Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 100 74.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 25.4%

• Total voters

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its the beaten woman syndrome, I don't want to be beaten, but if he stops, he might not love me anymore.

When the authorities step in to stop the beating the woman begs them to leave her man alone, he didn't mean it, he is a good guy, I caused these beatings, it was my fault,... please keep taking exorbitant amounts of my income to keep these fucking raping taxes going, as who will beat my ass otherwise...
Agreed 100% and spot on analogy. If something isn’t done very soon it’ll only continue to get worse. It’s not going to stop because all of a sudden politicians become disciplined….. So far the only opposition stance is based out of the fear of the unknown and unknown scenarios. The only way to stop the beatings is to stop or limit the means in which it can happen.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You are also figuring 40hours my wife’s mom taught for 30 years and she was closer to 50. Her day was usually 7-5 and this was teaching first graders. That’s not taking into account grading papers at home and writing lesson plans on the weekends. Now I don’t know if that’s the norm or she was an exception but I know she put in a lot more than 40 hours a week.

The real money is being in administration but than again you get to deal with parents all the time and trying to keep litter boxes out of the bathrooms and all that shit.

I could have saved North Dakota a cool million don’t put a round about at Ft Yates with 1 foot of colored concrete in each approach. There is no doubt that govt is so wasteful being on the construction side of it I see it every day.
Yeah using 50 hours brings the average down to around $24 an hour....better time management....😆
Just kidding!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The reason the kids in private schools get a higher test score is not because of the private school itself per se, but because the parents that invest in the kid going to this private school take a much larger interest in their kids, and their kids school work and making the grades. One does not equal the other.

Lots of kids in public school being raised by single parents/ grandparents/ foster care, and parents that just don't give it any thought, that don't go any further than the kid making it to class, and calling it good.

Building a $100,000,000 school does zero for a kids education, absolute zero. 60 years ago a kid was taught in a one room school house, and learned more than our kids do now.

60 years ago, kids used pencils and paper supplied by the parents. Nowadays, they use laptops and electronic notebooks supplied by the school, who also have to maintain their own computer systems to integrate the kids' lesson plans into their electronics. I've taught at the college level and would never consider teaching elementary to high school, but IMHO the students who try nowadays are certainly better educated than those of 60 years ago. I remember taking a business accounting class in high school in the 80s where the teacher claimed the material he was teaching he learned at the collegiate level. Same can be said for many courses high school students take today.

We can say the level of smarts were better in the past if it makes us feel better, but kids today far surpass our technological abilities at the same age.

I mean, I get it...we all see grandiose examples of spending in new schools, but I don't think too many people would think our kids would be better off with one-room schools as the norm today.

BTW, I fully agree with the first two paragraphs. Private school kids are largely given better resources and familial support than the average, or certainly the lower end of the spectrum, kids at public schools.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 372
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 128
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 58