Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 19.5%

• Total voters

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
For someone who calls people on here “preachy fucks”, you sure are preaching. Does quoting bible verses make you better than me? I thought the Bible states you are not to judge people. God will judge everyone when the time comes, not you. Every year in November I pick one of my local schools and I go and pay off all of the delinquent meal accounts so those families can have somewhat of a Christmas. Do you do that? Or are scared to put your money where your mouth is. Maybe post less bible quotes and take some action.
If that's the case the parable shouldn't get you so fired up. It's the first quote I've shared after watching prairieghost and jaunr pick and choose what parts they agree with using it to justify their political opinions. Feeding school children shouldn't be partisan politics. I give away my fare share of plants, produce, and walleye. I also don't care if my taxes feed some school kid.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am totally against feeding others kids with tax money collected. Having kids is a choice, just like owning a home is a choice.
Agree that no library, or sports complex should be at the tax payers burden either.

When covid shut shit down, out west here they still had free school lunch going on, where people drove to the schools and were handed however many lunches they asked for...a lot of Cadillac's, and Lincolns in that line getting their "free food". No pride in this generation, and it breeds on and on.
I agree that children are a choice. Unfortunately though, I view the situation as pay now or pay later. If keeping a kids' stomach full during the school day so they can learn to their fullest potential and become a productive citizen is what my dollar pays for, I am for it. If that reduces the disruptive behavior of a student who affects the rest of the class, I am for it. I've taught in public schools and I'll say that there are a lot of kids who benefit GREATLY from having food on the table. And it isn't always the poor kids, heck the better off kids often have parents who do nothing but drop them off in their Escalades and expect the school to feed them. It's not the kid's fault, it is the parents. Making them suffer, making the classroom disrupted by some mad hangry kid, etc. isn't worth it. I view it as a hell of an investment in our future, and at a small cost. There is a lot worse places to send tax dollars to, that is for sure. If we let these kids drag through school, we'll pay a lot more for them when they are on welfare and have 5 kids themselves. The circle repeats.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If that's the case the parable shouldn't get you so fired up. It's the first quote I've shared after watching prairieghost and jaunr pick and choose what parts they agree with using it to justify their political opinions. Feeding school children shouldn't be partisan politics. I give away my fare share of plants, produce, and walleye. I also don't care if my taxes feed some school kid.
What gets me fired up is hypocrisy of quoting bible verses to shame someone or make you seem holier than thou. You read the Bible? good for you. You live by the Bible? Good for you. That means you are on your way to eternity. But you don’t need to show it off to everyone or try and shame someone. Jesus was humble, maybe you should try it.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Freedom’s online behavior is rather interesting.

Ever notice how often he laughs at almost every single one of certain people’s posts? Mockery appears to be one of his favorite methods of Freedom.

Rather than share his Christian wisdom/insights with those who would benefit, he chooses ridicule and shaming.

Sad really, for one so blessed by the Lord with such keen insights into His will for the flock.
Laugh reacts to the close minded and deaf ears 🤷‍♂️ I'm not incredibly religious but grew up immersed in it. Both sides of the political spectrum have about tore the Bible to shreds trying to justify BS. It's disgusting. I fell into the same trap
What gets me fired up is hypocrisy of quoting bible verses to shame someone or make you seem holier than thou. You read the Bible? good for you. You live by the Bible? Good for you. That means you are on your way to eternity. But you don’t need to show it off to everyone or try and shame someone. Jesus was humble, maybe you should try it.
Preaching to the choir. I felt justified because it was in response to those who had done it as well. I was wrong.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For someone who calls people on here “preachy fucks”, you sure are preaching. Does quoting bible verses make you better than me? I thought the Bible states you are not to judge people. God will judge everyone when the time comes, not you. Every year in November I pick one of my local schools and I go and pay off all of the delinquent meal accounts so those families can have somewhat of a Christmas. Do you do that? Or are scared to put your money where your mouth is. Maybe post less bible quotes and take some action.
Usually the preachies are the less godly people and go against exactly what the Bible teaches….usually they are also blinded by this and think….no not me.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Free college, free daycare, free healthcare, free lunches, free anything is a bunch of crap.

The world needs ditch diggers too.

Taking from one forcibly and giving it to another is horse shit.
I give a great plenty, and so do the places I volunteer dozens of hours a month too. Not to toot my own horn, but I give gifts of cash and more importantly time to charity, on a weekly basis, I count my blessings and give where I see fit, including my church and community.

I am a giver, but don't take my cash and hand it out to whomever and claim I am not giving enough.

Parents need to care for their children, and seek help when they cant care for the most important thing in their lives. But to say it should be covered by the rest of us weekly is ludacris.

Plenty of places are there to help, including food pantries, churches, food stamps, reduced and free lunches for the people who cannot take care of there own, the back pack program (which is one I personally support, as does the club I head).

If a family cannot get the kid fed with all of these, then there is some real lack of ability to even raise themselves non the less a child.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
WTF does all the bible religious BS have to do with my property taxes? JFC!
1712675966895.png

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Free college, free daycare, free healthcare, free lunches, free anything is a bunch of crap.

The world needs ditch diggers too.

Taking from one forcibly and giving it to another is horse shit.
I give a great plenty, and so do the places I volunteer dozens of hours a month too. Not to toot my own horn, but I give gifts of cash and more importantly time to charity, on a weekly basis, I count my blessings and give where I see fit, including my church and community.

I am a giver, but don't take my cash and hand it out to whomever and claim I am not giving enough.

Parents need to care for their children, and seek help when they cant care for the most important thing in their lives. But to say it should be covered by the rest of us weekly is ludacris.

Plenty of places are there to help, including food pantries, churches, food stamps, reduced and free lunches for the people who cannot take care of there own, the back pack program (which is one I personally support, as does the club I head).

If a family cannot get the kid fed with all of these, then there is some real lack of ability to even raise themselves non the less a child.
I don’t think anyone here other than camper would argue with you. I wish we had zero taxes and didn’t have to pay for all the poor peoples shit either. They should work harder, get a better job etc etc. I’m just as pissed off with all the angry bums and handouts as you are John but the reality is we have 3 options to the current state of our country and state. Option 1) we all pull a Gordon kahl at the same time and stop paying taxes altogether. 2) we just keep bitching and whining on an outdoor site and do nothing material to change the circumstances. Or 3) we use the same tactic as those who take from us. They take bit by bit and incrementally so we don’t notice the theft in progress. Since the first two options don’t seem productive why don’t we take it back the way they took it? It’s no secret the federal government is trying to destroy the middle class. Our state elected leaders have a duty to protect its state citizens from enemies foreign and domestic. And that means protecting us from the financial terrorism taking place now. The most effective way to combat the federal overreach is to pass as many bills that prop up the middle class as they can at a time they are being assaulted the worst. Not every bill will help every Individual such as many middle class family’s wouldn’t be helped by a primary property tax bill that you are strongly for. However maybe many would be helped by a school lunch bill. My point is to counteract what is happening in the us today the most effective use of our tax dollars would be best spent going back to the middle class in one form or another. Or we can just sit back and bitch about all the welfare programs the poor get and come on this site and pout about it while the rich take their cut and the welfare folks take their cut 🤷‍♂️ I don’t know John just throwing a fucking idea out here instead of just blanket stating I hate taxes.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
They would just increase the “set” rate every year.
The taking of our money needs to be more difficult and less automatic, then maybe they will cut spending which is the real problem.
You missed my point, it would be a law that your yearly property taxes would be set for the entire time you own the property based on the purchase price. Once you sell it the new owner would pay taxes based on the purchase price. Its not hard to understand, and if its a law they couldn't ding you for more. California has done this and it works.
If you just eliminate property taxes, what form of tax is going to replace it?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think anyone here other than camper would argue with you. I wish we had zero taxes and didn’t have to pay for all the poor peoples shit either. They should work harder, get a better job etc etc. I’m just as pissed off with all the angry bums and handouts as you are John but the reality is we have 3 options to the current state of our country and state. Option 1) we all pull a Gordon kahl at the same time and stop paying taxes altogether. 2) we just keep bitching and whining on an outdoor site and do nothing material to change the circumstances. Or 3) we use the same tactic as those who take from us. They take bit by bit and incrementally so we don’t notice the theft in progress. Since the first two options don’t seem productive why don’t we take it back the way they took it? It’s no secret the federal government is trying to destroy the middle class. Our state elected leaders have a duty to protect its state citizens from enemies foreign and domestic. And that means protecting us from the financial terrorism taking place now. The most effective way to combat the federal overreach is to pass as many bills that prop up the middle class as they can at a time they are being assaulted the worst. Not every bill will help every Individual such as many middle class family’s wouldn’t be helped by a primary property tax bill that you are strongly for. However maybe many would be helped by a school lunch bill. My point is to counteract what is happening in the us today the most effective use of our tax dollars would be best spent going back to the middle class in one form or another. Or we can just sit back and bitch about all the welfare programs the poor get and come on this site and pout about it while the rich take their cut and the welfare folks take their cut 🤷‍♂️ I don’t know John just throwing a fucking idea out here instead of just blanket stating I hate taxes.
My point was more so at the folks who believe handouts are harmless.
They harm the giver of course, but the taker is hurt even worse, and they don't see it, and come to expect it, the dependence is stifling.

I agree, if we all start taking, maybe some of the theft will be returned in taking of someone else's labor.

I didn't realize I was bitching, but you are right, I was bitching.

One last bitch...fjb

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
My point was more so at the folks who believe handouts are harmless.
They harm the giver of course, but the taker is hurt even worse, and they don't see it, and come to expect it, the dependence is stifling.

I agree, if we all start taking, maybe some of the theft will be returned in taking of someone else's labor.

I didn't realize I was bitching, but you are right, I was bitching.

One last bitch...fjb
I was more razzing you than anything. I respect what you have to say on this forum. I think we are both in agreement on the handouts and throwing our tax dollars into bottomless welfare programs. If I could wave a magic wand and eliminate the bullshit we all end up paying for I certainly would. I was thinking more along the lines of if they are continue to pillage the middle class how can we turn it into a win for the middle class. I feel we’re past the point of trying to get them to reduce any tax or eliminate it. I think we need to come at it from a different angle and play the same game back at them. In the end the money may shuffle around more but it the end result is the middle class gets bigger piece of the pie they are already buying then it would in my mind be better than sending to the handout line and the millionaire developers in the state.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
You missed my point, it would be a law that your yearly property taxes would be set for the entire time you own the property based on the purchase price. Once you sell it the new owner would pay taxes based on the purchase price. Its not hard to understand, and if its a law they couldn't ding you for more. California has done this and it works.
If you just eliminate property taxes, what form of tax is going to replace it?
Gotcha. Yep, we just need it all defined so there are no numbers they can change whenever they want.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I love these posts of we should do this or that...non of the suggestions on here will ever happen. Posted this earlier..what options we have are nothing and continue the same open wallet policy or eliminate property tax. We can all dream about this or that but how many of your representatives have done anything about this problem when it's been in there face for years? I have asked my rep..in one ear out the other. So what options do we have? The only one I can see is to eliminate property tax.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love these posts of we should do this or that...non of the suggestions on here will ever happen. Posted this earlier..what options we have are nothing and continue the same open wallet policy or eliminate property tax. We can all dream about this or that but how many of your representatives have done anything about this problem when it's been in there face for years? I have asked my rep..in one ear out the other. So what options do we have? The only one I can see is to eliminate property tax.
So your solution is to just eliminate it, which is fine, but what tax are you going to use or implement to replace the property tax funds? What is your solution?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not just our reps, us citizens keep voting to tax ourselves more and more, its pure insanity.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its not just our reps, us citizens keep voting to tax ourselves more and more, its pure insanity.
Absolutely agree..people follow what they are told. Guarantee people will hear the tax advertisement from burleigh county and go and vote for it.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So your solution is to just eliminate it, which is fine, but what tax are you going to use or implement to replace the property tax funds? What is your solution?
ANYTHING but property tax. Said this a number of times. I get they will still get there money but it might just make it a little harder for them. Especially when someone goes to the store and sees the tax everyday.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was for getting rid of property tax but the more I read on here the more I'm starting to think leaving property tax and making some changes to it would be better. If we get rid of property tax, the legislature is gonna really screw us over, probably raise sales tax, state income tax, and maybe create a few other ones and take 3 times as much money from us peasants.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5