• Did you get a deer ?

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • Did you get a deer license ?

Votes: 60 46.9%
  • Did you get 2 deer licenses ?

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Did you get 3 or more deer licenses ?

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Did you see less deer this year than usual ?

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Did you get 2 deer ?

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Did you get 3 or more deer ?

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Do you wish you would have gotten a deer license ?

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • Does this poll anger you ?

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • Was this poll helpfull ?

Votes: 17 13.3%

• Total voters

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
two taggers and one taggers? seriously? we’re labeling now?... putting each other in camps.

that is bs - take that crap somewhere else

- - - Updated - - -

I am not looking forward to any more “polls” like this piece of crap

We are , KDM called us "One taggers" way back in this thread so Thought I'd rub his nose in it . Thanks for Teeing that up. Ive said from the very start that we are in the same boat.

Great Post Bckhntr!! Unfortunately, the "One Taggers" aren't interested in numbers, facts, and science.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
settle down guywithnousefortags, it's just conversation... it's the government, change is slow, late, wrong directed, and futile. Does the Game and Fish have any sort of directive or mission statement? like pretty much all government agencies I suspect they are prone to guidance by groups with selfish motives... greed pretty much runs everything, it is the foundation of capitalism.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
if only ndgf had a mission statement, that’d be huge

526D8A85-2FC8-49D3-B35B-66B673B8CBB8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I can’t believe some of the “hey, let’s pull everyone down to the same shitty plane in order to make life fair” crap on this thread.

Bernie Sanders for NDGF Director

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just curious as to their goals as a department. Obviously a healthy deer herd would be number one, then you would have to address the size of the deer herd. Someone mentioned that they (G&F) do not even know the size of the deer herd. Is this true? How do you measure a deer herd?

Once you measure it, then is it too big, or too small? body shops and hunters want a huuuuge deer herd. non hunters driving rural roads would like to see smaller deer herds. The farmer from Rugby that is in the paper for shooting 20 deer that were eating his grain would like a smaller deer herd. Farmers with hay yards would like a smaller deer herd. Hotels and cafes want a bigger deer herd.

of course once you weigh all opinions on the size of the herd, then you need mother nature to tell you what she has planned.

Seems like it would be a difficult shit show at best....

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
for claiming to only want dialog and discussion davey you sure know how to start and maintain a fight

why do you ignore all the good/informative posts by 'the system is good' crowd?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
settle down guywithnousefortags, it's just conversation... it's the government, change is slow, late, wrong directed, and futile. Does the Game and Fish have any sort of directive or mission statement? like pretty much all government agencies I suspect they are prone to guidance by groups with selfish motives... greed pretty much runs everything, it is the foundation of capitalism.
. This is of their website
Mission Statement: The mission of the North Dakota Game and Fish Department is to protect, conserve and enhance fish and wildlife populations and their habitat for sustained public consumptive and nonconsumptive use

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
for claiming to only want dialog and discussion davey you sure know how to start and maintain a fight

why do you ignore all the good/informative posts by 'the system is good' crowd?

I've never started a fight in my life but I have finished a few. Go back to the first page and see who came out swinging, I'm not much for hunkering down and taking a beating .

- - - Updated - - -

Also not ignoring any information, I don't agree with something because somebody tells me I have to

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never started a fight in my life but I have finished a few. Go back to the first page and see who came out swinging, I'm not much for hunkering down and taking a beating .

- - - Updated - - -

Also not ignoring any information, I don't agree with something because somebody tells me I have to

you da man Thumbs Up

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol... Davey, how do respond to being told to shut up and sit down.....

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So sitting at the basketball tournament this has been a good way to pass the time.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's adopt a one tag system on the condition there is no more urban or small town development. Any tree that is taken down is replaced, farmers stop tilling past road right of way to their benefit and I can keep going.
I am actually a 1 tagger gratis and can continue to just continue like I have the last 2yrs of getting my FREE tag and not donate to not shoot now only. I can also kick all the rest of the youth, handicapped, and decent friends and others that respectfully ask out. I can be a FULL Norwegian dink and a greedy MF. The one tag group whines the most and believe it or not I understand but I do believe that over time habitat will provide more tags, only kicker is that it will have to been done without government assistance.
So I now ask all if you one very simple question. WHAT do all of you do to help improve not just deer but any and all game potentials? How many only think about hunting 1 or 2 times a year, maybe 6 times but none of it includes providing some benefit to the game, and yes I'm calling out "land owners" too

- - - Updated - - -

I also do think the system needs fixing. For starters how many gratis does one Imediant family actually have to have

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 taggers = elitest!
2 taggers= better then you.
1 taggers =whiners
No taggers= lazy pos that doesn't try

The new NDA social hyarachy.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 taggers = elitest!
2 taggers= better then you.
1 taggers =whiners
No taggers= lazy pos that doesn't try

The new NDA social hyarachy.

Only if people want to make it that way and continue pointing fingers at each other. Everyone here "claims" to be sportsmen and looking out for the "future" but I have still seen/Heard very little proof over the years aside from just a few members what they contribute.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with Davey on starting and finishing fights, both never always go my way. But this kind of B.S. is a plague on all sides and just what any anti wants to see, with the longer it goes the less sympathy I have for those that attack landowners so quickly

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
To be honest if I told you what I do for wildlife conservation most here would either tell me I am lying or patting myself on the back so I'll just say I do my part and leave it at that. As far as being a sportsman , In my own mind yes but to others on here not so much. I was raised different than most on here, I was taught that if you really believe in something it's worth defending your opinion about it, I guess on social media it's called whining. I'm not feeling good about what I have posted but my opinion remains the same .

Last edited:

BX2

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I was hunting tonight,watching several large sleughs burn in the distance. I was thinking instead of having 150 acres to get a gratis tag, maybe I the requirement should be x amount of habitat. Most farmers would still get a tag but the guys who burn everything every year might be out of luck.unless they still have x amount of habitat

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone like amaretto sours? I am about 4 deep after a long day of basketball but I can not believe how different our two systems of deer licensing is. I feel really vindicated I made the right decision leaving Fargo

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 64