Trespass Bill

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What? A person may enter posted land to retrieve game where he had a lawful fight to hunt? No kidding. What genius wrote this. Tell me there is really no one this stupid. Now you can enter posted land to retrieve game where you don't have permission to hunt. Leave your gun behind. Maybe better video. Having a half dozen witnesses would make it safer. Call the warden first.

You lost me here PG.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
is this current legislation you are quoting?

From one of the legislative link provided a few pages back unless it has just recently been changed.

It will not make you a felon to lose your 2nd amendment rights. Fake news...........

http://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/65-2017/documents/17-0902-01000.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

I keep forgetting I'm talking to someone who doesn't understand the English language. Read it over. I am saying coyote hunting makes me like staying in North Dakota. If this bill passes then I will go where I can hunt. If I leave the state the money I did spend will be gone. We accuse liberals of twisting words, but gst you put many of them to shame. Read it again and tell me what it says.
Rosie

O'Donnell said Hillary getting elected would make her like staying in the US. She said if Donald J Trump got elected she would go somewhere else.

Like I said you two seem to have a bit in common. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I keep forgetting I'm talking to someone who doesn't understand the English language. .

Well............okay then.......

- - - Updated - - -

What? A person may enter posted land to retrieve game where he had a lawful fight to hunt? No kidding. What genius wrote this. Tell me there is really no one this stupid. Now you can enter posted land to retrieve game where you don't have permission to hunt. Leave your gun behind. Maybe better video. Having a half dozen witnesses would make it safer. Call the warden first.

When private land may be entered.An individual may enter upon private land to recover game shot or killed on land where the individual had a lawful right to hunt

Nothing will change plains, it is actually language from the old law written in plain English you seem not to understand. :;:imwithstupid

if you have permission to hunt land under this new law and you shoot something and it runs onto land you have not yet gotten permission to hunt on you may still retreive your game without that permission legally. sorry you did not understand the English language enough to catch that.....or care enough to actually click on the links that have been provided to learn for yourself what the bill you are arguing against actually says.........................

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't a "new" law, it is a rewrite of current law.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
From one of the legislative link provided a few pages back unless it has just recently been changed.

It will not make you a felon to lose your 2nd amendment rights. Fake news...........

- - - Updated - - -

Rosie

O'Donnell said Hillary getting elected would make her like staying in the US. She said if Donald J Trump got elected she would go somewhere else.

Like I said you two seem to have a bit in common. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Well............okay then.......

- - - Updated - - -

When private land may be entered.An individual may enter upon private land to recover game shot or killed on land where the individual had a lawful right to hunt

plains nothing will change, it is actually language from the old law you reference. if you have permission to hunt land under this new law and you shoot something and it runs onto land you have not yet gotten permission to hunt on you may still retreive your game without that permission legally. sorry you did not understand the English language enough to catch that.....or care enough to actually click on the links that have been provided to learn for yourself what the bill you are arguing against actually says.........................

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't a "new" law, it is a rewrite of current law.
here is the bill. it makes it a class C felony. therefore you will loose your second amendment rights. http://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/65-2017/documents/17-0902-01000.pdf

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
eye, you were talking hunting. go to the hunting portion of the bill. No felonies for hunting trespass.

What you don;t seem to understand is that is the current language in our law regarding the Class C Felony penalty for trespass into a "dwelling" such as your home. This bill does not change that it has always been a Class C felony for years. .

The only changes are what is crossed out and rewritten as identified by being underscored.

- - - Updated - - -

A BILL for an Act to amend and reenact sections 12.1-22-03, 20.1-01-18, 20.1-01-19, and20.1-01-20 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to criminal trespass and hunting onprivate land; and to repeal section 20.1-01-17 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to theposting of lands.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF NORTH DAKOTA:

SECTION 1. AMENDMENT. Section 12.1-22-03 of the North Dakota Century Code isamended and reenacted as follows:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think anybody needs to do that to understand the intent of this law

So what do you think the "intent" of this law is?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leave shi'ite alone!:mad:

A study of fighter jets in 'Nam proves my point. And again we're on the "no dogfight" kick. A paperless govt/military is another fine example. You'd damn well better have a printed hard copy. Our predecessors were not fools and Mrs. Clintong is a perfect example.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
eye, you were talking hunting. go to the hunting portion of the bill. No felonies for hunting trespass.

What you don;t seem to understand is that is the current language in our law regarding the Class C Felony penalty for trespass into a "dwelling" such as your home. This bill does not change that it has always been a Class C felony for years. .

The only changes are what is crossed out and rewritten as identified by being underscored.

- - - Updated - - -

A BILL for an Act to amend and reenact sections 12.1-22-03, 20.1-01-18, 20.1-01-19, and20.1-01-20 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to criminal trespass and hunting onprivate land; and to repeal section 20.1-01-17 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to theposting of lands.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF NORTH DAKOTA:

SECTION 1. AMENDMENT. Section 12.1-22-03 of the North Dakota Century Code isamended and reenacted as follows:

- - - Updated - - -

So what do you think the "intent" of this law is?
bottom line is the intent of the law is to make everyone ask for permission to enter land no matter what the situation is. and once again, this is going to cause a lot of unexpected consequences. but I've come to the conclusion there is going to have to be an all out war with the ag/livestock industry/land owners sooner or later so I guess now is as good a time as any. G & F will have to be funded by the legislature. Soon as corporate farming bill is toasted you will see a shit pile of non-resident, well to do people, buy up a bunch of land and convert it to habitat for hunting. there will be a major rift between sportsmen and land owners, which I'm guessing will cause a lot of damage to farmers/ranchers personal property, etc. This is going to be a no win for everybody and nothing will change in the way of how they handle protestors trespassing. there are plenty of laws right now to arrest/convict them on but apparently there needs to be a feel good law that will harm everybody. that'll come with a severe price.

Last edited:

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like it would be easier just to poach deer. Game & Fish has a horrible batting average at catching anyone. Even lower at convicting anyone.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My gawd it was hard not to put a CB in an ear at night when they came to eat the pheasant's sunflower seeds under the girl's window. I even went as far as conditioning to garage door noise. In truth, what stopped me was lack of processing area and equipment.

- - - Updated - - -

My gawd it was hard not to put a CB in an ear at night when they came to eat the pheasant's sunflower seeds under the girl's window. I even went as far as conditioning to garage door noise. In truth, what stopped me was lack of processing area and equipment.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

You lost me here PG.

I am saying I feel safe leaving my gun behind to retrieve game now, but with this law I wouldn't trust anyone. If I was going on land to retrieve game with this law I would worry about the guy who gave me permission saying he did not to keep his neighbor happy. I think you better have written permission. Not a bad idea to video the retrieve. Not a bad idea to have witnesses.

This will not stop protesters, but it will make it easier to prosecute innocent hunters.
I hate posting with a phone. It changes words.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG,

I see what you're saying and it effed my mind with paradox. How about this?:

HYPOTHETICAL: An individual legally wounding game on authorized (permission or ownership) land is permitted to trespass unarmed for retrieval. It is recommended though not required to contact the landowner before retrieval. Retrieval WILL be unarmed (firearm, bow, crossbow, spear, etc) and game must be returned to authorized boundaries before field dressing unless otherwise approved by the property owner.
In the intent of this law, knives do not deem the individual armed.
HYPOTHETICAL

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
bottom line is the intent of the law is to make everyone ask for permission to enter land no matter what the situation is. and once again, this is going to cause a lot of unexpected consequences. but I've come to the conclusion there is going to have to be an all out war with the ag/livestock industry/land owners sooner or later so I guess now is as good a time as any.

Ah yes eye I suggest leading off with that at your testimony...........Jeesh.

G & F will have to be funded by the legislature. Soon as corporate farming bill is toasted you will see a shit pile of non-resident, well to do people, buy up a bunch of land and convert it to habitat for hunting.

please explain why the overturning of the anti corporate farming law will suddenly jump start this over any other time??

there will be a major rift between sportsmen and land owners, which I'm guessing will cause a lot of damage to farmers/ranchers personal property, etc.

Good closing line maybe with the threat and al..........

This is going to be a no win for everybody and nothing will change in the way of how they handle protestors trespassing. there are plenty of laws right now to arrest/convict them on but apparently there needs to be a feel good law that will harm everybody. that'll come with a severe price.

my guess is someone with a legal expertise greater than yours or mine was involved in the subtle changes made to the first portions of this law to better deal with issues that arose from the protest.

Given the track record you have in discussing this bill of being incorrect on most every claim you have made about it, I would wager even if this passes we will not see juvenile snowflake hunters burning combines in the fields.

But hey, thanks for a little insight into the attitudes behind why this bill surfaces every so often. ;:;banghead

- - - Updated - - -

I am saying I feel safe leaving my gun behind to retrieve game now, but with this law I wouldn't trust anyone. If I was going on land to retrieve game with this law I would worry about the guy who gave me permission saying he did not to keep his neighbor happy. I think you better have written permission. Not a bad idea to video the retrieve. Not a bad idea to have witnesses.

This will not stop protesters, but it will make it easier to prosecute innocent hunters.
I hate posting with a phone. It changes words.

plains

lay off the Ensure, it is making you paranoid.

- - - Updated - - -

You know guys there are some common sense reasons to voice in opposition of this bill without all the stupid boogey man fake news bullshit. The main one being without increased penalties on the hunting portion it really won't make it any more of a deterent.

Hopefully people are a little better informed and prepared if they go speak against this bill.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they should go ahead and pass it. They deserve the results. Sometimes some of life's lessons are extremely painful lol.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we should repeal the no sales tax for landowners. I was dumb enough to vote for it, but then I was always dumb enough to use the beef check off also. Everyone else pays sales tax. Isn't it time to be responsible citizens? Carry the weight like everyone else. You should have no say in how it's spent if you don't pay in.

Last edited:

BAW

PrairieGhost,
What is this no sales tax that your speaking about? I've never herd of this.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
PrairieGhost,
What is this no sales tax that your speaking about? I've never herd of this.
If a farmer goes into Tractor Supply, Home of Economy, Fleet Farm etc he doesn't pay sales tax on most of the things in there. He buys a new tractor he pays no sales tax, he buys a new air seeder he pays no sales tax. If he buys clothing at Home of Economy he pays no sales tax. I went into Fleet Farm and bought Temp mosquito spray. The check out was not going to charge me sales tax. I asked no sales tax here. She said do you live in the country? I said yes. She said then you don't pay sales tax if you farm. I said I don't farm. She said oh, then you pay sales tax.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6