Sioux hockey starts now!!!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
The early Friday game gives them more time to rest for Saturday game if they win

That would be my guess too, plus they can go back to their hotel right after the evening game and already by "wound down" and able to get to sleep early. The other 2 teams will be lucky to get to their rooms by midnight.

Steve.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's a picture of the attendance at the Big 10 hockey tourney. I bet the Xcel wished they hosted the NCHC.

big10.jpg

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's a picture of the attendance at the Big 10 hockey tourney. I bet the Xcel wished they hosted the NCHC.

62ae7ccffd86f6c91da1d0c8839efe8b.jpg

Ha...Ha...HA...HA...ha...that's gotta be Mich St vs. OSU ??? can't be WI vs Penn ST...you would think sconis would travel better than that...unless they are all watching bouncyball

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sconi ville teams have been terrible the last few years which probably has been felt at the gate receipts total.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i leave work an hour early, cbs channel game is on is not available on my cable package, sign up for nchc package to stream the game, that won't work (except for the PAY part), check the und page for a score, sioux now down 2-1...

SUX!!! ;:;banghead

better just ;:;boozer

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should a renamed the boys the rabbit CHOKERS.....hope they get their shit together for the national tourney!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't watched much hockey this winter so I don't have a lot to compare too but I thought Duluth stepped up to the plate and played a pretty good game. We only had them running around a couple of times and then they would settle right back in and play their positions again. Raider, I almost posted on here last night that the game wasn't on NCHC TV , I subscribed last weekend and noticed last night that I assumed wrong and missed the fine print. I was scrambling too, I had to upgrade for a month .

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
the boys might not even win the 3rd place game the way they played today. But with all due respect, Duluth had to play their arses off to get into the tourney next week. They needed one Win to get in according to the "experts".

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's an acceptable loss. 5 straight straight starting tomorrow. National championship is in sight and over due.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's to the boys making North Dakota proud tomorrow night!!:;:cheers Hope they kick Denver's ass, and make it to the finals! :;:exactlyI will be cheering them on at Wings and Rings.;:;boozer Go Sioux!!

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's to the boys making North Dakota proud tomorrow night!!:;:cheers Hope they kick Denver's ass, and make it to the finals! :;:exactlyI will be cheering them on at Wings and Rings.;:;boozer Go Sioux!!

oh i hope so... i'll b safely home with at least 6 fingers in b4 the puck drop...:;:cheers;:;boozer

- - - Updated - - -

injury report??? everyone healthy???

last i heard we're good...

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother is coming over and we are going to watch both games so we can see what the SIOUX will be up against in Saturday night in the FINALS!!! We'll have a few snackies during the first game but not too much to spoil our appetite for dinner during the big game.

Dinner will be an old favorite that my Norwegian Grandmother on my Dad's side used to make: klub. It's a potato, flour and liver dumpling cooked in a broth made with short ribs and salt pork. After the broth is cooked (2 to 3 hours) you remove the meat from the ribs and cut the salt pork into 1/2 inch cubes and then put a cube into the middle of each dumpling to flavor it. Absolutely to die for. What doesn't get eaten from the pot is cooled over night in a bowl and sliced and heated/browned/crisped the next morning in butter and is just as good as the original the night before.

More than just "stick to your ribs good" food! I can't wait.

Steve.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh i hope so... i'll b safely home with at least 6 fingers in b4 the puck drop...:;:cheers;:;boozer

- - - Updated - - -

injury report??? everyone healthy???

last i heard we're good...

Good for both, you, and HER!! ( I think ) ;:;popcorn :;:smokin ;:;boozer;:;rofl

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's going to be a hell of a good game tonight I would think. I really think having last change could help us out big time in being able to control the Pacific Rim line. Can't wait! I'll be watching the early game as well. I see Quinnipiac coming out ahead in that game. They really looked good in the regional I thought, granted their region was the least talented.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
From a NDSU fan good luck tonight I don't really like hockey all that much but I might have to watch the game tonight.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just read that Garth Brooks is a big college hockey fan.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3