Founding Member
Founding Member
If this passes, there will be many "sportsmen" that will need to learn how to:

1. Drive into a operating farm yard
2. Get out of their vehicle
3. Introduce themselves to a stranger
4. Shake another mans hand
5. Not be a jackwagon
6. Have a short conversation, learn to understand the challenges of a rural/farming lifestyle and respect it.
7. Say thank-you sincerely
8. Leave something in better shape than when you got their
8. Do something nice for a person in return
9. Build relationships
10. Learn to say "I understand, thanks for your time" when you don't get the answer you want.

:) I hope that coyote don't starve to death waiting for me.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

5. Not be a jackwagon
6. Have a short conversation, learn to understand the challenges of a rural/farming lifestyle and respect it.
9. Build relationships
10. Learn to say "I understand, thanks for your time" when you don't get the answer you want.
Or start buying land for your personal hunting. I think that would happen far more frequently if this passes. Which would be a good thing. Those people would grow grass and food plots etc. Bring back some of the lost cover from CRP going out.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

5. Not be a jackwagon
9. Build relationships

You still have this option now.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a lot of stealth going on to pull one on us. I notice some say they don't care either way, and some that say they hope it doesn't pass then go on to make an argument for the bill. What's with that? Trespass bills are aimed at hunters, protesters are just this year's soup DE jour (excuse of the day).

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or start buying land for your personal hunting. I think that would happen far more frequently if this passes. Which would be a good thing. Those people would grow grass and food plots etc. Bring back some of the lost cover from CRP going out.

How is the crp doing up there most of ours is blown in and waist deep?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a lot of stealth going on to pull one on us. I notice some say they don't care either way, and some that say they hope it doesn't pass then go on to make an argument for the bill. What's with that? Trespass bills are aimed at hunters, protesters are just this year's soup DE jour (excuse of the day).

A little honesty and truth plainsman..........perhaps that soup of the day is foreign to you.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
CRP???? I have not seen any for some time. I guess there area a few small spots here and there. Maybe out west there is more.

We had a lot put in this year with the new programs the only good thing is the weeds were about 8 ft high so there is some cover left i the new stuff. It held huge amounts of birds early but was thick

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a lot put in this year with the new programs the only good thing is the weeds were about 8 ft high so there is some cover left i the new stuff. It held huge amounts of birds early but was thick

Well that's some good news. A little brightness in the day. Thanks.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

This is what I have been talking about. If you as a sportsmen go to testify at the sub committee hearing, do "not" repeat PG's line: "Trespass Bills are aimed at hunters." .......That's divisive.

Sportsmen should present their case, but not turn it into us sportsmen against everyone else. That is what I mean by circling the wagons and then shooting inward.

cpete00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't like this bill at all. I have some land that is pretty good for deer and pheasants and the only time I post it is for the first week of deer season or if I happen to be around for couple days of pheasants. When my signs aren't up, I really don't care to be bothered, which is most of the season. When they are up in tend to get 3 or 4 phone calls a day on the weekends, all this bill is going to do is make sure I get those phone calls for 4 months. I am an absentee owner and have a job and work most weekends, so most of those calls are going to come while I am at work or they will be early in the morning or late in the evening when I really don't want to take calls.

As far as it being a pain to put signs up, it's not. Granted, I only 5 quarters, but I can take care of all of it in less than two beers. I made sign holders out of capped pvc that slide right over a t-post, bought nice orange plastic signs. Works great.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what I have been talking about. If you as a sportsmen go to testify at the sub committee hearing, do "not" repeat PG's line: "Trespass Bills are aimed at hunters." .......That's divisive.

It is aimed at hunters, but that 's not the line I would give either. I would hit all aspects. I wish there was a state that went that way recently because then we would have some data on how many hunters we loose.

We will loose a number of hunters.
We will loose resident and non resident both which will hurt the motels and restaurants.
It will cause landowners to have many more hunters coming in their yard.
It will cause some loss of ag support when bills come up that benefit them (for those that hate measures the no sales tax for farm equipment comes to mind)
Vehicle sales of 4X4 will drop off
Sporting good stores will loose income
The list goes on and on.
Talk to a law enforcement officer of any kind and I predict we will see more trespass.

Someone mentioned the law enforcement treating the protestors with kid gloves. Like the gov employees many complain about look to the politicians again. Employees and law enforcement follow the rules set down by those we elect. Don't hate the wrong people.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG wrote,

Someone mentioned the law enforcement treating the protestors with kid gloves. Like the gov employees many complain about look to the politicians again. Employees and law enforcement follow the rules set down by those we elect. Don't hate the wrong people.
The people are writing this Bill. They are going to testify on this Bill. The politicians weigh those testimonies and then give the people the laws they demand. I cannot follow your lead PG and hate/fault the politicians.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
poll: how many people are going to go to testify or contact their legislator or complain on NDA? I have no dog in this just is interesting when these type of things happens it always seems there are a lot of people who say stuff but never act on it

- - - Updated - - -

isn't any

if there was would it be buried?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cannot follow your lead PG and hate/fault the politicians.

Of course you can't that's why you hate the BLM and don't fault the politicians. Obama just declared a new wilderness area. Evidently that's the fault of the Forest Service. You complain about Obama today, but ten years from now you will have forgot him and blame the employees working in the field doing what they are told to do by politicians. All the things you have complained about all goes back to the politicians. EPA, BLM, Forest Service etc all go back to politicians doing what people tell them to. The problem is Fritz on a national scale the people don't want what you do. I don't like a lot of it either, but I know where to put the blame.

Just so I'm not mixed up here your against this bill right? It's confusing me because it sounds like you like it.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
poll: how many people are going to go to testify or contact their legislator or complain on NDA?

I will be contacting on this and other issues as they come.....session just started yesterday I believe??

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of course you can't that's why you hate the BLM and don't fault the politicians. Obama just declared a new wilderness area. Evidently that's the fault of the Forest Service. You complain about Obama today, but ten years from now you will have forgot him and blame the employees working in the field doing what they are told to do by politicians. All the things you have complained about all goes back to the politicians. EPA, BLM, Forest Service etc all go back to politicians doing what people tell them to. The problem is Fritz on a national scale the people don't want what you do. I don't like a lot of it either, but I know where to put the blame.

Just so I'm not mixed up here your against this bill right? It's confusing me because it sounds like you like it.

So the politicians come up with the ideas them selves or is it people who give them ideas? Lets not muddy the water for once and stay on topic this is relating to this and the state.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG wrote,

I'm torn. Why don't you come to the Capitol and testify? The Hearing should be with the Natural Resources Committee. You will need to convince them. I'll watch. If you can dazzle them with your bullshit and win it, I'll buy steak supper and drinks.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
It is aimed at hunters, but that 's not the line I would give either. I would hit all aspects. I wish there was a state that went that way recently because then we would have some data on how many hunters we loose.

We will loose a number of hunters.
We will loose resident and non resident both which will hurt the motels and restaurants.
It will cause landowners to have many more hunters coming in their yard.
It will cause some loss of ag support when bills come up that benefit them (for those that hate measures the no sales tax for farm equipment comes to mind)
Vehicle sales of 4X4 will drop off
Sporting good stores will loose income
The list goes on and on.
Talk to a law enforcement officer of any kind and I predict we will see more trespass.

You forgot feedlots being built in river bottoms so spring floods carry away the manure, farmers beginning to grow poppies as a cash crop and CWD decimating the deer herds so hunting as we know it ends...................all less than Nostradomus type predictions you made over other issues that have not happened......;:;rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

plains, why not go testify if you truly believe this bill will impact in the manner you list? Those are substantial claims you make that should be important enough for you to go testify about. Do you not care enough to go have your voice heard? It is a painless process. It is the foundation of our elected representative form of govt. How can you hold politicians accountable if you are not willing to participate in the process yourself?

A bit of advice though, don;t start off your testimonies with the predictable "perverts" and "money worshipers" rhetoric we constantly hear on here. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a link to your legislators by district( their bios tell you what connections they have to ag so one can easily figure out that there are relatively feww legislators directly connected to ag, seriously take the time to go thru and see, it might well disspell that predictable claim during discussion of legislative issues)

Their emails are included so is rather easy to contact them. Emails are good, phone calls are good, but there is nothing like being in the room giving ones personal testimonies in a short, concise, factual manner. If something is that important to someone, should partpating in the legislative process not be as important as taking a day off from work to go fishing?

Do not assume others will show up. Last session after talking with legislators about Common Core I assumed there would be a full house against it, there was only a very few people that showed up to testify against it. Our legislators said they were equally surprised but listened to those that were there in which most that testified were in favor.

The Founders knew that unless We the people accepted our responsibility to be informed and involved in the representative form of govt they created what plainsman talks about regarding politicians would happen, it is simple human nature. So is it truly the politicians fault or is it the fault of those that whine and bitch but don;t show up?

http://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/63-2013/members/members-by-district

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23