DAPL

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
most of us have no idea what are 401K's are invested in. to us they are just in certain fund programs based on risk. but the funds could be invested in hundreds of different stocks.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I already invest in oil when I buy gas, so if ND taxes get lowered from oil does this mean that state tax at the pump will go down.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I already invest in oil when I buy gas, so if ND taxes get lowered from oil does this mean that state tax at the pump will go down.

I paid 1.96 for gas on Wednesday night --- I can run up to DL more than 2 times then what I could back a few years ago. I will take that all day and any day and not really look for any other breaks. But if you want them ---- yes property taxes decreased-- they may of seamed like they did not -- but if you really look at the numbers they did, I live in WF my property taxes decreased even though the schools were building like crazy. Income taxes have been decreasing since 2009 ---look at MN rates have been increasing significantly. W/o oil the income tax rates would of needed to increase 10x. Oil tuition for college/tech school kids -- oil has been a subsidy for kids that score well enough to receive the oil scholarship. This has been a help for parents and kids trying to go forward in life. Our roads look better then MT and MN --- the list goes on.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
All depends who you buy your doritos from, if you bought them from a bootlegger who deals.in stolen bags of doritos then no but if you buy them from a store who buys them from a doritos salesmen then I would say yes. Wags did you buy your doritos from a bootlegger?
If we get extra state taxes from oil pumped from the ground to be sold to someone from over seas does this mean taxes will go.down at the pump?

- - - Updated - - -

I paid 1.96 for gas on Wednesday night --- I can run up to DL more than 2 times then what I could back a few years ago. I will take that all day and any day and not really look for any other breaks. But if you want them ---- yes property taxes decreased-- they may of seamed like they did not -- but if you really look at the numbers they did, I live in WF my property taxes decreased even though the schools were building like crazy. Income taxes have been decreasing since 2009 ---look at MN rates have been increasing significantly. W/o oil the income tax rates would of needed to increase 10x. Oil tuition for college/tech school kids -- oil has been a subsidy for kids that score well enough to receive the oil scholarship. This has been a help for parents and kids trying to go forward in life. Our roads look better then MT and MN --- the list goes on.
Does the oil affect only state taxes if so could I get a royalty check for all the profits from oil money.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You run a greater chance of having oil under you than I lunk. Start drilling and you to will get a royalty check. To be serious though - what your looking for is a AK type of check -- I think if the oil prices would of remained - sooner or later the state would of had so much money they would of needed to either a lower the taxes on the oil production or a royalty check.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The engineering company I work consolidates with oil money as well as state tax money, to be able to make a profit oil needs to be over 50. So yeah I personally gain from the pipeline.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Umm, no. State fuel taxes are by the gallon, not a percentage of sale price. And no on the oil royalty check. You need to own some minerals to get a royalty check. Which the state does, but not that much in comparison to the tax revenue collected on privately owned minerals.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 95
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47