Sioux hockey starts now!!!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
The third period was ugly. They looked way to tired. I'm going to write it off as having two weeks off and not pushing themselves enough in that time. Losing Luke Johnson is going to be tough (he's not out for sure but it doesn't sound good). He is the anchor to that big defensive line that we pair against opponents high talent line as well as probably our best face off guy. With Johnson taking face offs we wouldn't have iced the puck so much which to me seemed like it burned us out quickly.

I watched the QU/BC game. QU is good. Quick, skilled, and they are all working together very well. I've seen some really great plays from them the last couple weeks. Now BC did not look very good which probably boosted QU. If we play like we did last night we are done for. QU is very good at capitalizing on opponents mistakes.

Here's to drinking to much and screaming at the TV saturday night! #hang8

X2 to this. Luke is going to be missed in the face off circle that is for sure! Somebody needs to step up as we almost lost the game because of poor face offs after icing the puck. As fate would have it Denver ended up losing the game because of a lost face off after they iced the puck. Raise your glasses, kick some asses, North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we need someone to come up with a coat that's half NDSU Football and half Fighting Sioux Hockey (or that fighting bird thing) for us fans who like cheering for the BEST.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody else turn off the tv and throw the remote after Denver tied 2-2? Glad my son made me turn it back on after a few minutes.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes. I punched the couch and went in the bedroom. I did return a few minutes later though. The way the game was going, I had lost all hope.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND is very lucky they won that game. They were out played for all but maybe 10 minutes of the game. I see they still have there issues with the D-man being slow and backing up way to far in the neutral zone. You could tell the forwards got tired after killing the penalties and doing the work the D-man should be doing. Hopefully UND can start recruiting some good D-man in the years to come. They better put together a better effort on Saturday or they are going to get pounded.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND is very lucky they won that game. They were out played for all but maybe 10 minutes of the game. I see they still have there issues with the D-man being slow and backing up way to far in the neutral zone. You could tell the forwards got tired after killing the penalties and doing the work the D-man should be doing. Hopefully UND can start recruiting some good D-man in the years to come. They better put together a better effort on Saturday or they are going to get pounded.

I disagree. I'm going to say they had a solid 15 minutes during the second period. First period was decent but still in Denver's favor. I won't even start with the third. Complete joke.

Like you said though we really need our D to step up. If we play the game we played against Michigan we have a solid chance tomorrow. If we play like last night it will be 5-1 and we will have to go cry ourselves to sleep yet again.

I try to refrain from calling blame on refs for anything because I'm sure my bias misses some "should have been" calls against UND but how do they miss so many blatant too many men calls? DU had 8 guys on a change and nothing got called. Multiple 6-7 guys without calls as well. I know UND just about got caught with 6 once as well but DU was continuously doing it.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try to refrain from calling blame on refs for anything

I won't. "Hockey East" HATES the physical play of the former NCHA and now NCHC and "balance" that style of play with "make up" calls/non-calls. Additionally, if we end up with a group of refs from the Big 10 you can assume that the fix is in for Q-Pac as regular rodent refs aren't about to let ND win. IMO, NCAA doesn't want to see ND win either, still too many ND fans that are "Fighting Sioux Forever", they'll (NCAA) show us by golly.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree on the D men thing. Its tough to hold the offensive zone when you are standing 5 feet on the wrong side of the blue line. As far as refs go, if they call a one sided game, or miss calls, you as a team have to work around that situation, as you are not going to sway the refs by chirping at them.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I won't. "Hockey East" HATES the physical play of the former NCHA and now NCHC and "balance" that style of play with "make up" calls/non-calls. Additionally, if we end up with a group of refs from the Big 10 you can assume that the fix is in for Q-Pac as regular rodent refs aren't about to let ND win. IMO, NCAA doesn't want to see ND win either, still too many ND fans that are "Fighting Sioux Forever", they'll (NCAA) show us by golly.

agree..I bet every top brass NC$$ official cringed at the end of the National Anthem and shortly after when the "LET'S GO SIOUX" chant was clear as day on the TV set...

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sioux need scoring from someone other than the CBS line............... I'm afraid if quin shuts that line down then Sioux have no answer and its game over................ probably a quin route

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sioux need scoring from someone other than the CBS line............... I'm afraid if quin shuts that line down then Sioux have no answer and its game over................ probably a quin route

I agree we need more scoring but I don’t think QU can shut down CBS…Pogo had a great game last night look for him and Simonson to be more active…and better play out of our D in transition.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought it was great how every UND fan on camera had FIGHTING SIOUX apparel on.

I don't understand where the new students are getting "Fighting Sioux" sweaters. They haven't been available at the Ralph for a couple of years now.

Steve.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand where the new students are getting "Fighting Sioux" sweaters. They haven't been available at the Ralph for a couple of years now.

Steve.

They released some just a month ago or so. "Dacotah Legacy Collection" Scheels still has sweatshirts and hats I believe. They had some things with the latest logo and some with the old logo.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only two semis that I watched was the 03/04 Denver game which Mike Prpich missed a open net to tie the game up 1-1. I worked with Mike and Quincy Fylling they would work during the summers on building new 8 plex. Those guys, especially Mike, would tell me stories about the jersey chaser ,those guys were treated like Gods at UND. The other game was when UND lost to Minnesota 2-1 2012-13 on a break away shot by Minnesota where if the puck was just a inch the other way it would of not counted. So now I just watch the highlights, that is way more intense than watching any other sport.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
They released some just a month ago or so. "Dacotah Legacy Collection" Scheels still has sweatshirts and hats I believe. They had some things with the latest logo and some with the old logo.

Correct. UND needs to show "meaningful use" of the logo in order to keep copyright. That means they need to sell some stuff with the logo on it once in a while. It's still called the Sioux Shop inside the Ralph as well.....I believe the arena is still owned privately.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Exactly! The Eastern Elite Snobs have had their feelers hurt ever since Ralph built the arena for UND. The TV crew even did replays with stoppage showing DU's line changes with too many men on the ice 3 times during the first two periods.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member

No worries. The others can score when they need them too. They have for most of the year and will again tomorrow.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Correct. UND needs to show "meaningful use" of the logo in order to keep copyright. That means they need to sell some stuff with the logo on it once in a while. It's still called the Sioux Shop inside the Ralph as well.....I believe the arena is still owned privately.

I don't know what Sheels has, but I googled "Dakotah Legacy Collection" and came up with an article in the GF Hearld dated February 13, 2016 that talked about new tee shirts and hats being released at the Ralph to protect the trademark logo. We were back for the UND/UM Duluth series that weekend and one of the guys bought a shirt and we all were given hats at Saturday's game. Here is the shirt and hat on the far right:

photo.jpg

Steve.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet the person in charge of scheduling which band plays the national anthem got the boot. I bet the top brass at NCAA were besides themselves when "SIOUX" came ringing down on the place at the end. Take that NCAA!! You've been titty sprinkled.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 314
  • This month: 214
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 73