Trespass Bill

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
The trespassing that is going on right now with snowmobiles gives all the more support to this bill. The sheriff's depts. and game wardens take many calls on this issue. Lots of rude people out there with sleds that think they own the country side. One of the biggest problems is running over small trees, disturbing wildlife and cutting fences.

I have a snowmobile track along the front of my house, mainly in the ditch. No big deal until the person to go up on the inside. I think they ran within 5 ft of a double row of evergreens 1ft tall and under snow right now. Pull the markers out late summer as I know where the trees are so didn't need them marked........... If they run over 50 trees, I will be one pissed off dude. (and yes, I have posted signs up... I don't want some jack wagon seeing a deer from the road and blasting away while I have kids that might be in the yard. Already had one close call with a youth out hunting. That neighbor never did answer the phone or the door of his house.)

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So let me get this straight, you want to pass more laws in hopes of eliminating activity that is already illegal and you have failed to prosecute?
Makes a ton of sense.
that would be just like passing more gun laws because we don't prosecute under the current laws.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Less wanting to burn this bitch down than just simply tired of it. I could tell you stories that if happened to some of those opposing this bill that would likely make them support it. When you have people standing at the end of trees 100 yards from your house shooting up them at a deer standing not 80 feet from the house your parents are in.............Ya maybe I should call the sheriif/warden, but not really that kinda person.

If you have taken the time and effort to create habitat and a place that is nice for you and your family and friends to hunt, others simply can;t leave it alone..........often times it is those same fellas that claim the wildlife is their property........:D

Will this bill help....probably not ...........maybe so. Not enough for me to support it.

If it passes it will be because of a few attitudes like have been seen on here.

I have seen the same issues and it seems you cant fix stupid when joe blow has deer tag or is pheasant hunting. It comes down to respecting private land and its owner and some have no respect but plenty of entitlement. I have a rancher friend that took his ole pickup and made a few hotlaps in a frequent trespassers yard in town and then sat on the driveway and until the coward came out of the house. The violator threatened to press charges for damages and the rancher brought forth the illegal trespass and illegally shooting a deer on his property and violator dropped his charges. By all means you as a farmer/rancher need to report folks that violating trespass and especially hunting with in 440 yds. It is the only way to keep that dog from stealing eggs from the chicken coop.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Less wanting to burn this bitch down than just simply tired of it. I could tell you stories that if happened to some of those opposing this bill that would likely make them support it. When you have people standing at the end of trees 100 yards from your house shooting up them at a deer standing not 80 feet from the house your parents are in.............Ya maybe I should call the sheriif/warden, but not really that kinda person.
I understand and can respect that. Sometimes dumb kids make mistakes. What your describing is a personal call. If the guy apologizes and feels foolish I would handle it like you. If he called me names and was an ass I would call the sheriff or warden. Every situation is different. Hats off for your being thoughtful, but don't let the really bad people off this easy. Like it was mentioned we are a problem if we don't stop these people. Some just need their mistake pointed out, some need a judge to point it out to them.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
hmm, I have only heard one snowmobile this winter. probably too damn cold here to ride em. or everybody goes to the mountains. saw one lone track in the ditch along highway two west of williston couple days ago. I'm sure it's not the same in other parts. In regards to the bill, if they pass this they better bring a bill to fund the G&F via the general fund then.

There is plenty around rural Burleigh county. The state parks and rec even grooms trails for them which I don't mind. It is just some punks think they can drive them anywhere they want and when the sheriff deputy catches them they are going to have a nice fine. I have it narrowed down to few homeowners after doing some recon yesterday. They drive right around posted signs through trees, on top of trees, and over fences. These people usually have 1 acre lot and want to recreate on everyone else's property.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is plenty around rural Burleigh county. The state parks and rec even grooms trails for them which I don't mind. It is just some punks think they can drive them anywhere they want and when the sheriff deputy catches them they are going to have a nice fine. I have it narrowed down to few homeowners after doing some recon yesterday. They drive right around posted signs through trees, on top of trees, and over fences. These people usually have 1 acre lot and want to recreate on everyone else's property.
this has been going on since they were first made. I don't think anything has or ever will change.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
this has been going on since they were first made. I don't think anything has or ever will change.

until my dumbass buddy when we were 13 forgot to fuel up the 1974 artic cat cheeta and we ran out of gas out running the cops on the big sioux river in watertown. Boy that was a lesson i wont soon forget almost 24 years ago to the day.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
lots of productive and unproductive stuff in one thread. thanks for the legislature links. please voice your concerns in a respectful manner. after all... its their land and there are valid concerns from both sides.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I contacted my Senator and encouraged him to vote no on this bill. I encourage others to do the same regardless of your support or opposition to this bill.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
PrairieGhost said,

Fritz will you be lobbying for this bill? How much Black Label will that take?

Nope, but I may be a spectator. What I said was, if you Plains, come to the Capitol and testify and your testimony is so over the top that you win it, I will buy you a steak dinner and drinks. I'm entirely safe that won't happen. ;)

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
PrairieGhost said,

Nope, but I may be a spectator. What I said was, if you Plains, come to the Capitol and testify and your testimony is so over the top that you win it, I will buy you a steak dinner and drinks. I'm entirely safe that won't happen. ;)
sounds like your saying the decision on this bill has already been made.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye, some of you guys always read more into it than what is there.

Plainsman never goes to the Capitol or public forums or out in public. I'm teasing/prodding him to come out of his hidey hole and physically drive to Bismarck. I'd like to meet the dumb shit.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
What a prick.

You really shouldn;t be so hard on plainsman jimmy, just because he turns down offers to meet people have a steak dinner and a drink or two and get to know them but continues to make unfounded accusations about them doesn't mean he is a prick.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bump

If you have not contacted your Representatives yet on this bill, please take the 5-10 minutes to draft an email or better yet make a call or testify and voice your opinion on this issue. The links below will take you to where you need to go. North Dakota is 95% privately owned, this bill will greatly affect sportsmens/womens ability to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. This bill will do NOTHING to stop those who criminally trespass, especially snowmobilers.

http://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/65-...rs-by-district

This link will take you to a page where you can send your reps a message at the same time. Thanks for providing that Guywhofishes

https://www.legis.nd.gov/lcn/assembl...tormessage.htm

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard back from one of my reps within hours. the other two it's been two days and nothing. don't anticipate hearing anything from them. those two are old entrenched reps that have been there forever. of course I hear back from the new guy right away lol. not surprising.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
read a comment someone posted regarding this bill I thought was both amusing and true.

"Have those that want to allow hunting put up signs, bet those wouldn't get shot up or drove over."

- - - Updated - - -

Say just out of curiousity if this bill were to pass, how many people on here would be willing each year to go out and put up signs on all four corners of every quarter of a farmers land you have permission to hunt on that was never posted that it is open to public hunting?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
2-3 feet of snow, wends. next wk, holy protest shit, [I smelt it the other day], very bad,

The Corps land belongs to everyone and we have a right to walk about on it. But not camp, make a mess or set up structures even if they are temporary. The Corps or fed/gov did not enforce the law allowing the encampments to grow. (thanks Obama) In the , "WELL THIS IS GOING TO GET INTERESTING THREAD" not one of us here supported that.

The protesters did not confine themselves only to the Corps land and things spilled over to private land. Not just landowners but all people living in the area felt unsafe........... This is their Bill.

This may be the most hotly contested Bill this session. Going to need the Brynhild Haugland room.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34