Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 100 74.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 25.4%

• Total voters

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20241022-172236_Chrome.jpg

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you like paying insane amount of property taxes, vote no. If you are voting no because you are afraid the elected officials aren't capable of doing their job without taxes coming from property. I would think twice about that line of thinking. Or just keep getting blackmailed.

TWN

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some more fodder.
IMG_2325.jpeg
do you guys even read this shit you post ? "Gotta pass the bill before we see what's in the bill" sound familiar? All of the things you say can replace property tax are currently things that are producing property tax. beyond words right now

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
do you guys even read this shit you post ? "Gotta pass the bill before we see what's in the bill" sound familiar? All of the things you say can replace property tax are currently things that are producing property tax. beyond words right now
Jeezus....pretty sure I posted something about sales tax...wait is that a property tax? I may be losing it at my age....the bill leaves it open to your genius locals to decide how to proceed........this post references how a local govt may choose to do it..Hopefully not though...

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't read through much of anything on here.

Biggest Question I have.....(Has it been answered here?) is where are they planning to make up the lost revenue from the properties no longer taxed?
They need to start to cut the budget and not worry about making up the "revenue." Imo the term government and revenue shouldn't exist.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So average is estimated at about $39 an hour.......as stated is it worth dealing with parents?
You are also figuring 40hours my wife’s mom taught for 30 years and she was closer to 50. Her day was usually 7-5 and this was teaching first graders. That’s not taking into account grading papers at home and writing lesson plans on the weekends. Now I don’t know if that’s the norm or she was an exception but I know she put in a lot more than 40 hours a week.

The real money is being in administration but than again you get to deal with parents all the time and trying to keep litter boxes out of the bathrooms and all that shit.

I could have saved North Dakota a cool million don’t put a round about at Ft Yates with 1 foot of colored concrete in each approach. There is no doubt that govt is so wasteful being on the construction side of it I see it every day.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife was a school teacher. With parent/teacher conferences, after school meetings, grading papers at night, prepping for classes, she was working at least 50 hours a week.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this was limited to one home per family , I'd be more inclined to sway my vote but this sounds like a developers dream come true. For me it boils down to what I'd like to see my area of the state end up to be 20-30 years down the road. Or for that matter 2 years from now. Growing up driving the back roads I knew almost every one of our neighbors now days not so much . I like my elbow room and I stand to gain a very small savings % wise across the board of the whole tax base. If this passes I'm guessing we will see land values go up and an influx of out of staters who have been dreaming of a feasible way out of the city life rat race.

I asked my boys and they both said it too poorly worded. One of them lives in town and pays 20K including specials. I thought that was pretty level headed thinking. The other lives out in the country and pays 1/4 that.
Wording can be fixed by legislature... Hell they might do like they did with medical and rewrite the whole thing, but at least if this passes, the message will be sent loud and clear, something needs to change.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm hearing those against it are the ones in charge of Legacy Fund. HMM???? I'm voting yes now. ND spends more than SD somehow.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm hearing those against it are the ones in charge of Legacy Fund. HMM???? I'm voting yes now. ND spends more than SD somehow.
I think those against it are brainwashed by the people and politicians that like the state having so much extra money to spend mostly.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think those against it are brainwashed by the people and politicians that like the state having so much extra money to spend mostly.
Its the beaten woman syndrome, I don't want to be beaten, but if he stops, he might not love me anymore.

When the authorities step in to stop the beating the woman begs them to leave her man alone, he didn't mean it, he is a good guy, I caused these beatings, it was my fault,... please keep taking exorbitant amounts of my income to keep these fucking raping taxes going, as who will beat my ass otherwise...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 368
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57