Trespass Bill

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can we call GST and Fritz, batman and robin from now on? Whenever gst gets in deep its fritz to the rescue to try and bail him out. They are like a tag team duo from wrestle-mania. I can see them in a animated commercial, DEFENDERS OF AG! Here to save the day!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
that cooperate farm measure was more than what it seems

ive chatted with what I would consider "family famers" brother and brother. they were in favor of measure 5 and here is why. brother A and B each have sons so cousins . brother A and B are considered as family farm at this time however the language as it currently stands would make them cooperate when the sons took over. lets be honest brother A and B will not live forever so there son will need to take over the current language as it stands would make it them split everything the moment the sons took over to consider them family farms.

IMO cousins or family like that are still not cooperate farms.
I don't like cooperate farm bills as much as anyone but when you dig deeper and chat with some local AG personal there not all greedy bastards as some claim.

if I farmed with my brother and our kids were to take over I would want to change how the language currently stands as well does that make me a greedy bastard?

p.s. this was explained to me via chatting with one the farmers. I did not fact check the situation he described . I was just relaying how some local guys explained it to me.

Last edited:

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can we call GST and Fritz, batman and robin from now on? Whenever gst gets in deep its fritz to the rescue to try and bail him out. They are like a tag team duo from wrestle-mania. I can see them in a animated commercial, DEFENDERS OF AG! Here to save the day!

the land barons will only have each other in the end. so I 'get it', batman and robin are just practicing/polishing their tactics. unless they change their methodology, it looks like they'll have themselves an uphill battle of their own making

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
So public lands total roughly 10% of ag lands total. To the fella on that 1300 acre farm, 3.5 million acres seems like a lot.
I would tell the guy not to feel bad because he was comparing his farm to what all the people in the United States own together in North Dakota. It's sort of how the democrats work. They always say they are for the little guy. The guy making $100K looks at the millionaire and thinks he is the little guy. The millionaire looks at the guy making ten million and he thinks he is the little guy. The guy making ten million looks at the billionaire and thinks he is the little guy. Everyone thinks they are the little guy because of the self pity everyone has for themselves. Poor gst.

So you are okay with HSUS and hunting orgs or agencies holding hands
It was the Russians.
So a rancher clicks on Nodak Angler to get an ice fishing update to take his kids out this weekend and he sees the Trespass bill thread. He's heard his neighbors that kinda support it talking about it so he clicks on it.
What they will see is a self important ass making enemies for them. Just in case they do look let me be the first to assure them we don't hold you against them. Although your trying hard to push us that way. Doing a good job too.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for dividing wildlife loving hunters and fishers gst

your tactics remind me of a certain ex president's

please just STOP

Guy I missed where you showed the example of slander. Perhaps you can start there and we can work up to you showing where advice to keep from drawing lines and pushing the pendelum is "dividing wildlife loving hunters and fishers". Perhaps you Fargo guys don;t like a little advice from fellas across the state??

Unless you mean I am actually dividing hunters fro fishers which you really got me wondering there guy.

- - - Updated - - -

So 39.5 million acres of ag land compared to 3.5 million acres of public but how much of that public is still being grazed by ag producers? So how many more ag acres do you want gst? I'll hang up and listen.

I have been pretty steadfast over the years I really do not want any more or less public or private lands here in our state. What we have seems to be working. Indeed they are grazed as well as hunted and open ot other recreation. Here in ND the promised multiple use agreements still seem to be working.

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
sounds like there might be a strange compromise coming down the pipe. one i certainly would've never thought of.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

You can call us anything you wish if it makes your willie wet there Mr. longshot it's not going to impact my day much at all.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might as well start wearing this to identify myself when I go west

F Star.jpg

what do we endure next for moving to Fargo after having lived our lives in western/central ND gst?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
that cooperate farm measure was more than what it seems

ive chatted with what I would consider "family famers" brother and brother. they were in favor of measure 5 and here is why. brother A and B each have sons so cousins . brother A and B are considered as family farm at this time however the language as it currently stands would make them cooperate when the sons took over. lets be honest brother A and B will not live forever so there son will need to take over the current language as it stands would make it them split everything the moment the sons took over to consider them family farms.

IMO cousins or family like that are still not cooperate farms.
I don't like cooperate farm bills as much as anyone but when you dig deeper and chat with some local AG personal there not all greedy bastards as some claim.

if I farmed with my brother and our kids were to take over I would want to change how the language currently stands as well does that make me a greedy bastard?

p.s. this was explained to me via chatting with one the farmers. I did not fact check the situation he described . I was just relaying how some local guys explained it to me.

It was explained pretty well. It also opened enterprises such as confinement feeding operations (feedlots, hog operations and dairy) which require large expenditures of capital to build infrastructure to include non family investors and still take advantage of the corporate business structure every one on the supply side of agriculture as well as the processing and sales side is allowed to use. .

- - - Updated - - -

the land barons will only have each other in the end. so I 'get it', batman and robin are just practicing/polishing their tactics. unless they change their methodology, it looks like they'll have themselves an uphill battle of their own making

If I recall people made claims like this the last few times measures such as the DU one were being discussed. They have been made for years, yet time and again the people of this state seem to prove the small handful of people making these claims wrong. Funny how the people of this state can see thru things.

- - - Updated - - -

I would tell the guy not to feel bad because he was comparing his farm to what all the people in the United States own together in North Dakota. It's sort of how the democrats work. They always say they are for the little guy. The guy making $100K looks at the millionaire and thinks he is the little guy. The millionaire looks at the guy making ten million and he thinks he is the little guy. The guy making ten million looks at the billionaire and thinks he is the little guy. Everyone thinks they are the little guy because of the self pity everyone has for themselves. Poor gst.

It was the Russians.
What they will see is a self important ass making enemies for them. Just in case they do look let me be the first to assure them we don't hold you against them. Although your trying hard to push us that way. Doing a good job too.

Plains why always with the stupid shit? You assume the guys is full of self pity? Maybe he is happy farming 1300 acres and simply thinks 3.5 million is a lot in comparison. Cant really say he is wrong is he?

Your little "russians" quip regarding HSUS.......are you actually trying to claim HSUS is not a real threat to hunting here in ND?....Because THAT would be one of the stupider things you have claimed.

plains no one pushed you, you jumped long ago......it is why no one is left over on the site you moderate. That one is hard for you to accept isn't it.

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can call us anything you wish if it makes your willie wet there Mr. longshot it's not going to impact my day much at all.

I find this quote very amusing and hard to believe.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

21463404_2063903330564378_6856512924243587824_n.jpg

what do we endure next for moving to Fargo after having lived our lives in western/central ND gst?

I have no idea what you must endure living in Fargo guy, (or "little Minneapolisis" as you self describe........) I simply can;t imagine the horror. You guys do have our sympathy if you don't get too mouthy about how we should graze our cattle and stuff.

If you beleive it is that tough, the old hobos used to look for a mark others put on a gate post at the front yards of folks showing those sympathetic to giving out a meal ....perhaps you fellas from Fargo can find a similar method if this bill passes.;)

- - - Updated - - -

I find this quote very amusing and hard to believe.

Back contributing again eh Jimmy?

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no idea what you must endure living in Fargo guy, I simply can;t imagine the horror. You guys do have our sympathy if you don't get too mouthy about how we should graze our cattle and stuff.

The old hobos used to look for a mark others put on a gate post at the front yards of folks showing those sympathetic to giving out a meal ....perhaps you fellas from Fargo can find a similar method if this bill passes.;)

Back contributing again eh Jimmy?

could be worse I guess - could have you living across the road telling me how to farm/ranch

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

Actually plains how the Democrats work is they are never happy with what public benefits they already have, they want to keep taking more and more from the private sector to give to and grow govt.........

They always try to change or ignore reality and history to make things suit their narrative.............

Plains, would you like to see more public land in ND?

- - - Updated - - -

could be worse I guess - could have you living across the road telling me how to farm/ranch

Ah guy now you're just being petty and silly, my neighbors would tell you I don;t tell them how to farm or ranch, most times I am asking them for advice.

You can do better than that guy, that's not much above "your Momma wears army boots".

- - - Updated - - -

Say guy why would you list "Little Minneapolis" as your home if you live in Fargo..........? It really isn't that bad is it? I mean if you guys living there think so, what should the rest of us think?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it people from Minneapolis making it that bad or is if people from Fargo making it suck that bad?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you trying to insinuate that people from Minneapolis are kind of arrogant and want people to be like them and now tht is happening in Fargo or is it that people in Fargo are desperate to be like Minneapolis.......exactly where are you going with that statement in your profile?

Just trying to understand you fellas from Fargo a little better, it must be some kind of a protest thing ya got going on your profile?? You guys are so much farther ahead of us out west with all that protest stuff.

I suppose pretty soon the fellas in Jamestown are going to be giving their locations as "Little Fargo".

You know I didn;t think the movie Fargo was really fair to you guys, I mean I say "ya sure you betcha" waaay more than most of the fellas I know from Fargo.

Uffda those Hollywood people don;t know much about us North Dakotans do they now.

- - - Updated - - -

If it gets much worse I may have to change my location to "Little Minot"..... but they aren;t so bad, they throw a hell of a party for us Norwegians every year. All the lutefisk you can eat!!!

Take that Fargo.

dank

This whole discussion has gotten petty, personal, and silly.

Let's circle the wagons here...

A majority here (including gst) tend to oppose SB 2225. The Energy and Natural Resource committee has yet to give a "Pass/Do Not Pass" recommendation as of yet. That tells me that the ENR members are still where our communications and voices will have the greatest impact. I've included all the email addresses to the committee below to make it very easy to cut and paste the necessary contacts.

When writing these committee members or legislators, stay logical and resist the urge to become over emotional. Contextualize your thoughts as to how this bill would impact your quality of life, how it would impact your recreational spending habits, how it will impact the way in which you spend time with your kids, identify the towns that you may visit that it would be much harder to patronize as a result of this bill.

I urge that if your message is going to be "this bill is stupid" or "landowners are greedy", then just sit on the sidelines. Don't allow petty comments to eradicate your credibility and the credibility of like minded individuals.

If you support SB2225, do the same thing. It is your right and your OBLIGATION as a citizen to express your opinions and desires to our elected officials. If you believe there is an outcome to this, or any, bill that you would bitch and complain about down the road, then please contact your legislators now.

ENR Email Addresses:
jkunruh@nd.gov
ckreun@nd.gov
karmstrong@nd.gov

dcook@nd.gov

eoban@nd.gov

jroers@nd.gov
dgschaible@nd.gov

dcook@nd.gov

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well they both usually try to get us to shaft ourselves for their benefi, so ya Robem.
Don't say Bundy or this will go 50 pages, hence the Battyman comment. To turn so many threads into Hammonds or Bundy requires a loose screw.

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member

21463404_2063903330564378_6856512924243587824_n.jpg

This made me laugh and then made me sad. I have on occasion lied about where im from when speaking with landowners about getting permission.

This winter after bow season i was out taking down stands and blinds on a nice saturday afternoon. I met a tractor pulling a hay trailer so i pulled into an approach since there wasnt room for both of us. The guy pulled up, and shut his tractor off blocking me in. He opened the door and sat there i guess waiting for me to come talk to him. I got out and went up to him with the typical "hey there, hows it goin". The guy jumps down my throat asking me "WTF are you doing driving around my roads". I was taken back and slightly scared haha. I told him what i was up to and that i was also looking for a coyote or two. Then he proceeded to tell me about ALL the Fargo mother F#$@ers that drive around on his roads and in front of his place (this particular spot was 2 miles of government land on each side of the road so i was scratching my head a little). I didnt know what to do other than listen to him vent in hopes he would just leave soon. It was a strange spot and definitely not the first time ive heard such words. He never did ask where i was from and i certainly never told him. The really strange part was by the end of our conversation (if you can call it that) the guy gave me his name and number and told me to contact him this summer and he might have a couple spots i could bowhunt. I never even asked him haha so that was cool.

farmers are strange creatures.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 71