booze and pills. I have been listening to bunch of stuff on the use of psychedelics to treat ptsd on soldiers coming back. Crazy they would rather have guys commit suicide and be addicts than get them help. Big pharma is out of control.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't read the inforum article, but how much time and money would be saved in the courts and jails dealing with minor offenders? How much better could we utilize our limited police resources? How many resources are wasted on running some college kid through the system that accidently left half a joint in his car? The cop that spends hours on the traffic stop and then paper work to the prosecutor, judge, free meals, etc. I'd venture to guess the money saved on that side of things would tower over the couple million they claim they would lose here.

I had a college classmate acquaintance that was the DD for some people. Doing the right thing, sober as a judge and picking up people at bar close. Pulled over b/c of time of night and got busted for accidently leaving a half joint in his car. 8 police cars participated in the hour long fiasco. All while the streets were littered with drunk drivers.
How does one leave 1/2 a joint in ones car unless they were smoking said joint in the car ?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does one leave 1/2 a joint in ones car unless they were smoking said joint in the car ?
You must have no imagination... How would someone leave shell casings in their car if they werent shooting from their car? Once shell casings are under the seat, how long would they remain there? Potentially indefinitely...

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't know. As mentioned, he was an acquaintance. But others I knew were there with him and I know it was a laughably small amount. Maybe at some point he went frisbee golfing and smoked half and forgot it in his car just like we would do the same but drink 8 beers each. I don't know. Missing the forest for the trees.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
608AF43A-20D9-42CB-A294-10851A7B7A14.jpeg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn't anyone afraid of the long term effects of cannabis use if mj is made legal for recreational use? Once big pharma does get invested with the support of big tobacco, all those clinical trials won't mean anything. Just look at what the information has come out in antidepressants and alzhiemers/dementia treatments, those who have studied these two areas with the help of billions of dollars from taxpayers are no closer to understanding these two diseases then when they started. We are our own worse enemy when it comes to messing with mother nature everything we touch, as human beings, in the long run becomes darker.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
Humans improve the world around us all the time when there is voluntary trade. Its centralized governments and states that turn everything it touches darker, especially its wars.

Concerning big pharma style monopolies, There is a great economic historian, Thomas Dilorenzo, that discusses how the dept. of agriculture and its companies lobbied for prohibition to monopolize and limit competition in the associated industries.

Monopolies are only possible with a state which prohibit competition or restrict it via laws, permits, regulations, charters, licenses, taxes, etc.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85