Trespass Bill

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Woodpecker I sent emails yesterday and received an answer to one already. He said that a bill has not been introduced yet, but when it is he will keep my thoughts in mind.

I sent emails on issue before ( generally NR bills trying to increase waterfowl days etc), every person replies with that response. be sure to look at the roll call when they vote you will be surprised how many have different ideas than you write. I even started investigating into so in the minot area and found they own rental properties and of course they will sponsor any NR bill...... conflict of interest eh?

- - - Updated - - -

this was when I was living in that area and of course many run un opposed

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not try to discourage communication but in all honesty I think emails are pretty easy to glance over and fluff up a reply. showing up in person like gst says is the best option if a person feels that strongly on a bill.

- - - Updated - - -

this bill I see it both ways advantages and disadvantages either way it goes

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you think emails persuade votes your out of your mind. One of the recent sessions I talked many people into emailing our locals to vote yes on a simple bill that would require trucks to tarp loads carrying aggregate. Most states already have this. It really is a no brainer. The volume of windshields being put in out west is insane. And 90% of the trucks already have the tarps on the trailers and all it takes is a flip of a switch on most of those. A couple of the companies already had it as a requirement within the company. Well needless to say when it came time to vote on it they voted against it. I questioned why and was told that the only people that testified were from the transportation industry lol. It's a pretty sad day that one needs to travel to Bismarck to testify for something that is so obviously needed. It's assinine. And there were many people that contacted these reps to voice their opinion for the bill. If you can't get their attention for something that damn simple and obviously needed you might as well piss down your leg. It was a great litmus test.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
i just fail to see the benefit from a strictly sportsman standpoint. Why want something that will limit access further, possibly deter new hunters, make some quit all together, have what limited public land hit even harder... etc. Our voice is small as it is. With less hunters, that could mean less gun owners, and that is not good for us. I know im talking worst case scenarios here but you have to admit there could be a trickle down from something like this. Something about Incrementalism...?

And dont even try comparing ND to MT, WY, or SD. That isnt even apples and oranges.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I emailed my house rep yesterday and sent a facebook message to the guy in the house I went to school with.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've received two responses....one positive....one neutral.
What more can a guy ask for with a bill that hasn't even been submitted??

Time will tell.

Last edited:

Livetohuntandfish

Established Member
This is my opinion and I respect everyone else's. New to this site so hope I don't step on to many people's toes. I'm a land owner and have access to all the hunting I want so I see things one sided and I understand that. I have two frustrations while reading the posts on here. First off no one owns the wildlife. This is why I dislike a lot of hunters these days. If you think you can drive down the road and shoot something out your window and think your a sportsman.... (wildlife isn't just a target) I want and promote youth hunting but along with that must be the education that hunting isn't a one day thing, get to know land owners, make trips other then during the season to hunt and then postings will be a lot less of an issue. #2. I see so many times the disrespect given to my land from hunters. All I ask and I assume most landowners agree is respect and knowing who's walking around our land. If I go into someone's yard in the city I'll get shot at but I'll get chewed out if some guy hunting is 400 yards behing my house shooting in my direction. All just an opinion. But as of then bill I'm against it. I think we need private nonposted land to keep our heritage. I just strongly feel instead of a ducks unlimited banquet every other month maybe the people behind hunting should try turn our sport into something more moral then what it has become.....

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
eye actual testimonies have always tipped the scales more than other contacts, sometimes I have to scratch my head on the outcome of bills one would think is a no brainer. So do we quit the representative governing process because of it? Do we use that as an excuse not to participate in how we are governed? Do we justify away our ability to be involved in the creation of the laws that govern us? Hell why bother even voting in elections.

Sure I have been a bit jaded in the past when certain bills I supported failed (even though ag controls the legislature) :::but we all make choices whether we want to continue to try and be involved or make excuses why we are not.

Whine about how futile participation is if you want, whine about how legislators never listen and it is a waste of time, whine about how you have no time to take to participate it's certainly your choice.

Thread: Trespass Bill
You think know the world is here to serve you.

Whiney ass unsigned negative rep.......... why don;t people have the balls to sign their negative rep?

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy man he asked me a question (note the ? on the end of his post) ......I replied

you and old wstnodak must hook up and comfort each other like a couple of liberals anguished over Trumps election.

- - -

Man it makes me feel good to know you think about me on a daily basis goober! It doesn't surprise me you are here on this topic going absolutely nuts once again. You need a fricken life goobs. God, I feel sorry for your family...especially your wife! Does she have to unplug the computer to get a little attention now and then?:::

What people need to realize is that good ol' goober was born into this world with a silver spoon not only sticking out of his mouth but one shoved up his ass as well. He is out of touch with reality and like I have said before...people like him are one of the most dangerous aspects facing the sportsman today. It blows my mind how much time and effort he puts into this website and for what!? You people need to look through his smoke and mirrors and realize this dipshit is not here for the benefit of the sportsman and will do ANYTHING to put another dollar in his pocket.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
i just fail to see the benefit from a strictly sportsman standpoint. Why want something that will limit access further, possibly deter new hunters, make some quit all together, have what limited public land hit even harder... etc. Our voice is small as it is. With less hunters, that could mean less gun owners, and that is not good for us. I know im talking worst case scenarios here but you have to admit there could be a trickle down from something like this. Something about Incrementalism...?

And dont even try comparing ND to MT, WY, or SD. That isnt even apples and oranges.

I don;t disagree with your emboldened point. So if sportsmen are concerned about those trickle down incremental impacts to the sport of hunting, why not be more vocal against the things that lead to bills like this? Why not be more vocal against those orgs that push the pendelum that ultimately impacts that incrementalism outside of just this bill?

- - - Updated - - -

Holy jimmy, try a little Desitin ointment. The only timeI think about you is when someone else whines and bitches like old bucks and bears did in his post.

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try to do what i can gst. I write our representatives whenever anything i feel strongly about comes up. Not just hunting related. I get 10 days vacation time so that doesnt give me a lot of free time to take off to go to bismarck and sit in. Maybe i should.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
There are some sportsman that are vocal against some of these other sportsmen orgs so I do realize that. They have in some cases formed other orgs that focus on improving particpation with youth and things like that rather than what some of these orgs push that generates the push back, we have one up here that does great things.

These are the orgs sportsmen need to join and belong to. Local control and input. These orgs might be able to over ride the bullshit groups like DU and others push at the local level .

Wags, from past discussions on here, you bring some good ideas and thoughts to the table, and if people do what they can, not much more can be asked or expected. You started one of the few positive proactive solution seeking threads on this site a while back

I know I beat this drum pretty repetatively but as kids we were brought up to cherish the fact we have the freedom to do what we do and to accept the responsibility that goes with keeping it not only for our self but for generations down the road. I really often wonder what kind of a country my generation will be leaving for my grandkids. (and that is why I'm not a huge supporter of this type of bill after giving it some thought over the years even though like I said it might make my life easier)

Apathy is easy.

Making excuses is easy.

Keeping what our Founders created is not.

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are some sportsman that are vocal against some of these other sportsmen orgs so I do realize that. They have in some cases formed other orgs that focus on improving particpation with youth and things like that rather than what some of these orgs push that generates the push back, we have one up here that does great things.

These are the orgs sportsmen need to join and belong to. Local control and input. These orgs might be able to over ride the bullshit groups like DU and others push at the local level .

I agree 100%. Ive found it tough to find an org that i trust. Seems like the ones that are big enough to influence also have some agendas i do not agree with.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
[/COLOR]Whiney ass unsigned negative rep.......... why don;t people have the balls to sign their negative rep?[/QUOTE] Gst you no why because when they do you need to share with the public that they signed it be a man and stop playing a victim. If you didn't come off confrontational so much maybe you wouldn't need to worry about if someone would sign their negative reps. Grow up old man the anonymous rep system is there for a reason stop playing the hypocritical victim.
P.S. I wasn't the one who gave you the negative rep but I have and you sure needed to share with everyone that I did just like your brother YOU.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try to do what i can gst. I write our representatives whenever anything i feel strongly about comes up. Not just hunting related. I get 10 days vacation time so that doesnt give me a lot of free time to take off to go to bismarck and sit in. Maybe i should.

If you do get time Wags, good on you, but don't let anyone persuade you your emails and letters don't matter. I've gotten enough feed back over the years to know better. I've had head of departments contact me about emails I've sent that were forwarded to them from legislators. That speaks volumes that if the legislator didn't have the answer they went the extra step to get it.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree 100%. Ive found it tough to find an org that i trust. Seems like the ones that are big enough to influence also have some agendas i do not agree with.

Thats the problem, when orgs get big they start to lose that grassroots ideology and a few drive the agendas. It happens in ag orgs as well. We have a great org up here in the Mouse River Loop Pheasants. At the state level with the people that are involved in this org having connections to our district legislators there is a fair bit of influence that can be generated. We have a couple new legislators in our district so it will be interesting to see how things go. They are pretty down to earth guys.

I can imagine districts in larger cities may not provide the same connection with legislators as the more rural ones do when there seems you run into them at the grocery store or JD dealer getting parts. We had a couple Dems get replaced, but we were lucky in that those Dems were actually very receptive and often times were more conservative in their ideologies than some Repubs.

lunk, if people have the balls to sign their name to bad rep I got no issue with them or them giving bad rep. so I don;t bother to share it.

If people sign their bad rep, I will actually give it some thought.......anonymous bad rep not at all, so it really is a waste of their time even though it may make them feel good. Pretty simple.

Guess things that really don't accomplish anything but make you feel good are important too.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do get time Wags, good on you, but don't let anyone persuade you your emails and letters don't matter. I've gotten enough feed back over the years to know better. I've had head of departments contact me about emails I've sent that were forwarded to them from legislators. That speaks volumes that if the legislator didn't have the answer they went the extra step to get it.

exactly.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old man you are full of sh$t better do some reflection becuase either you have dementia or being dishonest. Either way I know which one is true...Carry on gst you know you will...

For the record gst I agree with yur opinions majority of times but when you bring up this negative rep bull sh$t. It really brings out your true intentions which is you are looking for the validity of your confrontational response by screaming victim.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
eye actual testimonies have always tipped the scales more than other contacts, sometimes I have to scratch my head on the outcome of bills one would think is a no brainer. So do we quit the representative governing process because of it? Do we use that as an excuse not to participate in how we are governed? Do we justify away our ability to be involved in the creation of the laws that govern us? Hell why bother even voting in elections.

Sure I have been a bit jaded in the past when certain bills I supported failed (even though ag controls the legislature) :::but we all make choices whether we want to continue to try and be involved or make excuses why we are not.

Whine about how futile participation is if you want, whine about how legislators never listen and it is a waste of time, whine about how you have no time to take to participate it's certainly your choice.

Thread: Trespass Bill
You think know the world is here to serve you.

Whiney ass unsigned negative rep.......... why don;t people have the balls to sign their negative rep?
the problem with that argument in this particular case is that a rep from a transportation organization (possibly from out of state) had more influence than numerous constituents. That's a load of BS. We need to remove these scum bags from office when they pull shit like that. Drain the swamp. Electing this governor was the start of the draining process. Now we have to get the locals to pull their heads out of their asses and elect some decent people.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old man you are full of sh$t better do some reflection becuase either you have dementia or being dishonest. Either way I know which one is true...Carry on gst you know you will...

For the record gst I agree with yur opinions majority of times but when you bring up this negative rep bull sh$t. It really brings out your true intentions which is you are looking for the validity of your confrontational response by screaming victim.

Take GST's post into context Lunk........he posts about the unsigned neg rep then 2 minutes later wstnodak shows up with his post....coincidence?
Looks like he's posted 13 times on this site. 12 of them hit and run cheap shots on GST..........
http://nodakangler.com/forums/search.php?searchid=884156

The guy has mental issues

Do you really think that is what the neg rep system is designed for?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take GST's post into context Lunk........he posts about the unsigned neg rep then 2 minutes later wstnodak shows up with his post....coincidence?
Looks like he's posted 13 times on this site. 12 of them hit and run cheap shots on GST..........
http://nodakangler.com/forums/search.php?searchid=884156

The guy has mental issues

Do you really think that is what the neg rep system is designed for?

It doesn't really matter what I think about the rep system is for anymore. It is easier to just ignore someone than it is to acknowledge you got one it would be a different story if gst would give a heads up to those who gave him a positive rep for a good post. "Hey thanks to those who gave me a positive rep for that comment thanks whoever you are." gst

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18