Mercer county deputy killed

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What up with calling people names? You revert to name calling you lost any type of debate in my opinion. I get it's hard sometimes to put things into words but flat out calling a guy an insulting name makes you look no better than the guy you just called an insulting name. If you don't agree end the conversation with the person.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
It is weird one of our resident virology experts is calling out our law enforcement experts.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
Kramer says his son suffers from serious mental disorders, manifesting in severe hallucination and paranoia. He forgot to add, caused by extreme substance abuse, from drugs like meth and cocaine. Sad deal caused by a loser drug addict.

Jim Simmers

Established Member
Public view is everything...His day in court starts as soon as this incident happened and was reported publicly. Who sits on the jury????? The Cramer family is already putting reasonable doubt into the minds of ANYONE that may judge him. So to say it's assumption..yeah ok....these people know what they are doing.
Was 911 an inside job as well?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't believe the police necessarily over escalated, but admittedly don't have all the details. I'm guessing the family felt he was a danger to himself, since they provided details of his whereabouts to the police and stated he was going to see his dead brother. May have been trying to de-escalate the situation by bringing him under control before he harmed himself or others.
That doesn't sound good. With a statement like that officers I know wouldn't have deescilated because it wasn't a conviction they would want, but to save his life.

Average_NDA_Member

I ain’t no policeman and never ain’t never had no experience in medicine or law enforcement but if it were up to me things like this wouldn’t ever happen and that is a 100% fact

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was 911 an inside job as well?
Not sure what that has to do with deputy being killed but to answer no I don't believe it was. If you are alluding to some conspiracy theory because I said public perception is extremely important when it comes to a court case..well then you can believe that. I don't believe public perception or the perception of a judge is anywhere near a conspiracy. The family has lawyers and PR team I would guess helping them along. And whether that's a senators kid or anybody else for that matter they know who ends up judging them.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ain’t no policeman and never ain’t never had no experience in medicine or law enforcement but if it were up to me things like this wouldn’t ever happen and that is a 100% fact
As much as people on here vigorously debate I would bet everyone feels that way. I don't think you will find one person who likes the outcome, they simply imagine better handling of the situation. Lets face it we are all being armchair law enforcement if we are missing any information. The liberals perhaps don't mind sacrificing a deputy to give a republican senator a black mark.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As much as people on here vigorously debate I would bet everyone feels that way. I don't think you will find one person who likes the outcome, they simply imagine better handling of the situation. Lets face it we are all being armchair law enforcement if we are missing any information. The liberals perhaps don't mind sacrificing a deputy to give a republican senator a black mark.
See that right here is the problem..this shouldn't be republican or Democrat this guy should be judged under the law as if his dad was not a senator....my fear is that will not happen. If you or I had done this the book would be thrown at us and we would be drug through the mud regardless of who my dad or your dad is and regardless of our mentall health. The first statement Cramer made was his mentall health..I get this guy probably has mental health issues. To me after reading Cramers statement the writing is on the wall this guy is going for an insanity plea Wil probably serve a couple years in mentall health and then be out...I hope this is not the case and yes I am assuming...I get that..but it sure looks like that's the route it's going.

And to add no political party should be okay with sacrificing the life of a person for political gain!
Rest in peace Mr. Deputy and I hope justice is served in this horrible situation.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
See that right here is the problem..this shouldn't be republican or Democrat this guy should be judged under the law as if his dad was not a senator....my fear is that will not happen. If you or I had done this the book would be thrown at us and we would be drug through the mud regardless of who my dad or your dad is and regardless of our mentall health. The first statement Cramer made was his mentall health..I get this guy probably has mental health issues. To me after reading Cramers statement the writing is on the wall this guy is going for an insanity plea Wil probably serve a couple years in mentall health and then be out...I hope this is not the case and yes I am assuming...I get that..but it sure looks like that's the route it's going.

And to add no political party should be okay with sacrificing the life of a person for political gain!
Rest in peace Mr. Deputy and I hope justice is served in this horrible situation.

Working on the premise that what we've heard is correct, the guy's mom was giving him a ride to a mental health facility, he told his mom he was going to go see his deceased brother, and a documented history of mental illness, you might be right.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW, with all the mental jobs out there, it's not like we hear about people getting off scot free using a not-guilty by reason of mental health issues on a regular basis. I think most defense attorneys would say it's a very difficult task for them to prove.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
FWIW, with all the mental jobs out there, it's not like we hear about people getting off scot free using a not-guilty by reason of mental health issues on a regular basis. I think most defense attorneys would say it's a very difficult task for them to prove.
Agreed but with enough money and the best lawyers...it can be done.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member

This event is a sad, sad deal but for you and others to ASSUME things...like YOU stated..isnt healthy either.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Paul was a great man and cared about our little community here. For is death to be turned into a political rant is asinine. I haven’t read through all of these posts to see where it started, but shame on you for whom ever turned it in this. He left a void that will forever sting. RIP Deputy Martin. Your watch over us has come to an end, and thank you for looking over us.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31