Trespass Bill

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
These threads always turn into BS because of 2-3 posters on each side. There are plenty more who do not resort to the petty BS but they get lost in the convo by the vocal minority just like everything else in life.

This bill will pass or fail depending on those who voice their concerns with their legislators, not because of what a few asshats post on a website. Make your voice known by contacting your legislators.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would guess the attacks on land owners are seen by more than some would like to admit. It's not a good look if you want them on your side

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
If a farmer goes into Tractor Supply, Home of Economy, Fleet Farm etc he doesn't pay sales tax on most of the things in there. He buys a new tractor he pays no sales tax, he buys a new air seeder he pays no sales tax. If he buys clothing at Home of Economy he pays no sales tax. I went into Fleet Farm and bought Temp mosquito spray. The check out was not going to charge me sales tax. I asked no sales tax here. She said do you live in the country? I said yes. She said then you don't pay sales tax if you farm. I said I don't farm. She said oh, then you pay sales tax.
Thanks Prarieghost, I was not aware that if I bought anything at TSC,Home of Economy or Fleet farm I didn't have to pay sales tax I've been farming for 41 yrs. Boy did I screw up! I've thrown a lot of money away. I am against this trespass bill. But I am still an evil farmer, in your eyes.

Last edited:

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
If a farmer goes into Tractor Supply, Home of Economy, Fleet Farm etc he doesn't pay sales tax on most of the things in there. He buys a new tractor he pays no sales tax, he buys a new air seeder he pays no sales tax. If he buys clothing at Home of Economy he pays no sales tax. I went into Fleet Farm and bought Temp mosquito spray. The check out was not going to charge me sales tax. I asked no sales tax here. She said do you live in the country? I said yes. She said then you don't pay sales tax if you farm. I said I don't farm. She said oh, then you pay sales tax.

What a bunch of lies. Your so wrong about farmers not paying sales tax on NEW equipment. There is sales tax on new equipment, its used equipment that there is no sales tax.

Since when have stores not charged sales tax to farmers? Would you like to see some receipts where I've been charged sales tax?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.nd.gov/tax/data/upfiles/media/gl-21814.pdf. This is a list of things exempt from sales tax. I see why the clerk at Fleet Farm said I didn't need to pay sales tax on an insecticide.

What was the farm sales tax exemption we voted on years ago? If I am wrong about that I certainly want to know if I screwed up.

NDBowman I place much credability in what you say.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
plains likes to make claims then kinda ignore answering for them when they prove not true. The trouble is when you are actually standing in front of legislators testifying and make claims that are not factual or untrue often times you will get questioned on them. You can;t just pull crap out of your ass because you think people are to stupid to know better.

PG worked for the Federal govt, it seems "We" have been pretty good to him when it comes to sales tax exemptions.......;)

1. Federal Government: Sales of tangible personal property or providing a taxable service directly for the United StatesGovernment or its agencies, departments or instrumentalities are not subject to sales tax. Sales, for example, to a UnitedStates Post Offi ce, a United States Veteran’s Hospital, United States Army Engineers and similar agencies are exempt.

Actually plains out of your list there are 5 areas out of 22 identified for agriculture. It would seem that "we" here in ND have been pretty good to others like yourself. And if you add in the conditional exemptions there are another 16 exemptions that are non ag specific.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

Yet from plainsmans/PG's own link..........facts that show his claim to be false.

New farmmachinery used exclusively for agricultural purposes is subject to the 3% North Dakota farm machinery gross receipts tax;and used farm machinery for agricultural purposes is exempt from the gross receipts tax.

#$%^&>
credibilityJ

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
New farmmachinery used exclusively for agricultural purposes is subject to the 3% North Dakota farm machinery gross receipts tax;
What was the sales tax thing we voted on in the 1980s? Was it on this reduced sales tax? More info please.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes I did notice they were not. My first mistake was taking someone's word for it. I will check further. I would appreciate if anyone can point me in the direction of best information.

Over Christmas I did most of my shopping in Home of Economy. $800 plus worth of muck boots and chore hats and work gloves. Was charged a 7.5% sales tax which includes the 5% state sales tax plus Ward County and Minot City sales tax on everything but the parts.

Maybe my Mycogen Seed jacket along with my scotch cap and the other vet supplies and parts I purchased as well did not give the clerk the idea I was a farmer..................although the conversation I had with a friend at the counter about cleaning the snow out of our feedlot pens should have given her a clue.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the sales tax thing we voted on in the 1980s? Was it on this reduced sales tax? More info please.

plains, if you are the one making claims on here should it not be you seeking the "info" before you make the claim? ;:;banghead
#$%^&>
credibility

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

Really they only need 1 constituent asking for it. So yes they are doing their job.

You know better then that gabe. I suppose because you bitch about something that makes it true every where too right?

petty BS?

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yet from plainsmans/PG's own link..........facts that show his claim to be false.

New farmmachinery used exclusively for agricultural purposes is subject to the 3% North Dakota farm machinery gross receipts tax;and used farm machinery for agricultural purposes is exempt from the gross receipts tax.

#$%^&>
credibilityJ

this is even sketchy... i sell equipment for a living and an excavator, even if used in this manner, does not qualify...

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
One time I asked a farmer permission to hunt geese. Yes. No need to get out there too early, got this plan A sowed up right. Wrong, another party asked the dad who didn't know his son had given me permission. The other party got there first.

Good thing we had scouted more fields and had plan B and C. Not posted. We hunted. This is one of those scenarios where if all land is considered posted we would have been screwed because I had not contacted landowners B and C thinking I had a solid plan A. Much too early in the morning to start calling B or C.

Can't say I'm for this Bill. Another thought that occurred to me. The persons who drafted this Bill to address what is happening at Cannon Ball wrote a "no trespassing Bill". I don't believe they are anti-sportsmen anti-hunting.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fritz that sounds like you really are not for the bill. When you said you were not, but said anyone in the way would be run over with a train, I took it as you were really for it and rubbing it in our face. Your story was a good example of how best laid plans can get screwed up.

If I could get a coyote to wait for me while I look for the landowner this bill wouldn't be as bad.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
plains, if you took more time to actually read and contemplate what others post rather than predictably being so quick to make claims that are not true, maybe these threads would not go the direction they always seem to.

But since you have not offered an apology to those who read your false claims or even really admitted you were wrong I doubt that will ever happen.

I was having coffee over at Mom and Dads watching the inauguration and afterwards on one of the channels someone mentioned "fake news". Mom says "This political correctness is just stupid, why don't they call "fake news" what it really is......lying."

The greatest generation doesn't put up with any crap.

- - - Updated - - -

For those concerned enough to testify or contact their legislators these bills are often amended and changed before they become law. If sportsmen are truly concerned about why this bill surfaces every so often, perhaps they could encourage their legislators to amend the bill by dropping the changes to have lands considered posted and instead increase the penalties for trespass while hunting.

Loss of hunting privileges for a couple years with reciprocity to other states might be a deterrent.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you loose your privlages Ina state in the wildlife pact you loose it for all of them. There are 40 some in that so just a couple year lose would be a great start

- - - Updated - - -

http://wildlifedepartment.com/laws_regs/violator_compact.htm

- - - Updated - - -

Looks as Nebraska is only none member at this point

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG said,

When you said you were not, but said anyone in the way would be run over with a train, I took it as you were really for it and rubbing it in our face.

When I wrote that statement I had two paragraphs going and one thought. The ND wildlife federation has always led the charge against a trespass Bill. Plains, remember the old glory days on nodakouthouse when you guys had the e-tree. Sportsmen signed up for alerts and were asked to contact their legislator. Whether you want to admit it or not nodakouthouse and the ND wildlife federation were joined at the hip. It was simple, write an email and then let the NDWF lobbyists do the testifying at the Capitol.

But then over the years they started saying stupid shit and trying to involve sportsmen in more stupid shit. A divisive agenda. The current president and past are federal. Including some of the directors. Plainsman worked with those guys. Sportsmen have vacated. The e-tree is dead. Nodakoutdoors is dead. The ND wildlife federation took down their website. They should have as it was full of climate change anti-coal, anti-ag propaganda.

Anyway, I had two paragraphs going and one thought. The first paragraph was about what is written above and the next paragraph should have said, "this is a speeding freight train, if the ND wildlife federation steps in front of it and say more stupid shit they will get flattened."

The legislators know who they are. Always the same faces always claiming they represent sportsmen. Zero traction.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand. Thank you for that explanation.

I am really ticked at myself today. I am normally more sceptical and don't take people's word for things as I did at Fleet Farm and sales tax. It bothers me so much that at our time for self reflection and repentance at church this morning the first thing I thought of was my gullibility which was careless. Trust is good, but blind trust can bite.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1