Baiting Ban

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's hard for me to even wrap my head around the idea of feeding the deer being perfectly acceptable, but the second you want to hunt by that feeder is when it becomes a problem. It's blatant that it has nothing to do with CWD at that point.
no shit right, like Riverdale WMA , small acres of standing crop that the GF literally plants thats fine but 3 miles away the 2 buckets of corn is the fkn problem unreal. unfknreal. honestly just dont turn anyone in. no way in hell they can police it and would need people to call the RAP line just dont call anyone in.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
But an unharvested 10 acre corn bait.. I mean FOOD plot is perfectly fine and legal. Makes no fricken sense. No state has done anything to control cwd. They should be going full bore after the real deer killer and thats ehd!

https://deerassociation.com/cwd-drains-deer-dollars-it-doesnt-generate-them/

This article is from the National Deer Association. All the money already spent by State. In the first paragraph there is a mis-info saying Wisconsin spent $32 million in the first five years. Actually, the federal government ponied up $50 million during the George W. Bush administration. Most of that went to Wisconsin.

In 2012 the $50 million dried up. Since 2012 smaller amounts have been appropriated bringing the total around $100 million spent to date.

Why not ban food plots? They are a huge thing in other States. (QDMA) or Quality Deer Management Association are all about food plots. Their membership is quite large. They do not want food plots banned. In fact, the author of this article written for National Deer Association is Kip Adams of Knoxville, Pennsylvania, is a certified wildlife biologist and QDMA's Chief Conservation Officer.

That info is on the bottom of the article. Also, in the last paragraph is a mention of the CWD Research and Management Act worth $70 million per year for many years. Follow the money.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
that advisory meeting was a joke in my mind. I didn't catch the first half but what i did watch they answered questions like a typical legislator would. Danced around it and the end gave no answer not to "hurt anyones feelings." Definitely seemed like they didn't want to offend nonresidents. Shouldn't residents come first?

gillraker

that advisory meeting was a joke in my mind. I didn't catch the first half but what i did watch they answered questions like a typical legislator would. Danced around it and the end gave no answer not to "hurt anyones feelings." Definitely seemed like they didn't want to offend nonresidents. Shouldn't residents come first?
Not since our Governor lumped hunting/fishing and "tourism" into one big pile... Nope, residents dont come first anymore IMO.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
its funny as shit that "liberals" our GF included what everything to be "science" until science doesn't fit then its about acceptance what a shitty fkn world it has become

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
im so close to not even worrying about tags and shooting meat for my family to enjoy like whats the point anymore when they lie blatantly to your face, about everything. hell we let pedophiles out of jail on a daily basis what are they gonna do to a person who shoots a couple deer ilegally for meat...

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not since our Governor lumped hunting/fishing and "tourism" into one big pile... Nope, residents dont come first anymore IMO.
Is there any state that has as many big game species closed to nonresidents as ND? Is there another state that has less than a 10% allocation for deer rifle? (ND is 1% and usually less in most units after gratis come out) Any other state limit their bird hunters to 14 days? I can’t think of another state that puts resident preferences over NR more than ND as far as tag allocation and opportunity is concerned. I’m not complaining, and think residents should have preference; but to say ND hunting caters to and favors NR is laughable and extremely short sighted.

If it’s about milking NR for money, there is MASSIVE money left on the table compared to what other states do. Give 1% of moose, antelope and elk tags and 1 lion tag to NR with a $25 non refundable application fee is just one way. You’d get $100 from me. Bump up big horn and deer fees too. And your allocation would still be pathetic compared to basically any other state.

Why would NR feelings be hurt over baiting? I’m confused but have been too busy last couple days to listen to the meeting recording. I’m interested to hear what everyone complaining here had to say.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there any state that has as many big game species closed to nonresidents as ND? Is there another state that has less than a 10% allocation for deer rifle? (ND is 1% and usually less in most units after gratis come out) Any other state limit their bird hunters to 14 days? I can’t think of another state that puts resident preferences over NR more than ND as far as tag allocation and opportunity is concerned. I’m not complaining, and think residents should have preference; but to say ND hunting caters to and favors NR is laughable and extremely short sighted.

If it’s about milking NR for money, there is MASSIVE money left on the table compared to what other states do. Give 1% of moose, antelope and elk tags and 1 lion tag to NR with a $25 non refundable application fee is just one way. You’d get $100 from me. Bump up big horn and deer fees too. And your allocation would still be pathetic compared to basically any other state.

Why would NR feelings be hurt over baiting? I’m confused but have been too busy last couple days to listen to the meeting recording. I’m interested to hear what everyone complaining here had to say.
SD has a waterfowl draw for NRs and caps the number.....

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
people are complaining because the baiting ban will do nothing to solve CWD.
its a reach around move to look good. we dont need more laws on the books that dont work i guess is what the majority are saying

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
there not basis their opinion on science , they skew their stats by telling people the number of new "positives" but forgetting to tell them they are testing 100% more as well...... sound familiar......

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
there not basis their opinion on science , they skew their stats by telling people the number of new "positives" but forgetting to tell them they are testing 100% more as well...... sound familiar......
1669991744818.png

gillraker

Considering ND is 94 or is it 96% privately owned land? Its hard to make an argument comparing to several of the other Western states which offer thousands of acres of public ground. As far as the cap on bird hunter numbers, that only applies to Waterfowl I believe if I remember correctly, and in fact I believe the NR upland bird hunters should be limited as well. Just not enough resource out there anymore, the demand is far exceeding the supply from my perspective. This coming from a person born and raised here and lived my entire life in ND.

I have witnessed first hand the loss of opportunity due to hunting pressure from NR and land leasing and outfitters tying up vast acreage across the state. I believe if you work, live and pay taxes as a full time resident of the State, you sure as hell better come first when it comes to opportunities to hunt and fish in your backyard...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Along with waterfowl we(SD) have 10 day license for pheasants. East river you dont get to apply till third draw. But we do have special buck tags that are private land only that both nr and r can apply for and get with 1 point. We auction off a big horn and some elk tags which the bighorn tag funds that whole deal so im all for it. But your right both ND and SD dont cater to nr as compared to many other states. Residents have it pretty good in both states compared to other states.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76