Trespass Bill

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
All arguments aside, is this bill going to pass?

Most of the hunters I talk to hope it does not. The farmers I talk to it's about a toss up, with smaller farms not wanting it and the very big ones not wanting to post. Local businesses don't want it to pass. It's a tough call. I have a friend with tens of thousands of acres and he doesn't want it because he doesn't want to be bothered. All that land and he only posts the farmstead which includes the grain elevator, grain dryers, plane hangers, and foreman's house.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
plains, sorry to hear about the downturn your son has taken. I will share a prayer as well as some advice. Take some time away from these discussions. They are pretty miniscule compared to family. When your son gets better, take the time to really do some self reflection of what this predictable mantra and stories when ever these issues arise accomplish and if it is truly worth it.

As to whether this bill will pass............I have heard more support this go around than ever before. People are tired of what goes on. Once again it is NOT a "localized" problem. It is talked about among members when ag orgs meet sharing stories of what they experience.

Until some means is figured out to curtail those experiences (which this bill unless amended likely will not) this issue will keep returning until one day it does pass like the three states surrounding us.

I would encourage people to consider that when sharing with their legislators.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pg there are stories to tell by all. You have more than your share of crab and the issues are sometimes hard to deal. Been there and am still there. But I am surprise getting one pregnant got one out of nam.
Gst I will see if that visit can take place this summer. No deal needed just the visit. Hope Madonna stays out so she can keep her promise to me. Will tell the story and if it was worth the wait. At my age probably not so may just skip it. But then the thought is great. Db

Mark Mazaheri

SB2225 will be heard by SenateEnergy and Natural Resources Committee on February 3 at 9am. At least one committee member iscomparing hunters to the lawless DAPL protesters in an attempt to get this billpassed. It is imperative that ND sportsmen show up and ask for a DO NOTPASS from the committee. It’s ananti-hunting/anti-fishing bill that will adversely impact North Dakota’soutdoor heritage. If you don't believe it's a threat, ask some SD residents how it works.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pg pray that your family weathers the storm and all gets better. Looks like you have to be the strong one like any good dad and husband. Best to you and your family.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
So was the comparison made to all hunters or to those that choose to ignore and break the current trespass laws each fall? If the comparison was inferred reagrding all hunters, that is simply wrong. if he is referring to those hunters that would break the law this claim is a bit inflamatory and misleading.

That kind of fanning the flames is NOT what is needed on either side of a discussion such as this.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
SB 2225 will be heard in the Energy and Natural Resources committee on Friday morning. If you cannot attend the hearing in person please voice your opinion on the bill to the committee members below:

Chairman Jessica Unruh - jkunruh@nd.gov - 701-891-9708

Vice Chairman Curt Kreun - ckreun@nd.gov - 701-741-2612

Kelly M. Armstrong - karmstrong@nd.gov - 701-290-0447

Dwight Cook - dcook@nd.gov - 701-220-3850

Erin Oban - eoban@nd.gov - 701-955-3188

Jim Roers - jroers@nd.gov - 701-318-6300

Donald Schiable - dgschaible@nd.gov - 701-824-3168

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
SB2225 will be heard by SenateEnergy and Natural Resources Committee on February 3 at 9am. At least one committee member iscomparing hunters to the lawless DAPL protesters in an attempt to get this billpassed.It is imperative that ND sportsmen show up and ask for a DO NOTPASS from the committee. It’s ananti-hunting/anti-fishing bill that will adversely impact North Dakota’soutdoor heritage. If you don't believe it's a threat, ask some SD residents how it works.

It works just fine what is it you want to know. Seems having grown up in it and never known the difference it has not hindered my hunting or fishing one bit. So it is probably just a better idea to not ask us how it works

Mark Mazaheri

UPDATE:

SB2225, which will require permission for hunting any private land was heard by Senate Energy &Natural Resources Committee on February 3, but the Committee has taken noaction. Some Senators are speculating that supporters of this bill are being givenmore time to lobby for votes on the Senate floor.

It is imperative that ND sportsmenshow up and ask for a DO NOT PASS from the committee. It’s ananti-hunting/anti-fishing bill that will adversely impact North Dakota’soutdoor heritage.

Contact your Senator and themembers of the Committee again. Keep up the pressure. Use socialmedia, forward this information. Your outdoor heritage is at stake.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
It works just fine what is it you want to know. Seems having grown up in it and never known the difference it has not hindered my hunting or fishing one bit. So it is probably just a better idea to not ask us how it works

I could see it working just fine if ND had a little over 40% more land open to the general public but we don't. As we previously discussed, ND has roughly 3.5 million acres of public land open to hunting while SD enjoys roughly 5 million acres open to the public.

Don't kid yourself Kurtr, this hurts all sportsmen present and future as recruitment/replacement will certainly decline.

It's another knee jerk DAPL related bill ALL of which should be mothballed until things have cooled off (next session).

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
He asked how it worked in Sodak and i answered it never said any thing about how it would work in ND. He asked i answered i guess if you dont want to know the answer dont ask the question

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Hearing was Feb. 3rd and the Natural Resources Committee still has not given a recommendation. They need to soon before cross over. I don't believe the House even wants this Senate Bill to cross over.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Hearing was Feb. 3rd and the Natural Resources Committee still has not given a recommendation. They need to soon before cross over. I don't believe the House even wants this Senate Bill to cross over.

I believe they will be looking at it tomorrow and/or Friday.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
UPDATE:

SB2225, which will require permission for hunting any private land was heard by Senate Energy &Natural Resources Committee on February 3, but the Committee has taken noaction. Some Senators are speculating that supporters of this bill are being givenmore time to lobby for votes on the Senate floor.

It is imperative that ND sportsmenshow up and ask for a DO NOT PASS from the committee. It’s ananti-hunting/anti-fishing bill that will adversely impact North Dakota’soutdoor heritage.

Contact your Senator and themembers of the Committee again. Keep up the pressure. Use socialmedia, forward this information. Your outdoor heritage is at stake.

Mr Mazaheri seems to want to push the rthetoric of an anti hunting ideology behind this bill. That isn;t going to help. Relating how it may impact ones own hunting and that of people you know are validate testimonies but if people want to draw lines and make accusations all it is doing is push on the pendelum.

Why not just call this what it is, an anti jack ass bill? Deflecting to it being an "anti hunting" bill only shows an unwillingness to accept why this bill keeps poping up.

Odds are the people pushing this bill likely have their lands posted now anyways and want this to pass just so they don;t have to bother putting up signs............the people that allow hunting now by not posting or asking permission will likely still allow hunting if one asks, so how EXACTLY is it "anti hunting".............

Keep pushing the pendelum and then wonder why it hits you in the back of the head. ;:;banghead

Indeed the rest of the state loves to hear sportsmen from Fargo tell everyone else what is what when it comes to hunting and recreation

- - - Updated - - -

But hey at least our NDG&F are holding hands with the ND HSUS to defeat this so there is always that.......wonder if any of that old HFH crowd is joining that circle jerk. ;)

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
and we in Fargo just love being told what is what about EVERYTHING from a certain few

go ahead - slander the nature-loving outdoorsman who ended up living in the big cities out east... so productive for you and your interests

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mr Mazaheri seems to want to push the rthetoric of an anti hunting ideology behind this bill. That isn;t going to help. Relating how it may impact ones own hunting and that of people you know are validate testimonies but if people want to draw lines and make accusations all it is doing is push on the pendelum.

Why not just call this what it is, an anti jack ass bill? Deflecting to it being an "anti hunting" bill only shows an unwillingness to accept why this bill keeps poping up.

Odds are the people pushing this bill likely have their lands posted now anyways and want this to pass just so they don;t have to bother putting up signs............the people that allow hunting now by not posting or asking permission will likely still allow hunting if one asks, so how EXACTLY is it "anti hunting".............

Keep pushing the pendelum and then wonder why it hits you in the back of the head. ;:;banghead

Indeed the rest of the state loves to hear sportsmen from Fargo tell everyone else what is what when it comes to hunting and recreation

- - - Updated - - -

But hey at least our NDG&F are holding hands with the ND HSUS to defeat this so there is always that.......wonder if any of that old HFH crowd is joining that circle jerk. ;)

Oh yes and you now linking most everyone on this site to the HSUS since that vast majority on here oppose this bill definitely proves just how big of a wack job you are!

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I know is, more laws is definitely the answer. Just like all those anti-murder and anti-drug and anti-whatever laws are keeping criminals from committing crime. I'd be willing to stake big dollars that this bill will absolutely keep trespassers from trespassing

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 233
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55