Long Sleeve Fishing Shirts

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those all sound like positives to me.

Let's be fair. If you don't have giant chest pockets with a couple side zips and at least two velcro tabs like you get with the Triple B (Billowy Backflap Blouse), where are you going to keep your cigs/lotto tickets/pocket Fish ID guide/etc?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a fan of hoodies. And while my dermatologist still suggests I change my lifestyle, I also dislike long-sleeved shirts even during winter.

Are we officially done shooting people who wear hoodies? I don't remember getting the memo.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your fishing shirt doesn't have a dart pocket, it's probably a woman's shirt repurposed

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love my Columbia PFG Tamiami 2 long sleeve shirts for fishing.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear whatever feels right and performs for me. And if it turns out that chicks really dig it and throw themselves at me, who am I to argue.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have probably 15-20 fishing shirts the majority of which are Colombia. Between "end of the season deals" @ cabelas & my wife buying me a few at the Colombia outlet store I don't think I've spent more than $25 on a Colombia shirt & I have zero complaints about them. I have a few under armour brand ones & really like them except for the price tag. I have one huk shirt in 2XL that I like except it was made for a 5' 6" fat guy & not a 6'5" fat guy (me) so it is almost too short to even wear. DM, I will have to order one of your new shirts just to wear it with the hood up all summer to annoy Clay. ;:;rofl

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
While your at it buy some jorts and a nice pair of New Balances to complete the 1990's walleye angler look. Sun hoodies are awesome. Lighter than your old man button ups, no need for the ridiculous back flaps, and they have better sun protection. What's not to like?

The new balances have to have been white, but are now mint green. You know.. from all the horticulture.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be fair. If you don't have giant chest pockets with a couple side zips and at least two velcro tabs like you get with the Triple B (Billowy Backflap Blouse), where are you going to keep your cigs/lotto tickets/pocket Fish ID guide/etc?

bwahaha, pocket fish id guide.. smh

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shirtless with sunscreen is the only way to go. I don't care for the shorts with long sleeve look. It's kind of like flip flops with jeans.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pretty much never wear shorts. Lightweight wicking pants w/4-way stretch. Academy Outdoors Magellan Laguna Madre pants, $30 @ regular price, on sale fairly regular as well are what I wear most often. I have several sets of Simms ultralights, I prefer the Academy pants.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those long sleeve fishing shirts also work very well in the yard and garden. I have Simms, Huk, Scheels and one of those cheap Sam's Club shirts.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A sweet tank top, cooler of ice cold Busch lights, and some SPF30 is all that is needed you fancy fuckers. Pants are for winter fishing too.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
a huka hukka hukka fukka --- i with johnny -- give me a sweatshirt and a wifebeater shirt

bobberdown

Columbia quality, reasonably priced, and sun protection is all I need to buy their product

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I usually wear those $3 t-shirts you get for FREE when you spend at least $500 at Scheels. I have several and if they get a little dirty it's not like I don't have a few more to pick from.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did some research yesterday and Columbia has a good sale going on their website. Most shirts and hats are 25% off plus $25 off $100 code plus free shipping when you sign up for rewards. Picked up a hat and three fishing shirts for $91

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 33