Trespass Bill

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As an older guy I am very good at running my slide rule for my number work. I bet the young do not know what a slide rule is even. Db

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think I still have one, right under my high school year book. My how fast 50 years went after graduation.;:;boohoo

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
As an older guy I am very good at running my slide rule for my number work. I bet the young do not know what a slide rule is even. Db

That's like the really "techy" version of an abacus right?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
So your saying it's not going to stop you posting this crap and then trying to clame your against the passing of this bill. So how many absentee landowners and Family Trusts are going to sign up for that list?

Mr Nelson why the childish hate?

I'm still not for this bill but those that are adamantly opposed should understand this would make it much more attractive to many that were kind of on the fence so the likelihood of passing just went up.

It depends on how easy it is.

Plains has made a big deal out of saying people don;t want to be bothered with people calling or stopping in nd that is why they are against this bill. If that was the only reason they did not support this bill, this is a way to eliminate that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not worth it. I had a nice paragraph typed but I lack gst's stamina for arguing.

Ah come on wags ususaly you post pretty good stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Soooo you want me to believe the NDFB lol or you want me to believe what you told the NDFB, or you want me to believe what ?? When the sun rises in the west.

Plains I really don;t care what you believe, I merely shared the fact the NDFB and I have different postions on this bill.

No

So you claim not to demand open access, but simply pulling up an app on your phone while sitting i your pickup maybe even the comfort of your recliner is too much? What would you accept?

Wrong again.

plains the " proof coming right from your finger tips to keyboard, to my computer screen?" says different

No, it's like having plots.

So gst I answered a few of your 100 questions maybe you can answer some that people have asked. You sure are supportive to get this one way or another. Why should I believe the NDFB when I have the proof coming right from your finger tips to keyboard, to my computer screen?

Plains, what questions that are serious and not merely childish ranting have I not answered?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Went to a museum with my grand kids one day. They found a phone that looks like the one I use. They thought that was kinda of funny.
my slide rule from over 50 years ago sits next to my desk. And yes I have use it as of late but not very often as at our age coming up with a number for something just does not mean nothing anymore. Db

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
BBQBluesMan your an intelligent fellow yourself.

It will suffer a death, but I don't know if it will be that slow. Wait until those 16 counties see a significant reduction in their beloved non residents. Not to mention a drop in residents who travel far enough to use a motel or a restaurant. I'm going to make sure my gas tank is full before I cross these counties.

For some reason I don;t think anyone i those counties will mind plains.............

- - - Updated - - -

DB, you are wise.

I see some similar issues with this.

1) Many landowners who currently do not care if people hunt, likely are not going to go out of their way to advertise it to the whole world. If they do, like DB said, every tom dick and sally will show up and someone will probably end up ruining it after a while.

2) The current amount of unposted land will not make it on this app. I would envision maybe a ¼ of it, if that. Hunting as we all have known it will not be the same. Some will likely hang it up, or just not get out as much. Nonresidents after a while will stop coming. Local towns will suffer. Children will play more vidya games.

3) Many older hunters are not tech savvy and do not own smartphones, or if they do, do not know how to use them. I realize its not rocket appliances (as ricky from trailer park boys would say), but many older folks just don’t have the desire to be technologically advanced.

4) How is the word going to get out to all landowners for this idea, who is going to spearhead it, maintain it, troubleshoot it and take questions, because I bet there will be a lot.

5) Oh this law won’t stop idiots from being idiots, I think that has been well established. So what is this law really about? I support private property rights just as much as anyone, but we have a good system currently. If this law passes, idiots will continue to be idiots, the sportsmen and women will lose and the rich hunting heritage this state has had will die a slow death.

some reasons why I still don;t support this law, but what is being said in my posts is this amendment will get some off the fence to supporting it.

Add in people doing what dank and myself and fritz have cautioned against doing that we have seen happen in this thread and this has a chance of passing more than ever before.

Some people are so petty and childish they can;t take a step back and see what is being said in these posts.

- - - Updated - - -

This whole discussion has gotten petty, personal, and silly.

Let's circle the wagons here...

A majority here (including gst) tend to oppose SB 2225. The Energy and Natural Resource committee has yet to give a "Pass/Do Not Pass" recommendation as of yet. That tells me that the ENR members are still where our communications and voices will have the greatest impact. I've included all the email addresses to the committee below to make it very easy to cut and paste the necessary contacts.

When writing these committee members or legislators, stay logical and resist the urge to become over emotional. Contextualize your thoughts as to how this bill would impact your quality of life, how it would impact your recreational spending habits, how it will impact the way in which you spend time with your kids, identify the towns that you may visit that it would be much harder to patronize as a result of this bill.

I urge that if your message is going to be "this bill is stupid" or "landowners are greedy", then just sit on the sidelines. Don't allow petty comments to eradicate your credibility and the credibility of like minded individuals.

If you support SB2225, do the same thing. It is your right and your OBLIGATION as a citizen to express your opinions and desires to our elected officials. If you believe there is an outcome to this, or any, bill that you would bitch and complain about down the road, then please contact your legislators now.

ENR Email Addresses:
jkunruh@nd.gov
ckreun@nd.gov
karmstrong@nd.gov

dcook@nd.gov

eoban@nd.gov

jroers@nd.gov
dgschaible@nd.gov

dcook@nd.gov

Best post in the thread. Still good advice unless you are trying to get this bill passed. Guess NDA is the sidelines :)

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since the east runs things I think they should test this as a 3mi wide buffer zone along the Red and nowhere else.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mr Nelson why the childish hate?
Because your a flipping idiot who comes on here's spews shit never actually answers anything and always claims to be on one side when your literally the mouth piece for the other and somehow think we won't know the difference.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Because your a flipping idiot who comes on here's spews shit never actually answers anything and always claims to be on one side when your literally the mouth piece for the other and somehow think we won't know the difference.

Says the fella that admits he is okey dokey with hunting orgs and agencies joining with HSUS ......................

What would you like me to answer I have not?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody else think GST reminds them of the guy in this skit that ISN'T Adam Sandler?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah come on man, I bet that fella in that deal hasn;t ever copied and pasted one single link of facts in his life.

Hey SDMF what do you think of Mr. Nelsons idea of HSUS joining up with hunting orgs and agencies being okie dokie?

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
if this passed and any one needs to unload all the out doors stuff if this passes keep me in mind before you throw it away i will give you a few bucks

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey SDMF what do you think of Mr. Nelsons idea of HSUS joining up with hunting orgs and agencies being okie dokie?

Obama pulls the race card
Hillary pulls the gender card
gst pulls the HSUS card. You don't agree with him your HSUS. Someone debates they are HSUS. OK now back to the high fence hunt and HSUS.
I don't like them either, but sometimes gov agencies don't have any choice but to talk to them. They don't have to like it, they don't have to take their advise, but if they are citizens the agencies have to play nice and listen. So I would suggest Dean is not an idiot. Someone is however.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I cannot imagine people putting their name on a site inviting whoever to come whenever. Db

19 of those whomevers came whenever it worked for them and shot deer this winter after I posted an invite on a couple sites.

Maybe it would work , maybe it wouldn;t

- - - Updated - - -

Obama pulls the race card
Hillary pulls the gender card
gst pulls the HSUS card. You don't agree with him your HSUS. Someone debates they are HSUS. OK now back to the high fence hunt and HSUS.
I don't like them either, but sometimes gov agencies don't have any choice but to talk to them. They don't have to like it, they don't have to take their advise, but if they are citizens the agencies have to play nice and listen. So I would suggest Dean is not an idiot. Someone is however.

I pull the HSUS card when it happens plains kinda like when your friends with the HFH deal YOU mentioned hopped i, bed with them

Stiiiiiiiilllllll trying ot make excuses for someone regarding hunting issues having ANYTHING to do with HSUS eh plains.

Ha nice try to link this to Obama and Hillary .......

Hillary and Obama also justify their support and involvement of Black Lives Matter too plains............kinda like what you are trying to do here with HSUS.

Anyone in a govt agency here in ND can simply politely shake hands with HSUS tell them their ideals do not match the mission statement and protocals of their agency and walk away.

Hunters who justify or tolerate anyones involvement with HSUS in any way are idiots.

Hunters who do and yet preach about protecting the future of hunting are hypocrites and idiots.

Last edited:

dank

?

I'm not an expert on the process but apparently it came out of committee today with a "Do Pass" recomendation as amended. I'm curious as to whether there was any input on the amendment prior to the recomendation. I have been "tracking" the bill via the nd legislative page and have yet to see an update that it would be reconsidered or the language for the amendment.

- - - Updated - - -

So,

Will landowners opt in or opt out? what will the data management process be like in the app?

Frankly, I see implementation of this being a nightmare. On the other side, I don't care the method of which ground is posted... whether it be with signs currently, or digitally as is likely in the future. I still prefer to not enter unposted land without landowner permission, and a system that would identify the gatekeeper to those lands could be helpful (as opposed to simply who the "landowner" found in a plat book or newer smartphone apps is that often times is not involved in trespass permission).

I really, really would like to see who they expect to administer all of this (G&F would be a joke). Who will manage the app, be charged with the landowner education. I don't even know why the state would want to be in charge of such a project and open themselves up to the liability of screwing up the digital info. Say their database files become corrupted and for a period of time it looked like lands that are digitally posted appear to be open to sportsmen. Is the state responsible for the ensuing conflict?

I wonder who is actually preparing the amendment and why it is taking 2+weeks to finalize the language.

?

I'm not an expert on the process but apparently it came out of committee today with a "Do Pass" recomendation as amended. I'm curious as to whether there was any input on the amendment prior to the recomendation. I have been "tracking" the bill via the nd legislative page and have yet to see an update that it would be reconsidered or the language for the amendment.

Franchi

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't find anything that says this bill has come out of committee yet.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes we inadvertently elect the wrong people. The R or D behind them doesn't always mean what we think it does.

I have never missed the poles at election time, but I know I have voted for people because of the R, when I know nothing else about them, and have held regret a time or two.

Also GST is long winded, sometimes over excitable, but at least he is passionate, and tries to defend and explain himself, even sometimes, rarely, but sometimes funny...haha

I would be bored shitless if everyone on here held hands and never had a different view.

By the way, this all land is posted bullshit sucks.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit storm gonna hit if and when this passes.

You have suggested this a couple of time now eye, I am curious exactly what type of "shit storm" will happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes we inadvertently elect the wrong people. The R or D behind them doesn't always mean what we think it does.

I have never missed the poles at election time, but I know I have voted for people because of the R, when I know nothing else about them, and have held regret a time or two.

Also GST is long winded, sometimes over excitable, but at least he is passionate, and tries to defend and explain himself, even sometimes, rarely, but sometimes funny...haha

I would be bored shitless if everyone on here held hands and never had a different view.

By the way, this all land is posted bullshit sucks.

Good thing there is a pill for that now.........

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 210
  • This month: 175
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 63