Pig barns near Devils lake

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I stopped to take a leak by the hog farm between DL and Rugby , it was rankest smelling barn I've ever been around, the smell stayed in the car for a couple days.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess some are just a little more sensitive to smells then others, city lagoons, beet plant lagoons, adm mash and lagoons. Oh and the people who lived in northern part of devils lake dealt with a feed lot l. People in general realize that when the wind blows in a certain direction you are going to have to deal with the smells. But then again none of those smells will kill you compared to silica particles that are inhaled when the particles are disturbed.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep , when I was a kid we had pigs , farrowed out around 20 or so. Dad gave me one for doing the chores when I was pretty young. Abigail was like owning a gold mine when Dad was paying for everything.
My Grandpa was bringing me back to our ranch one time and we drove by a feedlot and he asked me what that smell was?
I told him it was the smell of money.
He laughed and everytime he told that story, it would bring tears because he laughed so hard.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 214
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70