Trespass Bill

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I know for a few years this was brought up by the same representative (Froelich) from down in the area of the protest and rez. Perhaps there is more of an issue there and he is doing his job listening to those folks he represents. (Ha, wouldn;lt that be a kicker )

This session I have no idea if there even is a bill or who is sponsoring it.

That would be a bit of humor if there actually isn;t even a bill.....................maybe just a warm up thread for the rest of the session!!

Be nice if this thread was able to get the "ag controls the legislature......federal ag subsidies" stuff out of the way. :)

Last edited:

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

Jimmy, have only ever given one bad rep and it was not to you. So you are one up on me. :) Your posts on this site aimed at personal attacks are of such little consequence to any of the issues being discussed they simply do not warrant a response of bad rep, and I don;t give bad rep for being a whiney little bitch, sorry to burst your bubble.[/QUOTE]

Hey goobs. Look at how many times you have posted on a hunting and fishing website then you tell me who the whiny little bitch is.;:;rofl You are crazy gabe!...fist step is admitting it bud. As a matter of fact, you are the epitome of whiny little bitch goobs. There are hundreds of farmers/ranchers who could give two shits about all the stuff you seem to think is the end of the damn world for you. They just keep plugging along working their asses off. You post over 2500 times on a website! Once again, who is the whiny little bitch? hahaha

I tried "discussing" with you a long time ago and realized it is impossible. Now I post to let others know your true colors. An angry old entitled asshole who would cut the cinch of anyone in his way to better his position. Trust me goobs, I loose NO sleep over nodakangler! I bet you do:;:exactly.

I'll check back in a few days to see what other whiny ass bullshit you spew.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;popcorn

What's all the popcorn for. I got Jimbo on ignore so I don't see his post. Made the mistake of clicking on the one boy that was a lapse in judgement. Once a dishrag always a dishrag

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lookin' good there wstnodak. :;:thumbsup It's a privilege to read your positive, uplifting, and contributory posts concerning a topic of such significant importance to most on this site while seamlessly using such linguistic gems as you do. Keep up the good work.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
when does this bill hit the floor? anyone know
or has that been discussed and I missed it?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy.............2238 and each and every one a heart felt well thought out slightly verbose at times sharing of ideas, concerns, sarcasm, possible wit, mostly polite and occasional pokes that maybe should have been left unpoked.

But I don't think I have ever gone off on someone like old wst does.

Uffda
:)

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Funds for conservation doesn't bother me. I don't pretend to know what everybody is thinking but had a sense in the last initiated measure that most people thought that DU was going to use the funds to purchase land. May or not have been the case but perception drives a lot of discussion.

For me, DU original goal was preserving wetlands without actually owning any land. Again, for me, that is a big difference. If an individual wants to sign an easement with DU without a change in ownership that allows the owner to continue normal farm/ranch uses and the land remains on the tax roles, that would be more acceptable to most people. Whether it was true or not I have no proof but that seemed to be one of the major issues with said initiated measure.

Have no idea if what I just wrote makes sense but for me, DU wanted way to much money for plans that neither sportsman nor landowners supported.

Back to my original thinking that how did an issue that neither sportsman or landowners support, become a reason that is now dividing both groups? Perhaps it's a case of those who post their land would like to not have to do that and achieve the same result and think that would benefit all other landowners as well. I don't have an answer other than I prefer to not change our current laws.
Would you have supported the initiated measure if it out right states the funds could not be used to buy land? I agree the percentage should have been lower too, but I think the intentions behind the measure were trustworthy. I support many wildlife orgs that could have greatly benefited from the measure like Delta Waterfowl, Mule Deer Foundation and Pheasants for the future. We could have seen some big habitat projects from that funding. Sad thing is no group will put a refined measure through that made assurances about all the concerns but I don't think any organization will want to willingly volunteer for the next witch hunt.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
MM, I am curious how would you have structured those big habitat projects and how would you have paid for them.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
MM, I am curious how would you have structured those big habitat projects and how would you have paid for them.

Permit me to answer. There are more outdoor programs that were used as the template to dream up Measure 5, (the oil revenue rip off.)

Money comes into all States from the Land Water Conservation Fund. At the federal level it is oil and gas lease money from the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf. Money destined for the US General Treasury is diverted away, spent and.......well you judge.

South Dakota just got a chunk for conservation and here is where they spent it:

Outdoor Recreation Projects Funded

South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard has awarded $429,000 in Land Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) money to several communities. The federal assistance program provides up to 50% reimbursement for outdoor recreation projects. The following communities were awarded LWCF grants for outdoor projects:
Aberdeen-12th St. multipurpose play court, $35,000
Dell Rapids-campground comfort station, $75,000
Elk Point-playground equipment, $54,000
Emery-playground equipment, $22,800
Groton-playground equipment replacement at ball park, $24,900
Hayti-playground equipment, $11,900
Hot Springs-tennis court resurfacing, $11,000
Huron-Memorial Park playground equipment, $23,000
Lead-Manuel Park renovation, $75,000
Onida-swimming pool renovation, $50,000
Presho-outdoor basket ball court, $49,000

Land Water Conservation Funds come from the National Park Service and are administered in South Dakota by the Department of Game Fish and Parks.

For more information on the LWCF program, contact grants coordinator Randy Kittle at 605-773-5490

It's a slight of hand telling the people that Land Water Conservation Funds come from the National Park Service. The NPS is simply a pass through.

The North Dakota Outdoor Heritage Fund has had eight rounds of proposals since 2013. Here they are:

http://www.nd.gov/ndic/ohf-applications.html

Notice there were way more proposals in the 1st round of applications back in 2013 than the 8th round Nov. 1, 2016. People are realizing they are wasting their time by trying to get money that is not conservation. This panel is trying to be responsive to the intended purpose. Here's the Home Page:

http://www.nd.gov/ndic/outdoor-infopage.htm

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dammit we just built a pool in Mobridge wonder why the city did not get in on some conservation funds

TWN

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will they ever quit this crap? I own land it is not all posted. Land close to home is posted but there is a lot of land out there, stubble,grass waterways etc that are not posted because who cares if someone hunts it. Do not want phone calls to hunt land that isn't posted. Would this put responsibility on land owner to post land as open to hunting? Stupid. If you want your land posted take a day and put up some signs.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will they ever quit this crap? I own land it is not all posted. Land close to home is posted but there is a lot of land out there, stubble,grass waterways etc that are not posted because who cares if someone hunts it. Do not want phone calls to hunt land that isn't posted. Would this put responsibility on land owner to post land as open to hunting? Stupid. If you want your land posted take a day and put up some signs.
they won't quit till we throw them out of office

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19